Please merge xbox and playstation

It would be enough to merge the tradeboard.
Why it cant be done with xbox servers and PC servers ? Its Microsoft so it should not be so hard to merge tradeboard ?

"
Anikill666 wrote:
Why it cant be done with xbox servers and PC servers ? Its Microsoft so it should not be so hard to merge tradeboard ?

PC doesn't have a tradeboard.

I mean they need to do something otherwise it's going to be people like Elisse trade raping people every league going forward.

They don't even seem to acknowledge the real issues here so doubt anything is going to change.
"
filix wrote:
It would be enough to merge the tradeboard.

Merging the tradeboard is something that could realistically be done, however it would require a whole lot of jumping through hoops on the part of GGG.

Essentially, such a mechanism would require a revamp of the existing tradeboard, allowing GGG to insert their own "middle-man" server into the chain.

The servers for PoE console versions are entirely under the control of GGG, though Microsoft and Sony do have terms and conditions in place limiting what kind of actions are allowed to be performed.

Generally speaking, the limitations boil-down to 2 categories:

a) Unmoderated content
b) Access to paid content

Unless Sony and Microsoft allow a crossplay arrangement to happen, neither party will allow their players to communicate over their network with other players who're not bound by the same terms and conditions of the network.

To put it another way, when you created your account with Sony/Microsoft, you agreed to a set of terms and conditions you must follow to access and use the service. Both companies have their own terms and conditions, and both are very similar, however they are *not* the same. Microsoft players are not bound by the Sony terms and conditions, and Sony players are not bound by Microsoft terms and conditions. Sony cannot punish players who're using XBox, and Microsoft cannot punish PS4 players, so neither side can fully "protect" their own population - and thus will not normally allow them to meet over the service.

Terms and conditions usually also require that all paid content accessible through the service can only be bought, accessed and used with the service. In other words, GGG cannot cause it's servers to redirect it's players to their own online store, bypassing the PSN and XBox Live stores. Sony and Microsoft recieve a small cut from all profits made over the service, so it's easy to see why that is a rule.

Now that's out of the way, let's put that in context of the trade board.

The trade board lists items. The items are all pre-created items, ie. bespoke and made by GGG. They do not contain any User Generated Content, in other words everything that is listed, and could be listed, has already passed certification (or will have done, on release) for BOTH platforms.

Now yes, the items may be *influenced* by players, but only within the legal bounds that a player could alter items. In other words, you could consider any crafted item to actually be a "collection" of basic bits & bobs created by GGG, such as base type, mods and cosmetic appearance. A player cannot give an item an obscene icon, or an obscene name, or an obscene mod. An item available on the market is much the same as any other item the game could theoretically roll, except that usually the particular combinations are particularly useful or attractive in some way.

So that means GGG should be able to set-up a trade server, which players of both console versions could connect to, query, or interact with. To sell an item, a player's sell offer would be added to the database listing. People looking to search or buy an item would query the database listing. As long as the service couldn't be used as a method of communication between XBox and PS4 players, and the only communication was with the server itself, it should theoretically be fine.

This kind of system, with similar underlying mechanics, albeit for a different purpose, has been set-up before by other developers.

Bioware, for example, set up the Dragon Age Keep. It's an online service, which all players on all systems can connect to. Because of it's central position, players are able to upload saves and world-states on one console (for example XBox 360) and download/use them on another (for example PC or PS4). It is allowed to exist because it navigates around the rules Sony and Microsoft have in place, and doesn't break any.

The way GGG have the game on PC so tightly integrated into the website, I can actually see them looking into this kind of thing at some point, though the game would have to do pretty well on console for it to be worth considering.
They don't have to go for crossplay, simply sharing the same tradeboard ps4-xbox one would be in a much better position. Only GGG knows the real numbers, but the xbox tradeboard is pretty empty right now. Ps4 will have a bigger playerbase but poe has bigger competition there.

The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
This has nothing to do with Sony or MS.

It's a cold fact that GGG wants you to buy all the MTX again on a new platform.

Characters are stored on GGG servers you can easily link a GGG account to a MS and Sony account (and pink pong the data between them) they wouldn't have cross play but they could easily see what MTX you have already.

They just won't do it, and I get it, you made something and you want money for it.
"
garthzombie wrote:
This has nothing to do with Sony or MS.

It's a cold fact that GGG wants you to buy all the MTX again on a new platform.

Characters are stored on GGG servers you can easily link a GGG account to a MS and Sony account (and pink pong the data between them) they wouldn't have cross play but they could easily see what MTX you have already.

They just won't do it, and I get it, you made something and you want money for it.

This is the most logical reasoning I've yet to see. Im more than happy to continue supporting GGG as long as they show us some support. Its been a while.
"
StickyWeed wrote:

This is the most logical reasoning I've yet to see. Im more than happy to continue supporting GGG as long as they show us some support. Its been a while.

this is the main reason I haven't purchased any supporter packs in the last 4 leagues. And I purchased the $400 pack the first league it came out on xbox.

gotta show us some love if you want it back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info