Have no fear, downtrodden public!

"
During the May 9, 2011 Activision-Blizzard conference call Mike Morhaime stated that the Diablo III beta would commence during the third quarter of 2011, and that internal testing had already been underway for a week[3]. Bashiok further clarified the timeframe[4]:

The 3rd quarter reference in the earning's call today was a calendar quarter, meaning that we're aiming to launch the Diablo III beta between July 1st and September 30th. Keep in mind that it's our current goal, and of course that can change as development continues.

They can handle mass wave invites,
By the time you get a Beta key for PoE, D3 beta should (hopefully) be running.
Last edited by Overpower on Aug 13, 2011, 1:53:00 PM
k
Knowing Blizzard, I wouldn't count on them launching on time.
You have more chance of winning the lottery at this point than getting into PoE beta, really D3 looks closer
they can handle mass invites, but the pool is probably around 20 million people. so i'm pretty sure that your chances are still higher for a path of exile key.
Last edited by empirelaw on Aug 13, 2011, 2:01:24 PM
"
drama4yomama wrote:
Knowing Blizzard, I wouldn't count on them launching on time.

2 things,
1. When has Blizzard never produced after announcement?
2. When has Blizzard ever released anything but an amazing game - well worth waiting for.
:( I want to play both games, but I still feel PoE is closer since I'll probably get an invite eventually :(...
"
empirelaw wrote:
they can handle mass invites, but the pool is probably around 20 million people...
During SC2 beta I had 4 unused keys left AFTER giving some away to my friends who didn't get one.

Diablo® III™ Beta Test – Invite a Friend

Congratulations! This is an additional invitation to the beta test for Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo® III™ for you to share with a friend! You are receiving this email because you are currently participating in the Diablo III beta test, and we want to encourage you to test out some of the social features of the revamped Battle.net® online-gaming service by inviting one of your friends to play with you. This email contains your additional beta key for you to send to a friend, along with instructions to help your friend get started.

This key can only be used once to upgrade a Battle.net account to participate in the beta test, and while we encourage you to share this key with someone you know, it must not be traded or sold.

Once your friend has joined the beta test, be sure to add him or her as a Real ID friend by opening your friends list in the bottom-right corner of the Battle.net interface and selecting Add Friend. Enter your friend's Battle.net email address in the Real ID Friend field that pops up, and then send your request. Once your friend accepts the request, you’ll be able to communicate more easily, quickly join parties together for some games, and more.

So what are you waiting for? Send this beta test invitation below to your lucky friend and start playing some exciting team games!

Beta Test Invitation:

As a beta test participant, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the multiplayer gameplay of Diablo III: and explore the social-networking, matchmaking, and other new features of Blizzard Entertainment’s revamped Battle.net® online-gaming service. Throughout the StarCraft II beta test, you’ll be able to take part in cooperative and competitive battles as the terrans, protoss, and zerg -- and at the same time, you’ll be helping test the stability of the Battle.net service and fine-tune the game balance prior to launch. The developers look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing you on Battle.net!

Getting Started:

In order to participate in the beta test, you must have an active Battle.net account. If you don’t have a Battle.net account, visit www.battle.net to create one. Note that you are required to accept the Battle.net Terms of Use before you can create a Battle.net account and install the Diablo III beta client.

Below is a beta key that will allow you to upgrade your Battle.net account to participate in the Diablo III beta test.

PFMFWD-F8YC-VNWVJZ-B2PB-[erased]

MY6P6M-XVGD-VVVK9R-RNVT-[erased]

PLEASE NOTE: Each beta key can be used only once, so please make sure you are upgrading the Battle.net account you wish to use to play the Diablo III beta. Once claimed, your beta key cannot be transferred to another Battle.net account.

1. Apply Your Beta Key - Log in to your Battle.net account. Under "Manage My Games," click "Add or Upgrade a Game." Enter the above beta key in the "Enter Game Key" field and select "Add Game."

2. Get the Installer - In your list of games, click the “Manage Game” button under the Diablo III beta image to download the installer.
I hate Blizzard and I hate Diablo 3 so this thread is moot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info