juggernaut with Unstoppable/ rigwalds axe

hey, so I'm newish

I. Been trying to do shaper and elder bosses using a juggernaut character with unstoppable and noticed that regardless of the ascendancy, I still get stopped.

does anyone know if this is how its suppose to be and if so why?

II. Rigwald's axe with a one handed sword doesn't seem to be getting the stats that it says it will get while dul wielding and using a sword. I tried using a soul taker with a one handed sword, only using dual wielding nodes and jewels and noticed that the rigwald's does about the same damage, despite having substantially more physical damage and only .2 less attack speed.

I am using consecrated path in both instances so the conversion from phys to fire isn't the reason either... Any ideas? maybe the super expensive weapon is just much worse than the extremely cheap one?
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2019, 7:37:40 PM
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
Rigwald's axe with a one handed sword doesn't seem to be getting the stats that it says it will get while dul wielding and using a sword. I tried using a soul taker with a one handed sword, only using dual wielding nodes and jewels and noticed that the rigwald's does about the same damage, despite having substantially more physical damage and only .2 less attack speed.

Are you comparing Soul Taker with Rigwald's Savagery? If yes, well, Soul Taker does less physical damage but have significantly more attack speed; that's probably why the tooltip dps is even (the tooltip can sometimes be misleading for a new player) even though the change to attack time seems minor.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: About the stats on Rigwald's Savagery (the increase to attack speed of swords and increase to damage while dual wielding), even though it seems much, the extra attack speed can be overshadowed by the attack speed of soultaker because base attack speed (the attack speed on the weapon) is greatly valued, therefore Rigwald's Axe being a slow weapon can drastically decrease the tooltip.
Also, you didn't showed what the one handed weapon is; if its base attack speed is slow, then the increase to attack speed from the Rigwald's Axe is diminished in value.
Last edited by jhssf on Jan 17, 2019, 6:32:12 PM
I see, I don't know how to use the poe builder, cant figure out how to manually enter in values

I am using fate of the vaal gemstone sword with max roles and 28 quality so is attacks per second is 1.50

in your opinion, woud you say the true damage, as opposed to the tooltip damage, is greater with the fate of the vaal and rigwalds axe?

or is the true damage greater with fate of the vaal sword and soul taker axe?

thank you in advance for any information
Elder does have a move that can stop even an unstoppable jugg. I believe it places an actual physical barrier around your character which is why you can't move. I've seen other enemies that do something similar, but the barriers they create are often escape-able with movement abilities while the Elder's does not seem to be.
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
I am using fate of the vaal gemstone sword with max roles and 28 quality so is attacks per second is 1.50

in your opinion, woud you say the true damage, as opposed to the tooltip damage, is greater with the fate of the vaal and rigwalds axe?

or is the true damage greater with fate of the vaal sword and soul taker axe

Only PoB can tell; let me give you an example of tooltip vs actual damage:

you deal 100 physical flat damage, then you use a source of extra physical damage as cold, for example 20%;

So now you are at 120 tooltip damage (100 physical + 20 cold)

You hit a monster (a boss is a good example) that have 25% cold resistance; so your 20 cold damage will be diminished by 25%, the final damage will be 115 damage (100 physical + 15 cold)

The thing is, bosses and unique monsters normally have elemental and chaos resistances, so the final damage will often be lower than the tooltip damage. I say often because the tooltip doesn't factor penetration.

Now for the physical damage: monsters often have armour, that diminishes the physical damage you deal.
Now, since both weapons deal physical damage, you have to factor armour; Some leagues ago armour calculations have changed, and I, for pure lazyness, haven't checked out how it works now; before it used to be that your damage would greatly diminish if you have low physical damage in proportion to the enemys armour, so high attack speed and low physical damage meant far less than low attack speed and high physical damage. As I said I don't know how it is now, but I think the discrepancy in reduction between the differences of values of armor and damage was reduced.

As for your question, which one is better (rigwald or soultaker), I really can't say unless you show your build (to do that, go to your profile here in the website and disable hide characters tab: home -> my account -> privacy settings -> uncheck hide characters tab)
Last edited by jhssf on Jan 17, 2019, 6:49:00 PM
"
jhssf wrote:
"
Yuroj344 wrote:

or is the true damage greater with fate of the vaal sword and soul taker axe

Only PoB can tell; let me give you an example of tooltip vs actual damage:

you deal 100 physical flat damage, then you use a source of extra physical damage as cold, for example 20%;

So now you are at 120 tooltip damage (100 physical + 20 cold)

You hit a monster (a boss is a good example) that have 25% cold resistance; so your 20 cold damage will be diminished by 25%, the final damage will be 115 damage (100 physical + 15 cold)

The thing is, bosses and unique monsters normally have elemental and chaos resistances, so the final damage will often be lower than the tooltip damage. I say often because the tooltip doesn't factor penetration.

Now for the physical damage: monsters often have armour, that diminishes the physical damage you deal.
Now, since both weapons deal physical damage, you have to factor armour; Some leagues ago armour calculations have changed, and I, for pure lazyness, haven't checked out how it works now; before it used to be that your damage would greatly diminish if you have low physical damage in proportion to the enemys armour, so high attack speed and low physical damage meant far less than low attack speed and high physical damage. As I said I don't know how it is now, but I think the discrepancy in reduction between the differences of values of armor and damage was reduced.

As for your question, which one is better (rigwald or soultaker), I really can't say unless you show your build (to do that, go to your profile here in the website and disable hide characters tab: home -> my account -> privacy settings -> uncheck hide characters tab)

@jhssf THANK YOU FOR your response! I tried doing what u sed about character revealing on the profile, but sadly I think it doesn't matter cuz im on xbox… the xbox community is small so sometimes I post questions here that cant get answered in the xbox questions tab. hence my trouble with manually entering in values with path of building... I am still hoping ggg makes xbox players able to connect their characters here and path of building accomadates console players with an app that will work for them. do you know anything about penetration calculations... I have around 30, also do you know how to enter values manually into path of building fields?

my gamer tag is oddporpoise1879
Last edited by Yuroj344 on Jan 18, 2019, 12:22:47 PM
I'm not used to PoB so I can't help you on this but there are some tutorials out there...
Even though I don't play console, would be nice to console players to use something like PoB =)

As for the penetration you can do some calculations yourself, for example, you want to calculate Shaper damage:

let's say your tooltip is 10k damage of a single element, and you penetrate 30% of that type of damage;
If you go to the wiki it says Shaper have 40% elemental resistances and 25% chaos resistance;
Let's say your damage is cold; so you take the value of the enemy resistance and subtract the value of the penetration, in this case:
40% cold resistance - 30% cold penetration = 10% final cold mitigation from the 10k damage, wich results in 9k final damage.

The more an enemy is resistant to the element, the better penetration will be;
Also, penetration stacks with other forms of lowering the enemy resistance like curses and Elemental Equilibrium.

If an enemy is 100% resistant to an element (but no immune), if you penetrate 30% the enemy will mitigate only 70% of the damage;
If the enemy resistance is 0, the penetration will make the final calculation as if the enemy have -30% resistance to that element.

In general, penetration is very good unless you are running multiple lowering-resistances curses and/or have high curse effect and/or running Elemental Equilibrium; because as I said, the higher the enemy resistance the better penetration will be.
"
Yuroj344 wrote:

Any ideas? maybe the super expensive weapon is just much worse than the extremely cheap one?

The price of rigwald's axe is determined by its rarity, not by its strength.

It's a legacy item exclusive to talisman league, that cannot be dropped any more in the normal game, you can only get it via obscure ways (certain Divination cards and other sources of legacy gear).

If it were a normal unique, it would probably be cheaper than soultaker.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 20, 2019, 2:52:42 AM
You need to remake and make a cheifton. Cheifton is superior in everyway- 48% more damage, more life with 10% Inc str, and less damage taken- 18% less damage taken from all sources with taunt totems.

With my ms cheif I got 9.4k hp, over a million flat sdps, and 1.7k Regen.
Meta = cattle

-ty men

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info