How does this make you feel?

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Media/News-Releases/February-2018/Attorney-General-DeWine-Files-Lawsuit-Against-DuPo

This company has been dumping toxic waste into the water supply for OVER 50 YEARS. THEY ARE STILL DOING IT AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

Oh, and this is a global problem.

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/19/teflon-toxin-contamination-has-spread-throughout-the-world/

Last edited by SuicideAll on Jan 18, 2019, 4:06:31 AM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2019, 3:42:25 AM
Chemical plants and farms have pretty much always dumped their waste into
rivers and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E&t=750s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E&t=1180s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E&t=1780s

Also quick detail: When people tell you about CO2 and global warming bla bla bla, the true cause of pollution are other chemicals as well as massive forest fires.

The solution applied to most countries is higher "carbon & fossil fuels taxes" which does nothing but to destroy the economies and doesn't aim at the root of the problem.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
You want to know what it makes me feel? Nothing, nothing at all.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Just government's usual fail to do their prime directive. Protect life and property of its citizens that pay for it. Otherwise what do we need them for? We could go old school. Someone treads on you, meet at high noon and be judge jury and executioner.

I'm sure instead that company got a no bid gov contract, free land, and tax abatement somewhere along the line to pollute those people.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2019, 2:55:59 PM
Why do you guys think companies manufacture products on asian countries (partially excepting Japan)?

Because there is legal to throw all your chemicals and waste into the river alongside poor labor conditions.

Specifying on the chemical industry and why they do that is simply because investing money into treating and eliminating certain toxic waste is the difference between 10% profit and -40% deficit.

As someone who has studied chemical engineering for 3 years (although i did not complete the grade) i can tell you that most companies look for a desired product and don't want to spend too much on waste treatment/disposal.

Considering it's a LOT cheaper to just throw it somewhere guess what greedy capitalists who put money over morals do.

As Aim_Deep said states should be there for the morals and rules, however when you trade with someone who doesn't play with those rules (China) your capitalist economy falls apart.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jan 18, 2019, 4:22:06 PM
The only time I'm in favor of tariffs is if companies are literally killing or enslaving people to make product. Slavery and killing people actually go against libertarian principles so I see no contradiction. China should have tarrifs on her the EU not so much.
Git R Dun!
I've been thinking about the whole "tariffs on China because they're assholes" and decided I'm no longer for such tariffs. Here's why: who is China hurting to get their products so cheap? The Chinese people. Am I responsible for ensuring the human rights of Chinese citizens? If yes, military interventionism is justified; therefore no, it's their responsibility to stand up for themselves.

Now if China levies taxes against goods from [insert your country here], then okay, retaliate in kind if you want to, try to bring them to the negotiating table and get all the tariffs dropped. But tariffs for human rights issues is like saying "I'm going to make these things more expensive for people in my country because I want to force them to spend money changing the policy of a foreign nation, while starving some Chinese people." How's that different from ordering more drone strikes? Only in that it's a little less obvious.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 18, 2019, 4:57:58 PM
"
IIPheXII wrote:
Why do you guys think companies manufacture products on asian countries (partially excepting Japan)?

Because there is legal to throw all your chemicals and waste into the river alongside poor labor conditions.

Specifying on the chemical industry and why they do that is simply because investing money into treating and eliminating certain toxic waste is the difference between 10% profit and -40% deficit.

As someone who has studied chemical engineering for 3 years (although i did not complete the grade) i can tell you that most companies look for a desired product and don't want to spend too much on waste treatment/disposal.

Considering it's a LOT cheaper to just throw it somewhere guess what greedy capitalists who put money over morals do.

As Aim_Deep said states should be there for the morals and rules, however when you trade with someone who doesn't play with those rules (China) your capitalist economy falls apart.

It gets worst.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency has known about this for a long time. In fact, the second in command at the EPA was working for Dupont and EPA at the same time.

It even went so far as Dupont writing a script for the FEDERAL agency.

USA government is corrupted. Can't blame China on this one.
How do you stand up for yourself in CHina? They'll put you in concentration camps like they have 1 million Muslims in concentration camps. Or just just machine gun you down like in Tibet.

Naw won't work. Takes some outside pressure.

Nothing like war. Just we won't do business with you.. Simple as that.

Thing is there are some very powerful people here benefiting from this slave labor and environmental catastrophe so it's not happing.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2019, 5:12:25 PM
"

USA government is corrupted.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely...Lord Acton

And people say I'm cruel for being a libertarian.. nothing as cruel as dems and republicans who wants to help.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2019, 5:20:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info