New to Console Not PoE

So i recently started playing PoE on consol just to check it out see whats different and how the Console version is.

After 48 and hitting Act6 it drastically changes. Resists on console is eay different. Its more of a factor then on Pc..But the problem is that on co sole drops are fewer and far between. So getting resist gear is alot harder then Pc. As well as the trade market is ridiculous. 12exalts for a 1chance pc item makes newer players stall out. So what should i do. i have ran certain areas over and over with little to no luck at findi g alot of gear..pie e here and there.

Any new console player advise?
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2019, 10:13:18 AM
Chaos orders. Every league start and even the first few weeks. This has been the only saving grace really. Resist on the other hand, I don't cap till maps. Try and grab fire and cold res when you can after the first Kitava kill, and don't worry about it so much.

Also remember you can craft resist on gear. Even easier now with dual res 20% crafting. Just grab a 2 stone ring or boots with an open suffix and toss on what you need.

Lastly there are several skill tree nodes that offer res. Grab them early and just spec out as you gain gear.

As someone who has never really played the PC version, this is all I can tell you. The first league or 2 I was in the same boat as you, but was also trying to learn the game in general. If you are not on SSF or HC Betrayal I can try and help you out some when I'm on. Gt: Corrison.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Jan 15, 2019, 6:24:57 PM
After Act 5, the resists go up. I keep them capped throughout the game for general ease-of-pain. Rings, belts and amulets are a good resist band-aid for the campaign. I don't do much crafting or real gear work til maps, just focus on life pool, resists and pathing on the tree.

You shouldn't have to farm xp this early. I spend a few levels in Blood Aqueducts, especially league starters for Humility cards (Tabula), some currency, upgrade flasks etc, but not in Act 6.

Would be nice to see your character to help out more, but uh... hey welcome to console ;)

Post back if you're still having issues.
im honestly not farming for xp..om farming for resist gear..or anything worth crafting..i will try the two stone method and see if i can bandaid atleast til i sell some items..thanks for the insight and info..from what im gathering higher lvl poe console is really glitchy
The best advice is to not waste your time playing on console if you're already eatablished on PC.

As you've seen the trade market is abysmal since it's flooded with greedy morons and the servers are ass and GGG doesn't give a shit about improving them.

As far the gearing issues you're having; try to find a cheap Goldrim (good luck with that though, last I checked the fools here were trying to charge 5c for one), Belt of the Deceiver (or if you have the stats to enable it's effect The Magnate), Voll's Devotion maybe even a pair of Windscream's. Just mash on whatever to fill resists if you're worried about them though tbh resists don't really matter until you hit maps.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Paynimo wrote:
im honestly not farming for xp..om farming for resist gear..or anything worth crafting..i will try the two stone method and see if i can bandaid atleast til i sell some items..thanks for the insight and info..from what im gathering higher lvl poe console is really glitchy

On XBOneX, I don't experience a lot of the issues that people seem to be having, even on high level. Also sounds like MTXs are slowing some players down. They strip down and the game runs fine. I'm wearing a few pieces myself, but not peacocking. No troubles.

Are you following a guide or doing your own build?
So i fixed my resists rearranged some gems and now im mapping..but jeez u gotta be creative with the crafting caue if not you cant really use the trade market...sad but true...to many greedy people selling things like a drillneck for 50x like wtf...if they know a unique is used for certain build or builds they jack up the price way to high..wish we could get it regulated alil more with GGG but i know they dont care to much for it...sure take my supporter cash tho lol...i'll give the game alil more time but honestly cant see myself playing if it doesnt get any easier to access gear for builds..ive noticed alot different then PC...items dont drop as often...getting to mapping takes way longer...movement skills suck horribly unless its whirling blades...market is on brink of a collapse..just flaw after flaw...but we dont give up easily...so like i said alil more time before i throw in the bloody towel
"
Paynimo wrote:
So i fixed my resists rearranged some gems and now im mapping..but jeez u gotta be creative with the crafting caue if not you cant really use the trade market...sad but true...to many greedy people selling things like a drillneck for 50x like wtf...if they know a unique is used for certain build or builds they jack up the price way to high..wish we could get it regulated alil more with GGG but i know they dont care to much for it...sure take my supporter cash tho lol...i'll give the game alil more time but honestly cant see myself playing if it doesnt get any easier to access gear for builds..ive noticed alot different then PC...items dont drop as often...getting to mapping takes way longer...movement skills suck horribly unless its whirling blades...market is on brink of a collapse..just flaw after flaw...but we dont give up easily...so like i said alil more time before i throw in the bloody towel

I just play it as if its a totally different game. I white knuckled it through one league, map after map, so that I could finally say I won one of those first place armors (that I have never used lol) because I could never have won one on the PC, and since then I don't care about my rank after hitting 92-94 (dependent on how bad the build could use those extra 2 points)

I craft most of my own gear as much as possibly and make my own builds. I borrow a lot of ideas from posted builds (in some cases steal is the better word) and try to create something from everything I learn from all of them within a budget. Some work out better than others obviously, but its fun for me seeing how hard I can push each guy, and along the way I stash stuff that looks like something I can use later.

When I'm done with the build I look at all the good stuff I found along the way from each toon and try to plan out my next guy/gal with all of it. Honestly the only reason I don't play SSF completely is sometimes there is one small piece that I need here and there to make an idea viable and in those occasions I buy it.

I also make it a habit to ALWAYS make my first build in a league something that I don't have to rely on the tradeboard at all for, so that by the time I'm done with my first build the prices have come down to a more "reasonable level" (well for what's suppose to be the cheaper stuff anyways lol)

When it comes to movement skills I only use them to proc fortify (unless its flamedash,flamedash rarely gives me loops). I accept the fact that it's just not happening on the console. Maps WILL take longer. I can't whirl or leap my way from point A to point B.No problem. It is a different game after all, I always tell myself lol.

This is what works for me. I had to change the way I played and thought on the xbox or else I would have thrown the towel in like you are considering. I still get frustrated at the crashes at the absolute worst possibly times as if its by design to fug with me lol but I play it from bed on the console and when I yell something ridiculous at a tv screen, the wife is usually beside me to laugh at me, which in turn (after the initial increased anger of her laughing at me subsides) makes me start to laugh myself.

So to sum it up i guess the only advice i have is to get married and play from bed, or try to just... i dunno just get married it's probably the easiest way to go about it.
Last edited by SQUINT on Jan 27, 2019, 12:39:30 PM
um i dont see marriege being the issue seeing as ive been in the same relationship for 6yrs and might as well call it marriege haha...but i did push through all the BS and got past it all..just takes alot to do it...and your absolutly right on the whole different game cause it kinda is..i use blink arrow for movement on my Ranger..and thats the only one cause it does help..but others like flamedash amd leap slam are honestly useless without pin point landings..I have 11 tabs full of gear now just waiting for a build i wanna try or create...what u said is good advice for anyone else reading this ..thanks everyone
I feel the same about most issues xbox has(as i've been playing since harbringer league, as my gaming comp blew up and can no longer run games only search web lol) but i've been glad it came to xbox so i could play poe as i really enjoy this game.. the one thing and only thing that really drives me is this wishywashy trade pile of garbo, it literally makes me eyes bleed, i normally start looking for something then 3 mins in i sat f it, ill find one lol

need help or wanna map gt Zephesto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info