Current Multi-mod Meta

honestly im okay with good gear being available to more people, i guess im just getting a little concerned about how much easier everything is becoming for this game.

with every addition something gets significantly easier. mapping, grinding, currency, power, etc
basically everything except surviving is consistently getting easier and easier the longer this game lasts. this isn't terrible when you see it as incremental but down the road this feels like it'll become an issue.

i guess it has to do with how i like to play the game as well. i play this game with goals in mind. once i reach my goals im usually done with the league. my goals revolve around min/maxing characters and gear.

this league it feels like you can max out a characters gear in one day. again currency comes easier and easier every league and this league you can pretty easily get 1-2 ex per hour (at current chaos prices) if you speed run syndicate. faster and more efficient can get even more.

i do enjoy how more of the goal of getting great gear is found within crafting for yourself instead of trading - that aspect is great - but it just feels like things are becoming too easy, really.
"
xMustard wrote:
Insane boots for 2 exalts
the boots are pretty crazy. 95 life, 40/40/40 res, 30 movement and 12% spell dodge for basically a total of2.5ex including divining cost.

This is not true for number of reasons:

1. How much it cost to isolate 30% ms + spelldodge affix in terms of used annul orbs and wasted items when ms affix was annuled itself? Way more that 0. Or you used "prefixes cannot be changed" and scour? Then it would be +2 ex to price you mentioned.

2. Rank 3 doulbe ele resist affix has range 17-20 which means in average player need to spend 4 divines to hit maximum roll and 16 divines to hit maximum roll if there are 2 res affixes like your boots have. Taking into account 95 life roll from 80-98 interval (Helena's 56-70 + Jun's 24-28), it would take 4.7 times more divines in average. Taking into account 12 spelldodge roll from 11-12 interval, it would take 2 times more divine orbs. 16 * 4.7 * 2 = 150 divine orbs to hit exactly your rolls on affixes. With current prices it is 15 exalted orbs.

Average craft cost of this boots is 20 exalted orbs. If you were lucky to craft them cheaper, good for you, but don't tell it need to be nerfed only because personally you was lucky.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Jan 15, 2019, 3:53:35 PM
Thats the way craftng should be I hope not nerfed. But I SSF. Kinda hard to find 40 all res boots with 30 MS and 80 life. (I never have in 1000s of hours) Let alone what u made.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2019, 3:40:50 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Thats the way craftng should be I hope not nerfed. But I SSF. Kinda hard to find 40 all res boots with 30 MS and 80 life. Let alone what u made.

Naw they ain't going to fuck with it just because one guy here thinks hes badass.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Crafting before was like adding 30 lightning res to some so-so item. Thats not crafting. that's adding. Finally we get some decent non-1000 exa orb crafting and people want nerf? Essence, Fossils, and now useful multimodding made this game pretty fun and totally doable to get GG SSF even with enough time in game. Maybe it will be nerfed but I think it's a bad idea.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2019, 3:50:15 PM
"
1. How much it cost to isolate 30% ms + spelldodge affix in terms of used annul orbs and wasted items when ms affix was annuled itself? Way more that 0. Or you used "prefixes cannot be changed" and scour? Then it would be +2 ex to price you mentioned.

2. Rank 3 doulbe ele resist affix has range 17-20 which means in average player need to spend 4 divines to hit maximum roll and 16 divines to hit maximum roll if there are 2 res affixes like your boots have. Taking into account 95 life roll from 80-98 interval (Helena's 56-70 + Jun's 24-28), it would take 4.7 more divines in average. Taking into account 12 spelldodge roll from 11-12 interval, it would take 2 times more divine orbs. 16 * 4.7 * 2 = 150 divine orbs to hit exactly your rolls on affixes. With current prices it is 15 exalted orbs.

Average craft cost of this boots is 20 exalted orbs. If you were lucky to craft them cheaper, good for you, but don't tell it need to be nerfed only because personally you was lucky.

so those boots cost about 2.5 ex to craft, like i said.
i got the drop from temple, just the boots with 1x prefix of the movement speed and spell dodge. i regal'd and 1x annul. sure that could have killed it, but w/e nothing was happening with the boots anyway. thats 30c for a 50/50 chance. won't get a better gamble in poe than that.
from there it was 2ex and another...i dunno 16 chaos for the other mods or something. took 2 divines to get 3 off life perfect rolls. wasn't looking for as good as it got, just over 90 life and 40/40/40. so two divines is....34-36c? so there we go. 2 exalt and 75-80c. 2.5ex

pretty sure your math on the average divines it would take to get those rolls is.....fucking terrible and not true at all

even if it cost me 5 ex to make those boots, twice as much, guess what? those boots are worth a fuck ton more. its hard to actually price them because nothing with comparable res/life/movement speed rolls has spell dodge, but they still all range from 10-60ex

"
Naw they ain't going to fuck with it just because one guy here thinks hes badass.

and they won't necessarily leave it because you think you're special for surviving the big rock from the sky

i think people are drastically underestimating what is possible with multimod, but give it a few months i guess...lol we'll see basically nothing but 1-2 mod items with multimod. thats it.

cheap version will be 1 mod items with multi, expensive will be 2 mod items with multi. mirror tier will be 2x t1 mods multi

Last edited by xMustard on Jan 15, 2019, 3:58:04 PM
I don't think most of these multi mod items will ever be relevant or reasonable for the vast majority of players who do reach end game and mid tier maps which is why I doubt GGG will nerf them in the next patch.

2 exalts is enough to fully fund a game stomping meta build much less spend it on a single gear slot.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
xMustard wrote:
honestly im okay with good gear being available to more people, i guess im just getting a little concerned about how much easier everything is becoming for this game.

with every addition something gets significantly easier. mapping, grinding, currency, power, etc
basically everything except surviving is consistently getting easier and easier the longer this game lasts. this isn't terrible when you see it as incremental but down the road this feels like it'll become an issue.

i guess it has to do with how i like to play the game as well. i play this game with goals in mind. once i reach my goals im usually done with the league. my goals revolve around min/maxing characters and gear.

this league it feels like you can max out a characters gear in one day. again currency comes easier and easier every league and this league you can pretty easily get 1-2 ex per hour (at current chaos prices) if you speed run syndicate. faster and more efficient can get even more.

i do enjoy how more of the goal of getting great gear is found within crafting for yourself instead of trading - that aspect is great - but it just feels like things are becoming too easy, really.

We need to stop playing the easy league then.:P Last league I went to 98 and 93 and found 12ex and 10 divine. Good luck making anything you posted. Maybe after leveling 2 100s you could make one.

Trust me it will extend the heck outta your game. I played literally every weekend until last day min maxing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2019, 4:11:17 PM
ya i tried SSF in uhh...leaguestone league but didn't keep with it.
i don't know how much time i'll get to play on a weekly basis, so im pretty dependent on trade for progress. mostly map progress.

i just don't have the time to grind out the grindy bits
"
xMustard wrote:
so those boots cost about 2.5 ex to craft, like i said.
i got the drop from temple, just the boots with 1x prefix of the movement speed and spell dodge. i regal'd and 1x annul. sure that could have killed it, but w/e nothing was happening with the boots anyway. thats 30c for a 50/50 chance. won't get a better gamble in poe than that.
from there it was 2ex and another...i dunno 16 chaos for the other mods or something. took 2 divines to get 3 off life perfect rolls. wasn't looking for as good as it got, just over 90 life and 40/40/40. so two divines is....34-36c? so there we go. 2 exalt and 75-80c. 2.5ex

[...]

even if it cost me 5 ex to make those boots, twice as much, guess what? those boots are worth a fuck ton more. its hard to actually price them because nothing with comparable res/life/movement speed rolls has spell dodge, but they still all range from 10-60ex

I didn't wrote how much currency is took you to craft them, i wrote how much it takes in average to craft boots like yours. And i wrote it only because you were implied that everyone can craft boots like this for 2.5 ex investment which is clearly not true. I wish people were actually able to read before answering:
"

"
xMustard wrote:
pretty sure your math on the average divines it would take to get those rolls is.....fucking terrible and not true at all

Such "argument" makes any discussion with you pointless.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info