Can't get Item Filter to work?

I've downloaded both the regular and semi-strict NeverSink filters and put them in the proper folder (Documents -> My Games -> PoE) but they are not working.

I just installed a fresh Windows 10 on a new SSD, whereas I was previously using Windows 7 on an HDD. Is this potentially causing issues? How can I fix it?
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2019, 5:33:53 PM
Hello there.

When a filter is rejected by the game, there is a specific error message when you start the game (just after entering the first town area).
Letting us know which exact message you get will definitely help getting an idea of what's wrong.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jan 15, 2019, 6:06:09 AM
You also have to go to options and select the filter you want to use.
esc>options>ui>scroll down>select the filter
Should help you:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter_guide
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I go to select the filter and it is just listed as 'default' - there is no error. When I load the game, it says 'item filter loaded successfully' or whatever the message is. I'm at work and can't check, but there was definitely no error message associated. I tabbed out in game and verified the path the game gave me as the location, and it was the exact same as what the item filter said. I then refreshed in game and nothing happened. I then exited and restarted and still nothing.
did you extract the neversink filter? it came in a zip file if i remember right
"
SyZ wrote:
I go to select the filter and it is just listed as 'default' - there is no error. When I load the game, it says 'item filter loaded successfully' or whatever the message is. I'm at work and can't check, but there was definitely no error message associated. I tabbed out in game and verified the path the game gave me as the location, and it was the exact same as what the item filter said. I then refreshed in game and nothing happened. I then exited and restarted and still nothing.

You have to actually click in there and select a filter besides default.
"

Don't think so ... I basically just copy pasted the file that ended in .filter from the site to my computer
"
SyZ wrote:
"

Don't think so ... I basically just copy pasted the file that ended in .filter from the site to my computer

you have to extract it. try again after, it should work

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info