Frustration vs rewards

36 challenges done this league and I'm finally ready to play something else. Not because I have nothing more to do or experiment but because there is far more frustrations than rewards.

What I can say :

- Never saw Aul in delve league and betrayal.
- Never saw Farrul, first of the plains in bestiary and betrayal.
- Alva Temple? I found only one vial ever and it worth 1 alch. This league I never had a corruption chamber lvl 3.
- Never saw the doctor divination card and of course no Headhunter. I'm not a big burial chambers farmer but still...
- Playing since beta and never saw a mirror either.

I love this game but i'm so tired to play a trade simulator game to stuff my char. I know how to make some currency but it's just not fun anymore. I would like sometimes to feel rewarded when I play the game and not "poe trade".

Sometimes it feels like I have more chance to win real life lotery...

It's time for GGG to reconsider the balance between frustration and rewards.

I don't want everything in one week like Diablo but I think there is some improvement needed.

Some years ago I made a post for a "self found league" : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242 .

If SSF league was a bit more rewarding in exchange to not be able to trade anything I would play that without a doubt. But the same trash rewards + no trading no thx.

This is my personal opinion : a game shouldn't be balanced exclusively around trading. It was the reason I asked some years a go for a "self found league" with a different balance concerning rewards. GGG gave us the name "SSF league" but it's just full of "nothing".

Again I love this game ,I will be here the next league and I will support GGG like every league but still... they can do better than this.

Sorry if my english is not perfect.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2019, 10:21:11 PM
Its like You are in my Head.
6 YEARS, yea 6 years I have played this game 8-16 hours a day. Every league til i just can not deal with Trade or lack of drops in SSF to build a solid end game char just because of my completely shit RNG.

But I keep trying, I love POE. Its a Love.hate relationship tho.
SSF will never be any different than regular league for drops, they have made that clear.
This is a trade-based game, also something they have repeated ad nauseam.
Still play SSF on my main account :)
I like it as it is. I dont expect to get anything and im happy to get whatever I get. My goal isnt to get a mirror or to get anything else really. I think, if you expect to find some super rare thing, you arent going to have fun in this game. You can easily have as a goal, to be able to afford a HH though, and have no problem getting it without finding insane stuff. The game has a huge grind component, its pretty much what the game is. I like that there are rare stuff that I probably will never see, but maybe some day.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
BasilWood wrote:
SSF will never be any different than regular league for drops, they have made that clear.
This is a trade-based game, also something they have repeated ad nauseam.

Trade based game with the worst trading in history. Logical....
i understand you.. But,as always,stop poe and wait for new league.Maybe its better :D
yeah, true!!!! plz GGG reconsider the balance between frustration and rewards
oh no, you haven`t found a HH which is one of the rarest uniques in the game

poor you
Took me a decade (on and off) to complete the "Tal Rasha's Wrappings" set in Diablo 2: LoD (SSF). Didn't bother me a bit.

This game would be nothing without carrots.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Just. Stop. Expecting.

Play for the fucking fun of playing. If you feel like the game owes you something, you've exchanged your work ethic for a game. You aren't owed jack. You don't need to find a mirror to win this game. I've found one. Dropped off a white mob in a blank room of the temple during incursion. I don't feel like that makes me a winner.

What makes you think the game owes you a reward?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info