When is this going to happen?...

Play hc. Problem solved.

Also upgrade your potato pc.
Last edited by CheLseAxGriNN on Jan 12, 2019, 2:47:25 AM
"
BasilWood wrote:
Log out in another town location other than Oriath and voila, problem solved.

Well, not really, considering any other Act town sometimes give me an "UNEXPECTED" disconnexion.

That's less frequent but that still happen.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Been asking for that since hideouts were announced. It's not happening. We have to live with that.

Agreed, dont think its gonna happened.
Sadly it tells new players about how the game is optimized. Its a double-edge sword.
Its exactly like those MMORPG (eg Perfect World), where in the town, its flooded with "SLOW MOTION fashion".

There is always alt solution, as long as one keeps thinking and get creative.

At least turn off the animation on others (in town only), and if someone would want to see the animated ones, can right-click on that players they want to see.
But then that a lot of work. since thats multiple layers of animation.

What to hack, maybe u can convince GGG implement multi-layers of animation.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
When you get an SSD.

Seriously, do it for the greater good. Trading with people who have PoE on HDD is just painful, cause it takes them 30 sec to load into my h/o which isn't even properly decorated >.>
Just getting SSD wont be enough. My friend has SSD but his GPU is very bad so he crashes sometimes as well.

The only solution: Good GPU + SSD.
"
Play hc. Problem solved.

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with my $3200 computer, thanks for the thought out reply, really brightened my day
"
TazeSaber wrote:
"
Play hc. Problem solved.

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with my $3200 computer, thanks for the thought out reply, really brightened my day

Well the problem is on your end though. I know I never have to restart poe for that reason. SSD makes your poe life easier and is pretty much mandatory these days.
"
golan4840 wrote:
They want you to log into Oriath and see someone with some crazy looking wings and think to yourself "holy shit I want those wings".

Logging into Oriath (or any crowded town) and seeing my resolution quality immediately drop down such that it is pixilated and crappy looking and thinking to myself "holy shit all these cosmetics is killing my framerates" and then glad I saved my money and didn't buy that performance killing bling.

Edit:
This is with a Geforce 1060 AMP! GPU (6 GB vram) and a 3.5 GHz Intel i7 (4C8T) cpu with 8 GB ram running on Windows 7 Pro with none of the performance draining Meltdown or Spectre OS kernel patches so I have a very lean mean gaming machine to play PoE on. My latency to WDC realm is typically in the 40 to 50 ms time so my Internet is better than most so can't blame this on a shitty ISP. I'd hate to have any lower performance gpu to play PoE on. This game really is dog shit in the graphics performance dept.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 13, 2019, 7:26:18 AM
I have a2 as my choice of town to log in to. Apart from a6/9/10, the towns are smooth to login.
"
I have a2 as my choice of town to log in to. Apart from a6/9/10, the towns are smooth to login.

Obviously logging out from a less used town means coming back into that same town and with fewer other exiles the graphics quality will stay high but that shows just how poor PoE is with multi-player.

As the OP asked it would be better for GGG to let us log straight into our hideout and just skip the towns.

It is dumb thinking from GGG that they'd like us to party play but then can't deliver the performance necessary to party play. GGG also wants us to do more trading but then fails to deliver a working in-game trade function. And then we should all buy more bling cosmetics and make this worse? What a way to run a gaming company.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info