Watcher's Eye price check?

I took on a yellow Elder (first time this league, second overall I think). Glad I made it through without dying, although it was close. Such a mess of a fight (but nowhere near as bad as Mastermind), and the game lagged fiercely. Anywho... I managed to keep the Shaper alive and got a Watcher's Eye to drop. It looks pretty nice with Clarity and Haste. What do you reckon it's worth?

Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jan 17, 2019, 6:41:57 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2019, 3:20:24 PM
The onslaught mod is worthless, because you can get that from like 5 billion sources wich are all cheaper and more efficient than a WE: Flask, Abyss jewel, Crafting-bench options, various uniques and even some shaped rares. (It would be a nice bonus in a multi-Haste WE, but never more.)

The extra ES mod though is very valuable and sought-after.

The search in Betrayal SC shows that the cheapest ones with that mod are around 5.8 Exalts, including offline. That's where your own WE is at. So gz, i guess :).

http://poe.trade/search/nomatuaresinok
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jan 17, 2019, 10:27:02 PM
"
tweedledee111 wrote:
The onslaught mod is worthless, because you can get that from like 5 billion sources wich are all cheaper and more efficient than a WE: Flask, Abyss jewel, Crafting-bench options, various uniques and even some shaped rares. (It would be a nice bonus in a multi-Haste WE, but never more.)

The extra ES mod though is very valuable and sought-after.

The search in Betrayal SC shows that the cheapest ones with that mod are around 5.8 Exalts, including offline. That's where your own WE is at. So gz, i guess :).

http://poe.trade/search/nomatuaresinok

Thanks. That's mighty valuable then :)

Tbh I thought both mods would be really good, at least in combination, as typically you may get one mod that is useful, but Clarity and Haste is something probably many use. Could use it myself actually. Onslaught can certainly be gotten elsewhere though, and it's easier now than in the past.
hello friend,

13% clarity mod is very low (12-18) - would divine it

Haste is usually not worth much, maybe some support guardian might use it (pay more for it).
"
Rakiii wrote:
hello friend,

Haste is usually not worth much, maybe some support guardian might use it (pay more for it).

Hi friend :)

Thought about that using a divine or two on it, but seeing as life is 6%, wasn't sure whether to risk it.

A more general question about nose-bleed high prices for some of these items, when something is listed as for instance 5.8 exalt, or 0.9 exalt, how is that actually carried out in trade?

I have a pure breachstone and listed it in chaos instead of 0.9 exalt or whatever the going rate was at the time. Figured that would be easier.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Thanks. That's mighty valuable then :)

Tbh I thought both mods would be really good, at least in combination, as typically you may get one mod that is useful, but Clarity and Haste is something probably many use.

This is not the appropriate way to think about it... First of all not very many people actually use Haste, and those who do typically are attackbased builds, wich usually don't use Clarity, because manaleech is easy to get as an attackbuild.

But that's honestly not what matters. It's not important for wich Aura the WE is, or how many people use the Aura, but what special benefit you get out of the WE, and if it is necessary/efficient to use an expensive WE for that benefit. For example nobody in his right mind would ever use Vitality without a liferecovery or lgoh WE for Vitality. But these benefits are so strong, that people use the Aura just to get the benefit from the WE.

In case of the Onslaught mod the answer to the question: "Is a WE necessary/efficent to get that benefit?" is no, but in case of the extra-ES mod it is yes.

Now on the synergy: Yes some people, especially support Guardians, might use both Auras, but since Onslaught is THAT easy to get, they would most likely prefer another Haste mod (e.g. spelldodge or movementspeed). Furthermore it's an on-kill effect so the supportcharacter himself will never benefit from the mod. (Supporters don't get many kills.) Synergy between the auras certainly is an aspect, when pricing a WE, but in this case it's just not enough.

Btw on the divine topic: The % liferoll is irrelevant, the ES roll matters. Your customer will be an ES-based character. (I would save the divines and just price it a little lower, but certainly nothing wrong with divining either.)

On the trading stuff: well typically your customer throws a bunch of chaos in the tradewindow, or if he's more scrupulous, he asks you how many chaos you want for your "0.8" ex. But most people just add a bunch of chaos :D.
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jan 18, 2019, 2:21:31 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
hello friend,

A more general question about nose-bleed high prices for some of these items, when something is listed as for instance 5.8 exalt, or 0.9 exalt, how is that actually carried out in trade?

.8 would be 80% the cost of an ex, as the seller you get to determine the number of C that is.

Nice find!
Thanks all, good points. I've listed it now so we'll see if anything happens. Could really see any price difference on the % roll, so didn't bother to divine it. I only have two. At these lofty prices, I guess a divine or two is kinda included in the price.

Very lucky find :)

Not Headhunter from beast recipe as some person reported, but still a very nice find.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info