Don't waste your time for this game on Xbox...

Hey man I hear you. I almost gave up trying to reach 98 on Xbox. I died 4 to 5x to crashing. I was lucky a ton of other times thanks to my tanky block build. The shits not fun. Xbox definitely feels a bit neglected. The fact that we don't have chat by now is bad enough imo.
"
Do you guys realize how ridiculous it sounds recommending someone spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade their xbox and get an SSD, SOLELY for a game? That's ludicrous.

Better yet, the devs should do their job and make it so people are able to play on any kind of xbox. Or better yet just fix the game in general.

Who said anything about ssd? Also I fail to see where anyone is recommending anyone spend money for an xbox upgrade as you claim.The closest thing to it is Corrison giving advice on a cheaper way to do so if the Op decided to go that route. In no way did he or anyone else suggest that he do so. I went so far as to say that if this was my first time playing the game "even on an X" that i doubt i would still be doing so. I do suspect that everyone in this thread would agree that the Devs should make the game more playble on the original first and foremost, so i agree with you there.

"
Jiff69 wrote:
Kind of like buying an upgrade for a computer.... the original Xbox one was fine when it first came out, however now that it’s running bigger and better games it needs some upgrades. Yes upgrading to an ssd drastically improves load times. Even better upgrading to an Xbox 1 x will drastically improve load times, as well as improve graphic fidelity, as well as improve a lot not all frame rate stuttering. To get further improvement slap an ssd on a Xbox 1 x.
To say that it’s wrong to recommend upgrading your console by spending a little bit of money.... you’re a pc player I can see from all the supporter packs you purchased.... why do you bother to upgrade a PC. I’m glad console gaming has gotten to this point.

I really agree with you in so many ways. However, my problem comes down to one key point. Expectation. No one is demanding they be able to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox 360 because it was not made for nor released on the 360 thus there is no expectation to be able to run it on a 360. POE IS available for the Xbox One Classic and as such should be playable on the system as it is on the One X. If the game requires you to have a One X to play properly then it should not be available on the One Classic, or at the very least have a disclaimer on the download site that states that the minimum requirement to run the game properly is an Xbox One X. Much the same as a PC game will tell you that your system is not capable of running the game with your current hardware, and includes a list of required hardware. While I feel devs should be targeting the latest generation and taking advantage of the power of those consoles (such as the One X and PS4 Pro). If you release a version of your game for the Classic Xbox One then it is absolutely your responsibility as devs to support and ensure the game runs properly on that system.
Last edited by Nervis_Wreck on Jan 13, 2019, 2:44:50 AM
Think of the Xbox one as the minimum requirements. Ps4/ps4 pro somewhere in the middle and Xbox one x as the top end.
The game is playable on an Xbox one, is it the best user experience no. Imo they should take a cue from the d3 team and reduce the amount of monsters on screen, blizzard did this when bringing their port to console. It unfortunately would put the Xbox one players at a bigger disadvantage. I’m glad the game was released in general on Xbox, I even went out and bought an ssd drive and an Xbox one x because it made my gaming experience better.
Does the game run on a basic pc sure, does it run like crap most likely. Runs great on a rig though. We all get the crashes and non gameplay related bugs that freeze our games, bog down our systems ect.

All I’m saying is console players should be glad that towards the end of a life cycle of a console, we’re still getting quality products, as a gamer I’m ok with upgrading my equipment. If it means the software will run smother.

My final thoughts are this,
I think an oh Xbox one probably runs very similar to the minimum requirements on a pc. Is it the greatest experience no, does it work sure.

Poe is great on a one x, at least till we get an expansion or update in the future that will push a one x to the limit
Played on both consoles nothing is different but the load times. Still a problem with the servers and end game mapping on both consoles. I leveled my last character to around 90 and haven't logged back in since.

It's not fun when start hitting T13S and up as you grind your ass off only to die and lose your XP due to the game malfunctions.
"
PitBullDogs wrote:
Played on both consoles nothing is different but the load times. Still a problem with the servers and end game mapping on both consoles. I leveled my last character to around 90 and haven't logged back in since.

It's not fun when start hitting T13S and up as you grind your ass off only to die and lose your XP due to the game malfunctions.

GGG should inform players that console version is just rubbish...

Besides the lags and crashes there's still bigger problem called trading. Why in the world this game don't even have option "sort by price" ?? Market is filled by thousands of sh*ts, mainly without the price and this is the worst thing I ever seen. People are throwing whole stuff to "public" stashes and some of them don't even want to sell those items. THIS IS DISASTER...

I'm also wondering why we can open trade market only in town and hideout... this is just another stupid idea especially with those loading times.
"
Jiff69 wrote:
I’m glad the game was released in general on Xbox, I even went out and bought an ssd drive and an Xbox one x because it made my gaming experience better.

How do you like it with your SSD? What one do you have? Have you played PoE on your X1X without an SSD and have something to compare the improvements to?

I just spent $100 on a Samsung T5 500gb SSD that will be here later this week. It had some of the best reviews from other Xboxers on Reddit for RDR2 and FH4.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
One of the best SSD'S you can buy Corrison. I've run them for years as an audio engineer and I can assure you recording audio is much more process heavy than an xbox. You will like it.

I just got my Elite in Monday and love it.
The idea that you should have to purchase an XB1X for any game is absurd. If the OG can't handle it with a very cost effective upgrade like an external SSD, then the game devs have let you down OP.

The X should be about making the game look better, not making it run acceptably.
Hello, man, you're not alone. I'm facing the same issues as you, watching game on xbox one x.

Videos of problems:

https://xboxclips.com/Marcelo%20Leibniz/b6a82e9c-2689-4385-b2f2-66a0bed42fe7/embed

https://xboxclips.com/Marcelo%20Leibniz/e51b85a2-c78b-452e-b036-c8c2cbad2e51/embed

https://xboxclips.com/Marcelo%20Leibniz/45f7556d-847e-48fa-ba27-0ef47ec24f17/embed

And the most indignant thing is that I've already posted my problem and GGG simply ignores them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info