Why is it free ?

Money money money... ;)
"
Trippy wrote:
I wouldn't play this game if it costed 40 dollars. Not in this day and age, when there is a million and one games to play, especially with the impending influx of diablolikes being released.

And who is to say they are better? This game definitely looks better than Grim Dawn, and it COULD rival Torchlight 2 and perhaps Diablo III, that said I will withold judgement until I play all of them.
I just read an article that said the Age of Conan more than doubled it's revenue since it went F2P. It works.
After listening to the Diablo podcast and listening to Chris talk about the ethical item shop, it makes me want to support this game monetarily. It really sounds like they put the players first.
"
NaveedLife wrote:

And who is to say they are better? This game definitely looks better than Grim Dawn, and it COULD rival Torchlight 2 and perhaps Diablo III, that said I will withold judgement until I play all of them.

But you didn't withhold judgement when proclaiming it is better than grim dawn (which you haven't played).

Anyways, your cheerleading of POE doesn't address my point,
Personally I wouldn't pay for a DC, especially so "close" to the release of D3.
"
drama4yomama wrote:

Heroes of Newerth is a perfect example of failed one-time-payment system with free-to-play aspects. Recently, they revamped their whole business model into just Cash Shop ideals.

What scares me and concerns me is that I hope GGG will not do the same things as S2 did with HoN.

S2 introduced Early Access, which ended up with Pay for Power. New heroes are overpowered and people can buy them and use them in competetive games - Matchmaking.

And the reason why I'm concered is that, S2 was really awesome and communicated with their customers in the same way Chris does.

Almost Open development, responding to posts and everything. They promissed that the only thing they'll sell cosmetics, and all that non-gameplay affecting stuff.

But then came Early Access.Pay for Power.
Some say it's a defence mechanism to keep themselves alive from dying - since they have strong competetors.

Just saying. I hope GGG won't turn their shop in to Diablo Auction house thing. Even if they're promissing and everything.
I'm slightly sceptical, but still trust them enough to buy some things to support their developemt once the game is out. You'll see.

And ads? Goddomit what the hell are you injecting yourself with, people...? Ad-supported games are bloody annoying.
40 bucks for a game online is over-kill tbh, but 10-20 is reasonable.
"
Trippy wrote:
"
NaveedLife wrote:

But you didn't withhold judgement when proclaiming it is better than grim dawn (which you haven't played).

Anyways, your cheerleading of POE doesn't address my point,

Reading comprehension o:
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
I wouldn't mind paying $10/$20 bucks for this game. I'd prefer to keep money out of it after purchase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info