What do you do for fun?

Self-study quantum chemistry and I jump rope lol. Nothing is more fun than being in the middle of no-where .. nobody around .. jumping rope with the music from my car blaring :D
I go to concerts and travel. Those are kind of hand in hand really since I rarely seem to do one without the other. Damn you, Central Florida for being so unappealing to bands.

Outside of that, I do enjoy cooking, I'll go to the cinema now and again, I enjoy studying other languages...

Yeah that's about it really.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
Pretty sure I'm getting hit by a period of apathy and burnout. It's been decreasing how much fun I get out of things, even those I normally would look forward to.

Aside from the slump I'm in, I take great pride in my cooking. I learned from my grandmother, and make a mean gumbo. It's slow going, especially when done right with a dark roux, but it's always worth it in the end. Of course, when I cook, it's normally for a party.

I also enjoy creating mixed drinks for parties. I had aspirations to be a bartender at one point, and I was really interested in mixology for a period of time. I've since grown out of the dream to be a bartender professionally, but still have a lot of fun playing the part in events.

While in college and before getting my current job, I used to routinely do plays at a local community theatre. All volunteer, no payment, of course. But it was a lot of fun for me, and was something I probably desperately needed at the time, since I was terrible at making myself meet people or open up. Since I've been working I haven't been able to commit to that again, and I've fallen back into being a hermit.

I have two groups I routinely play D&D with, one in-person and one online through Discord. Some things get in the way of a session occasionally, but otherwise we try to have a session every weekend.
Bring back race seasons.
Just have no time for fun lol. It isn't always a good thing to be an adult.
Last edited by CrownyWow on Feb 7, 2019, 10:10:45 PM
Make art.
I read. Fantasy literature.

You say generic, but my reading's not the same 'light reading' most people do. It's to the point of an addiction. True story, after the first high school summer break my mom banned me from going to the library. Bet you've never heard that one before... During that summer, I read 40-50 books with page lengths ranging from anywhere between 300 to over 900. The actual book count is probably higher, but I can only confirm 40+ books as several series were mediocre and forgettable.

Currently re-reading (and hopefully finally finishing) the Wheel of Time series, with some Chinese web novels as a change of pace whenever needed.
Ah, I forgot, I have an unreasonable amount of these things in my apartment:

That one is Bonny, a rat who keeps sitting still in various places and thinking about life and universe.

My girl keeps bringing more and more of them and they are an entire thing in life, it's like having dozens of tiny dogs at once.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

I also enjoy creating mixed drinks for parties. I had aspirations to be a bartender at one point, and I was really interested in mixology for a period of time. I've since grown out of the dream to be a bartender professionally, but still have a lot of fun playing the part in events.

While in college and before getting my current job, I used to routinely do plays at a local community theatre.

Me too! Though I didn't really want to be a bartender pro, I used to read recipes for drinks and pretend I was making them. And I never drank! LOL

We used to do small theatre as well; some Shakespeare (you don't appreciate him until you have to really study parts), as well as some avant garde (I remember one where I played a hamster and someone else played a clock, it killed my knees), and more mainstream. Loved it! Would love to do it again, but who has time?

John G, Bonny is lovely! Last I heard you were facing a major outbreak of myco. :( What happened with that? Hopefully you did not lose too many.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Feb 8, 2019, 12:30:14 PM
Video games and the Internet are the only things I do for fun, or to relax.

My schedule in a nutshell; work-game/fuck around on the internet-sleep-repeat cycle.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

John G, Bonny is lovely! Last I heard you were facing a major outbreak of myco. :( What happened with that? Hopefully you did not lose too many.

Well that was a bit of hell, for two weeks every one of our 18 units of awesome had to have medicine twice a day, dosage dependent on weight so about 5 tiers to measure. At first it took 2 hours per day for two people, by the end we had it dialed down so it took only one hour and fifteen minutes but jesus christ, what an ordeal that was. No casualties related to that event, later we lost one beautiful bastard due to a very mysterious illness that 4 rounds of antibiotics and rented oxygen generator didn't fix.
And yes, we take to the absolute total extreme, my good woman is becoming a minor national celebrity in the rodent communities in context of caring for those beasts. I think nobody rented a medical grade oxygen generator for a rat before and I built an oxygen chamber out of plexiglass and a spare cage. The emergency med box with all types of shots, medicines etc. for rats is 3x larger than our own emergency aid kit for human use hahah
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Last edited by JohnGrammaticus on Feb 8, 2019, 3:11:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info