lvl 60 guy doing deathless uber elder kill

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
But just because I don't play at a streamer level with knowledge to back it up doesn't mean I think GGG needs to swing the nerf bat because someone far better than I am makes something look a lot easier than it is.

And there's the rub. This is a game forum on the internet, which means it's full of people who just simply cannot accept that someone might be more skilled than them, and thus they feel the need to talk about how those who do what they themselves cannot are "cheesing" or "cheating" content.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Fire and forget all needs to be deleted from game. I've seen mines, winter orb, VD, scourge arrow, brands do this at less than 70 in tabulas. Then again it hasnt caught on with much of the world like air power so GGG will probably leave it alone until it reach critical mass. They dont nerf on OP they nerf on popular.

Anyway whats happening is spores auto target for you. You just have to fire anywhere and invulnerable spores do the work while you dodge everything.

POE will soon be mobile game like new diablo, we will just create char and the rest will autoplay for us.

PS. The video is good example that the game could use more player skills like the guy showed in the video. Most top players here couldnt do that, because the rely only on pure stats. Though the game have to much power creep now (in dmg terms) and to many auto-aim mechanism on mobs and bosses to survive as a skill based game.
Last edited by herflik on Jan 13, 2019, 11:53:39 AM
"
"
I like how you think this is impressive it's pretty funny.

Says the whale with all of the pretty supporter tags lol

+1

Prob just jelly.
Doing UElder on that level and manage to dodge all attacks. Impressive kill, u can have GG gear and lots of dps but if u can't handle the fight, it's useless.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

1) Be good at bullet hell

That's where most people fail already. If you don't think it's impressive, I wanna see you do it on stream. I bet you can't.

I've done it at lvl 70 with scourge arrow wth is wrong with you lol if you have a good amount of god tier gear you can literally just run around in circles while mirage takes care of it.

I've done uber elder aprox 2300+ times that I've tallied it via carries etc the only thing that can kill you in that fight are the dots on the ground everything else is completely avoidable you dare attack me? So lets go with variables again.

How do the dots appear? Shaper black hole and squid shit

Key factor enough DPS gets rid of the dots or if you do have dots aka the blackhole you simply place it outside the ring nothing special.

I can do it I've done it level 70 wise simply because I have very good gear why is it impressive to some of you? I'm not impressed regardless of outcome but if you can't understand why it's not impressive I'm not going teach you nor will I waste my time leveling another char to 70 when I already know I can do it with my infinite resources of whatever I can get gear.

And it would be embarrassing for me to NOT be able to do it do the amount of kills I've done on that boss
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 14, 2019, 2:18:59 AM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Fire and forget all needs to be deleted from game. I've seen mines, winter orb, VD, scourge arrow, brands do this at less than 70 in tabulas. Then again it hasnt caught on with much of the world like air power so GGG will probably leave it alone until it reach critical mass. They dont nerf on OP they nerf on popular.

Anyway whats happening is spores auto target for you. You just have to fire anywhere and invulnerable spores do the work while you dodge everything.

I don't get your disgust. My first builds as I was learning were typically totem fire and forget type setups and were never impressive.

Also, having seen something doesn't automatically discount something. It's clear from the video that the player has done that fight plenty given all the dodging. Compared to a high damage molten strike build for example the only difference would be shorter damage window, but the fight is essentially a lot of dodging with a high damage single target skill.

Uber Elder is the last challenge that I've really got left, and having died to that fight plenty I know that bullet hell is a lot harder to manage than streamers make it seem, especially when compared to any other fight in game.

Note - Last league I was trying damn hard to kill that thing with a TA Dodger with thief's torment and a quill rain - my damage was far lower and the longer fights meant more to dodge and would inevitably fail. Given the cost just to initiate the fight I wasn't rolling around in currency so practice was painfully expensive.

But just because I don't play at a streamer level with knowledge to back it up doesn't mean I think GGG needs to swing the nerf bat because someone far better than I am makes something look a lot easier than it is.

Totems can be destroyed thats why they are legit compared to fire and forget. They cant even survive reflect maps. And no I've played plenty of cheese. Most of my UE kills are on VD. But I don;t like it. I prefer melee and it';s very hard as in you need GG gear and great reaction time to beat them unless you use some legacy shit like Acuity which leeches back all incoming damage. e.g.

Dont play "streamer level" play fire and forget cheese. You will beat them after 5-6 runs practice.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2019, 2:17:47 AM
I lost count of how many shaper frags I burned through, 5-6 sets weren't enough -- but if the build I had been running had higher damage output I would already have that solo uber elder kill under my belt.

Yeah totems aren't invulnerable and are subject to reflect, but it's otherwise still the same concept of fire and forget. I don't see mirage archer as an issue and I'm glad that players still manage to find new things to utilize after the nerf patrol kills what were once valuable or even niche items.

And on that note, the real frustration shouldn't be focusing on ranged skills but how often melee gets shafted. My own favorite character to play was a blade flurry melee but the tradeoffs between damage and survivability never felt "right".

@Ino - I think it's "impressive" to push the level regardless of gearing because of level restrictions on both gear and gems. But video game play impressive is not the same as say, women's gymnastics impressive.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

1) Be good at bullet hell

That's where most people fail already. If you don't think it's impressive, I wanna see you do it on stream. I bet you can't.

I've done it at lvl 70 with scourge arrow wth is wrong with you lol if you have a good amount of god tier gear you can literally just run around in circles while mirage takes care of it.

I've done uber elder aprox 2300+ times that I've tallied it via carries etc the only thing that can kill you in that fight are the dots on the ground everything else is completely avoidable you dare attack me? So lets go with variables again.

How do the dots appear? Shaper black hole and squid shit

Key factor enough DPS gets rid of the dots or if you do have dots aka the blackhole you simply place it outside the ring nothing special.

I can do it I've done it level 70 wise simply because I have very good gear why is it impressive to some of you? I'm not impressed regardless of outcome but if you can't understand why it's not impressive I'm not going teach you nor will I waste my time leveling another char to 70 when I already know I can do it with my infinite resources of whatever I can get gear.

And it would be embarrassing for me to NOT be able to do it do the amount of kills I've done on that boss

Lots of people can't even beat normal atziri at high level and this guy does hardest boss of the game without getting hit since it would kill him.
Seriously, no one cares how much u have ur aassumed currency or gear and how many times u have killed UElder.
I think most impressive is amount of cockyness on this reply lol
"
FinYuna wrote:

Seriously, no one cares how much u have ur aassumed currency or gear and how many times u have killed UElder.

If you never cared you wouldn't have replied I am perfection as for you well...maybe you should work on it eh? Probably shouldn't reply if you really don't care.

It's not impressive.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 14, 2019, 3:08:34 AM
I dont really get how people are dodging 100% of the time...

Lets take lab even if i only run around him i get hit by the green skill (or some other shit) no matter what at some point

I play miners lately and thats like 80% running and i still get hit by elders skills even if i use a movement skill right when he does his underground skill it still hits me... maybe i just dont get what some of the skills do
"
"
FinYuna wrote:

If you never cared you wouldn't have replied I am perfection as for you well...maybe you should work on it eh? Probably shouldn't reply if you really don't care.

It's not impressive.

Reread ur both replies and u might actually agree if u got some sense.
Carry on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info