Juggernaut ascendancy needs to be revisted again

I. Unstoppable
-10% increased movement speed
-cannot be stunned
-action and movement speed cannot be modified below base value
*This ascendency needs a rework, simply because it is untrue, it can and does get ignored on the most important fight in the game, elder and shaper boss fights. Also, it doesn't do anything near the good type of modification that say rangers get with huge increases in damage and survivability in every ascendancy node; in essence this node is nothing but a lazy node, one which people can choose if they don't want to spend the fifteen minutes to farm a piece of jewelry or belt that can do this and much more, or spend even less time to purchase it on the trade boards. I believe that this was a lazy revision to an ascendncy that needs more, if not because it is weak, but every other ascendancy is far stronger, with much faster clear times.

II.Unrelenting
-1%(only) to physical(only physical) damage reduction per enurance charge
-8% reduced elemental damage taken when at max endurances
-4% chaos resistance per endurance charge
*Guys c'mon, again I'm going to refer to the ranger who gets 40% increased damage and onslaught in 1 node along with other things, and there are arguably better classes. Not to mention 4% chaos res per endurances charge means you need to invest another 12 nodes to get a decent chaos resistance to make this usable. the 8% is nice, but in comparison to every other class, again this node resembles vomit. I like this class and think that theres a deep well of ingenuity available here, provided GGG revist's this class and makes some minor but important changes.

-example of changes that can work-
* increase the value of the endurance charges by increasing the amount of damage gained by another 5% per charge, or add more 5% damage per charge to more nodes, the current 5% increased damage per charge on a single node isn't enough, but adding this increase to these silly lazy nodes would make the class comparable and facilitative to the spirit of the build.
*add more +1 charges or, increase he values already ascribed to the nodes for example, unrelenting can have 10% chaos resistance per endurance charge and still not be strong enough, +1 endurance charge added here would make the cost of investing into adding endurance nodes to your character more reasonable and leave space to add more damage of life or whatever it is you are aiming for in your specific build.

Thanks for reading! please feel free to share your agreement or disagreement and any feedback that you might have! Cheers
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 5:44:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Eh juggernaut is easily one of the most flexiable if anything one of the most powerful classes in the game by far.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
lol jugg is allright
Prevents action speed from being lower than the character's default speed due to effects such as chill, freeze, or Temporal Chains.
its not that you are not effected by slow effects. you will get slowed but u wont get frozen.
this is a pretty good node kaom's root can replace it but kaom's is a pretty damn good item and it costs a lot in ms-resist aspect.

-unrelenting:
this is one of the strongest keynotes of jugg. i am actually afraid of this node getting nerfed. its god damn good and its the main reason i am playing jugg.

I am genuenly afraid of jugg getting nerfed in next expansion and yet here you are talking about buffs.
Its already one of the most played ascendancy classes in the game. I dont think it needs to be more op.

"
Eh juggernaut is easily one of the most flexiable if anything one of the most powerful classes in the game by far.

probably strongest by far.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Jan 17, 2019, 2:24:33 PM
On my flickerstrike scion which only gets a portion of the jug ascendancy I can notice the survivability differences when I didn't and did have the ascendancy. The ascendancy from my prospective is to make you able to tank what no other ascendancy could which I think it does ok for now.

Since scion gets the +1000 accuracy instead of the never go below base speed modifier and any other jug I play I normally always go for the +1000 accuracy anyway as it is too good imo to mitigate stuns I go brine king pantheon or in armour build go unwavering stance.

The main thing jug ascendancy does is passive endurance charge generation anything else is a bonus imo.
How bout we give Berserker some love and then worry bout Jugg updates lol.
... actually asking for Jugg buffs is some chutzpah...it's easily most powerful character in game because it survives nearly everything and stuff it shouldn't and living is primary key to success.

I feel guilty when I play jugg like cheat code unlocked.

Everyone of my half ass jugg builds beat every boss in game. Even tanked uber atziri double flame blast once which you shouldnt be able to do with her deep pen. Cant say same about any other class where I made plenty of duds. Maybe Glad is close.

Edit I was just looking over some of my old build guides. I didnt tank I dodged it... my bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKE4eXMesQY But seriiously OP still.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 17, 2019, 3:51:44 PM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
lol jugg is allright
Prevents action speed from being lower than the character's default speed due to effects such as chill, freeze, or Temporal Chains.
its not that you are not effected by slow effects. you will get slowed but u wont get frozen.
this is a pretty good node kaom's root can replace it but kaom's is a pretty damn good item and it costs a lot in ms-resist aspect.

-unrelenting:
this is one of the strongest keynotes of jugg. i am actually afraid of this node getting nerfed. its god damn good and its the main reason i am playing jugg.

I am genuenly afraid of jugg getting nerfed in next expansion and yet here you are talking about buffs.
Its already one of the most played ascendancy classes in the game. I dont think it needs to be more op.

"

probably strongest by far.

I see same nerf. GGG giveth OP and taketh when gets to be critcal mass. Which he is.

OP is not necessarily nerfed. Like how many seasons have 1ex miners been wrecking uber? People just don't like play style so it flys under radar. They like jugg which spell trouble.
Git R Dun!
Jugg is one of the best classes in the game by far, and if anything I'm worried they're going to nerf it (I don't actually believe they should, as it's more or less single-handedly keeping a lot of melee builds viable).

As others have said, work on Berserker. Even Assassin could use some kind of defense node (increased global defenses while dual wielding or something). Not sure if any others stand out as being kinda meh but those come to mind.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
I'm going to refer to the ranger who gets 40% increased damage and onslaught in 1 node along with other things

Now go and compare Jugg pick rate vs Raider pick rate.

Jugg is strong enough, no changes needed.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Jan 18, 2019, 5:04:33 AM
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
I. Unstoppable
-10% increased movement speed
-cannot be stunned
*This ascendency needs a rework, simply because it is untrue, it can and does get ignored on the most important fight in the game, elder and shaper boss fights.

Supposedly, it works again the Elder's 'suck' where pretty much nothing else but Kaom's root work.
These 2 things allow you to cheeze that part of the fight in a quite disgusting manner ...

Unrelenting is one of the strongest nodes of the class, it's absolutely huge when you know how damage calculation works and realize how much you get from this ascendancy alone.

By the way, dmg increase per endurance charge is Unyelding, not Unrelenting ... you mixed something somewhere.

10% chaos res per charge ? you realize that you could get +80% chaos res from that alone quite easily ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 18, 2019, 5:26:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info