lvl 60 guy doing deathless uber elder kill

It can be considered as "bullet hell" because all you need to do in this fight is to - guess what - avoid "bullets" (shaper beam, elder icicles, elder tentacles etc) while dealing dmg.

Just because the screen isnt flooded with projectiles like in more popular bullet hells doesnt mean it cant be considered as one.
Thats exactly what it means, why don't you go google bullet hell and click on images, if you use your definition literally every game with projectiles is a bullet hell which they clearly aren't.
Do you think that those games has screens flooded with projectiles ALL THE TIME?
No, they not. Those "scenes" are seen only in boss fights (and in "end game")

Early in the game it usually has very little projectiles (or just at easier difficulty)
no bullet hells pretty much have the screen flooded all the time otherwise its not a bullet hell, sure they have easier phases like anything but you'll never see one where its trivial or your just talking about a scrolling shooter like my favourite Tyrian 2000 or games of that ilk

not a fan of quoting wikipedia but w/e "Bullet hell (弾幕 danmaku, literally "barrage" or "bullet curtain") is a shoot 'em up in which the entire screen is often almost completely filled with enemy bullets.[12] This type is also known as "curtain fire",[24] "manic shooters"[7] or "maniac shooters".[25] This style of game originated in the mid-1990s, and is an offshoot of scrolling shooters"
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
The people who think this is super hard don't know the fight well enough, what you've got is somebody whose gone 100% dps nodes proving that uber elder is about circle strafing, if you divide the room into quarters and you always move a quarter between every attack you will literally never get hit by elder or shaper.

the rest of the fight is just blink arrow over beams/slams and avoiding degen, his DPS is so high though that the fight durations far below most peoples uber elders anyway.

Like i'm not saying this isn't impressive but it isn't as impressive as your making out because you don't know the fundamentals of the fight well enough. The dude in the video is in danger like 3x in the whole thing the rest of the time hes just taking the steps, how he handles those 3x is the impressive part the circle strafings just business as usual.

If Uber Elder was actually hard disintegrators wouldn't cost 1c :p its extremely hard for some builds, its absolutely trivial for others if you know the knack.

It's impressive because it has never been done before. That's my personal qualifier for impressive.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It's one impressive fight, the guy really gets how to fight in POE,
however,
i want to see him do that as melee.

there's a huge balance problem in POE - the ranged are 100 times better than melee (sadly, i'm a melee person).
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
however,

there's a huge balance problem in POE - the ranged are 100 times better than melee (sadly, i'm a melee person).

this will never happen lol. xD

GGG doesn't give a fuck about balance, as long as you can do endgame content with a 2ex GC mine budget why would anyone in their right mind struggle to do exactly the same fucking content with 10+ ex gear melee or anything else for that matter?

I came back from year of absence to Betrayal and the game is worst then its ever been, they didn't adress jack shit balancewise, they just shifted the meta again.

Thats the reason why I hate totems/mines/traps. Deal more damage then selfcast but have the increased defenses of being able to move while dealing dmg? Checked.

Great balance. Superb.
"
dezignedelic wrote:
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
however,

this will never happen lol. xD

GGG doesn't give a fuck about balance, as long as you can do endgame content with a 2ex GC mine budget why would anyone in their right mind struggle to do exactly the same fucking content with 10+ ex gear melee or anything else for that matter?

I came back from year of absence to Betrayal and the game is worst then its ever been, they didn't adress jack shit balancewise, they just shifted the meta again.

Thats the reason why I hate totems/mines/traps. Deal more damage then selfcast but have the increased defenses of being able to move while dealing dmg? Checked.

Great balance. Superb.

+1

Patch notes 4.0.0

"Glacial cascade and arc damage reduced 5% at level 20.
This change should put these skills same line with others skills.
All melee skills damage reduced by 30% at level 20."
Last edited by FinYuna on Jan 17, 2019, 5:12:43 AM
"
FinYuna wrote:

+1

Patch notes 4.0.0

"Glacial cascade and arc damage reduced 5% at level 20.
This change should put these skills same line with others skills.
All melee skills damage reduced by 30% at level 20."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. Holy shit im laughing so hard right now man you have no idea. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH this is superb.

But yea Imma screen shot it because I have a feeling thats exactly what the patchnotes will be like. xD hahahahahaha. what a guy hahahahahaha word.
"
dezignedelic wrote:

Because some people dont play only one build and after they get bored of broken GC and Arc they will eventually try "worse" skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info