Issue with locked account no answer from support

I am using a new account to post this as my other account is locked

After a few weeks in Betrayal i noticed that my Head Hunter was missing on my Standard Character ( From previous league). After further investigation i noticed all my Currency and valuable items were missing ( 6 Links / Good Rare / All the items worth >1ex ).

I contacted the support about this issue the 28 December. To my surprise as i was playing yesterday my account was put on lock without notice with this email :

On Mon, Jan 14, 2018 at 9:55 PM NZDT:

Hey there,

[Removed by Support]

I answered the mail in less than 10 Min and waiting for GGG since then .

I am using Steam login and i have now this message :

Your Steam account isn't associated with a Path of Exile account.

I tried to go trough the reset password via GGG Website without success .

Do you guys have any idea of the process and the time it will take ?

Thanks

#Character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tr4sH/characters

Edit: according to Chris they won't do support until February :'( https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ag8o2x/according_to_ggg_there_will_be_no_technical
Last edited by Luca_GGG on Jan 16, 2019, 2:09:28 AM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2019, 7:43:56 AM
Self inflicted tbh.

1. poor security, to get hacked the hacker would have to have access to both your email account and game account.

2. you did the right thing in contacting support BUT you don't understand the process.

3. You contacted them when they have a massive backlog and holidays.

So, like i've said...the process for this sort of thing is to instantly lock the account upon a person contacting support claiming they have been hacked.

This is to prevent further damage, BUT due to the time frame of the email it was not seen instantly or even within a few days, FYI they have over 1000 emails in a backlog before the holidays and at least that many coming in every day....then the holidays hit.

So this means when they actually processed your email (the other day) the account got locked.

The rest of the process will take a while.

You will be asked some security questions.

Assuming you answer correctly your ticket will be handed over to account investigations (for the lack of a better name)
This part actually takes a fair bit of time, this is because they only have a few people dealing with it and it's a time intensive process.

What dose not help is constant emails from you to either try hurry them along or requests on status, doing so removes your ticket from the queue, updates it with the new mail and then places it at the end of the queue each time you email them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
They didn't had access to my mail account.
Any mail change need a confirmation.

I started playing again in Bestiary league and never used anything else than Steam to log in ( even on the poe website i was using the sign-in trough steam )

I can't connect to my main account anymore as it does not recognize my mail.
And neither ''password reset'' or ''forget account'' option are working.
It say my mail is not recognize.

But on the other hand i can still launch POE via steam and i have the account locked with the message please contact support.
Prepare for a very long wait sadly the support is not in a good state atm. And that is not only due to there being holidays, it in fact has nothing to do with that if you listen to Chris statment in that post. They just have a inefficient system if you go by comments from former employees, and they were not ready for the big wave of new players. You would think that having a good and smooth support would be something even more important in times like this would be one of the biggest priorities they have but sadly that has not really been working out. I dont have access to my main account either and it has soon been 3 weeks since my first e-mail to the support.

That said i just wanna make sure that i still think that GGG is a amazing company, they are doing things so much better then most others in the game. But that is just more reason to speak up about the things that are not working, not to be used as an excuse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info