Yellow Elder spawn problem - Shaping T9 Elder map made guardians drop Shaper's orbs

Heya,

So I have an odd situation with a yellow Elder in Moon Temple.

My "The Memory Eater" quest line was and is still in "Complete any Elder-influenced tier 15 map" and I was truing to progress into a red Elder.

When I had made Sunken City 14 map, and got the T9 Shaper's orb as I had a yellow Elder spawned in T9 Moon Temple. After Sunken City I shaped Moon Temple into a T14 and suddenly the Elder guardians around got the circle around them and was able to drop the Shaper's orbs before finishing the quest line and in a yellow map, but shaped one.

So I went and killed all the guardians and got the orbs (8,9,9,10).

After this I noticed that I can't spawn the Elder in any way. First I tried to do a normal rare Moon Temple, and I could only normally fight the boss.

After that I tried to do Moon Temple as a shaped T14 map, no effect. It felt like the map was still a normal Moon Temple even if it told that monster lvl was 81. Since the boss was as easy as in normal T9 and i seemed to get the same amount of experience in both maps T9 and T14.

After this I tried to unshape the map into a T9 normal Moon Temple, and it didn't work either. I got the orb back from Zana and haven't used it yet.

Elder is still inside Moon Temple and i can't get to him in any way.

So I quess that I have to despawn Elder now? I can't get any other idea now. And I pretty much guess that it isn't supposed to work like this.

If it is supposed to work like this I would be a bit surprised, since it goes ahead of the questline. It was nice to get the orb's fast, but the Elder is stuck and I still want and need to look to complete a T15 map and a red Elder.

Thanks if you had patience to read it all!

Related pictures:

Last bumped on Jan 9, 2019, 6:29:42 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Diku wrote:
Heya,

So I have an odd situation with a yellow Elder in Moon Temple.

My "The Memory Eater" quest line was and is still in "Complete any Elder-influenced tier 15 map" and I was truing to progress into a red Elder.

When I had made Sunken City 14 map, and got the T9 Shaper's orb as I had a yellow Elder spawned in T9 Moon Temple. After Sunken City I shaped Moon Temple into a T14 and suddenly the Elder guardians around got the circle around them and was able to drop the Shaper's orbs before finishing the quest line and in a yellow map, but shaped one.

So I went and killed all the guardians and got the orbs (8,9,9,10).

After this I noticed that I can't spawn the Elder in any way. First I tried to do a normal rare Moon Temple, and I could only normally fight the boss.

After that I tried to do Moon Temple as a shaped T14 map, no effect. It felt like the map was still a normal Moon Temple even if it told that monster lvl was 81. Since the boss was as easy as in normal T9 and i seemed to get the same amount of experience in both maps T9 and T14.

After this I tried to unshape the map into a T9 normal Moon Temple, and it didn't work either. I got the orb back from Zana and haven't used it yet.

Elder is still inside Moon Temple and i can't get to him in any way.

So I quess that I have to despawn Elder now? I can't get any other idea now. And I pretty much guess that it isn't supposed to work like this.

If it is supposed to work like this I would be a bit surprised, since it goes ahead of the questline. It was nice to get the orb's fast, but the Elder is stuck and I still want and need to look to complete a T15 map and a red Elder.

Thanks if you had patience to read it all!

Related pictures:

In your 2nd image you still need to kill one of your Guardian's (on Shaped Shore I believe). The symbol for the Guardian is also yellow so it could be easy to miss.
Since this map is Shaped, you will need to run it Shaped in order to remove it from the Atlas.
If you don't run the map Shaped then you will still encounter the Guardian, however it won't be removed from your Atlas.

I hope this helps.
Ah, yeah you are totally right!

The blue circle around the Purifier went away and I got the Shaper's orb from the boss fight. And didn't notice it still stayed on the atlas even thought I got the orb...

Now I went and killed Purifier in a Shaped Shore map, and he left the Elder alone into my atlas.

I didn't get the last Shaper's orb from Elder after he died and also have to still complete a T15 elder influenced map. Which seems that it works in that way as it probably should.

Thank you for your fast answer. My bad that I didn't notice that the Purifier didn't actually go away even thought it dropped the orb...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info