For the love of god, FIX MOVEMENT SKILLS

Shield charge and whirling blades are practically unplayable with the level of rubber-banding going on. Trust me, it's not my internet. I run ping tests and don't drop packets. Everyone I know whose ever ran whirling blades on xbox wanted to kill themselves with the sheer amount of rubber banding going on with that skill. Shield charge is garbage too, but not nearly to the extent of whirling blades.

I feel like making a montage saying "Feel like playing PoE on xbox? Check out this video!". I'm sure people would love to see this awesome build that utilizes whirling blades as the main movement skill and rubber banding like crazy and dying all the time because the server and the client don't sync up for shit.

This has been an issue for how long and zero resolution? Not even so much as a response from staff members on an ETA or what's being done? I so badly want to like PoE on xbox, but you guys are making it INCREDIBLY difficult.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 9:02:28 AM
So it seems that there is a network related technical limit on how far/fast one can move, and only certain movement skills allow a character to exceed that limit (and the quality of your internet connection can affect things too). Introducing/increasing lags and cool downs to some skills could make them less likely to allow a character to exceed the "limit". But who wants that? Perhaps we are just experiencing the consequences of free choice* - as opposed to being safe in a nanny-state like game? Isn't the core issue that GGG feels some players will "cheat" if they ease up on the anti-manipulation aspects of their network? Are they wrong? And yes, there is a problem - but only a major network rework will materially help.

* and GGG revels in allowing players to make bad choices - and subsequently paying for their errors and their poor judgement (and their bad luck too)
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
LOLUBAD wrote:

This has been an issue for how long and zero resolution?

Since day 1, with no acknowledgment about a fix or even say they are looking into it. Any nice build I see that uses WB is just ignored now.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"
LOLUBAD wrote:

This has been an issue for how long and zero resolution?

Since day 1, with no acknowledgment about a fix or even say they are looking into it. Any nice build I see that uses WB is just ignored now.

This league I decided to roll howa. Poured about 30 ex into the build. God tier items for the build. I got all the way through leveling it, only to get to maps and finally begin the build, only to realize how fucking cancerous whirling blades is. Thanks GGG, now I have to scrap this amazing build because you guys are incompetent and unable to fix skills that are crucial to builds.

How can GGG not be looking at the xbox forums and think to themselves "jesus christ, we need to get our shit together before everyone leaves and stops supporting us".
I told you people years ago that all GGG cares about is how much money they can get idiots to throw at them, you chose not to listen.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Lol good luck with that, it’s not a micro transaction. Not getting fixed.
This game is very much unplayable with the amount of lag and rubber banding that happens on the Xbox. Thankfully I don’t run hardcore!
It's certainly not ideal, but I don't think you can say "entirely" unplayable. It plays more or less fine during the campaign, and some skills are more rubber-bandy then others (like Whirling Blades is terrible, but Flame Dash is more or less fine) so adjustments can be made to make your experience better.

It only really becomes a problem toward the end-game where the penalty for dying moves from "annoying" to "abusive". You can lose an entire level's worth of experience in a matter of 15 minutes due to the rubber-banding, and at high levels that experience takes a LONG time to recover.

For myself, I've pretty much decided that I'm either LEVELING or PLAYING. If I'm LEVELING, I won't open strongboxes, fight bosses, do essence fights, do a map above tier 6, or do anything remotely risky. If I'm PLAYING, I'll do all of those things but I'll only do it when I have 0 experience into a new level.

This isn't really the type of distinction a person should have to make to play the game, but it is what it is. My other option would be to play on PC but honestly I've already bought my stash tabs and such and since you can't transition away from XBOX and keep your purchases (which, to be honest, seems kind of wrong-headed) and I like being able to play in 4K I'm somewhat stuck.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the PS4 version. If the console versions share a code-base, the XBOX might get fixes when the PS4 gets them (and maybe they'll be more serious about PS4 support). If they are entirely separate animals, though, then I would guess the status quo will continue.
It's all good. I've accepted the fact that GGG doesn't give a single fuck about xbox and will not put in any effort to actually fix the game.

Now I'm just going to create content to warn people about this broken ass game and how staff doesn't even acknowledge players request for them to fix the game and improve it.

Can't wait to make my montage of uber lab crashes, rubber banding movement skills, cancer ass trade board, and the list of 100 people who actually play this garbage.
Whirling Blade is inconsistent on PC too. You should try Phase Run. I use it on every non Intelligence based build I do now. You can even link it with an Increased Duration gem if you don't get frenzy charges.
Last edited by Dezus on Jan 21, 2019, 5:10:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info