What do you do for fun?

We know you play games, but what else?

Try to stay away from stuff that is generic like reading in general.

Please try to keep this off politics. If you can.
Censored.
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2019, 3:56:09 AM
Currently i'm building up stamina and muscle for the summer to come so running and basic push-ups and stuff for roughly an hour and a half each day.

So not a lot but it's consistent.

Other then that research topics i enjoy or listen to a podcast on topics that intrigue me.

I got a lot of time since i don't work or party.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Trail running at night in the forest in deep snow, but that got killed by extreme air pollution recently.

Photography - 13 years of taking landscape pictures but that got killed by life recently, remnants to be seen here https://www.instagram.com/johnrailowsky/

Making things - building furniture or creating an audio amplifier from the very bottom, electronics, making useless electric devices or hyper power light sources - got killed by the lack of free space in the apartment.

I am a serial hobbyist so I don't mention minor hobbies like mountain biking etc or anything I shafted due to lack of resources and funds.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Hearthstone
Play with my pet cat & kitten / share lol cat pics
Meticulously plan future in Google calendar
Pretend to be NeverTrump NPC caricature in public
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 16, 2019, 4:37:25 PM
So we can't mention videogames nor reading...

Fuck. What else do I do for fun? I just realised that's a significant chunk of my leisurely time spent.

I used to go running a lot. Up to a half marathon in poor weather conditions in the South of France (heat) or Finland (cold).

I used to play volleyball a lot. For the past couple years I've not managed to find a team appropriate to my level and ambition (chill training, yet talented players).

Sadly, most of my freetime currently is spent with my gf, we share an apartment. I say sadly, because most of my money and time actually disappears on her ideas...like, let's go to Venice! Let's check out that new restaurant! Let's splurge on that vintage wine! etc etc.

Actually, what I seem to do for fun is keep gf happy so I can play videogames.

Sad! xd
Not much else. Used to draw years and years ago. Sometimes I'll do some light modding of Skyrim. I was trying to get back into drawing, but it's hard to get into.
I know you said not to mention games, but honestly I'm spending way too much time playing mobile games. Those damn things are addicting, and you can't get away from them like you can a PC. Your phone is right there with you 24/7.

A PC I can wean/moderate myself from with work, day to day life. I'll be damned I don't have a mobile game loaded up at work nowadays.

I'm fixing to start exercising again; something I was heavily into, bodybuilding and all, for a solid 20 years. Then I had a very bad humeris break that left nerve damage and I just haven't been able to stick with it or get into it as hardcore since. Its something I was good at and I honestly found incredibly fun and satisfying for a long time.

But yea, sadly games is about all I do nowadays. I've enjoyed pool, bowling, darts, all the good drinking games and played in many a leagues but I've settled into the videogame hermit in my later years.
I restore old hand tools in my spare time.
I find them at flea markets, yard sales etc.
People want them gone (in many cases for nothing)
Still play SSF on my main account :)
I started this thread and then got busy and forgot it.

I also realized I did not say anything myself.

Some interesting stuff on here. You can learn about people based on what they choose to invest their time in.

I knew about Grammaticus (from that other forum) I think tinkering and inventing would be awesome.

I used to collect rocks but stopped although I have my collection still. I had a thing about collecting different currency for awhile but then I did a tri corner currency arbitrage in RL and decided I hate it. :)

I cook a lot. It took me like 15 years to finally get my marinara recipe awesome. Many interviews with Italians went into that as well as experimentation. I do more baking because the wife hates it. Last year I made a 7 layer torte (not sure how you call it in English). She took pictures but I seemed to have misplaced them. I was very proud. For this Christmas I made a devil's food which uses real, expensive chocolate as well as cocoa.

I am currently taking a break from my scent creation but I still have about 2k chems and eo's. I have made some bespoke frags for people but not lately. It is an expensive hobby as, for example, tuberose (real) does not come cheap. Chems are hard to find sometimes and due to regs they have made it difficult to obtain some of them due to weirdos that use them for nefarious purposes.
Censored.
One really entertaining and relaxing hobby i have is penspinning. It really helped me killing time during high school, university and vocational superior grade after that. Since you only use your pen is harder for anyone to take it away as you also need it to write. Doesn't happen the same if your teacher/boss catches you playing with your phone ya know.

Over time i've gotten decent at it, practicing some tricks with my left hand these days as i got bored of playing them with my right.

Hoping to get as good as these guys some day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqYX8_VjvQ

Remember, no matter what you do there's always an asian better than you.

"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jan 23, 2019, 5:50:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info