graphic card chose for PoE

Helo Girls and Boiiiiz. I'm gonna upgrade my PC to play PoE on ULTRA graphic without a fart. i have two pretender's to take a throne in my motherbord.

I chceck out bottlenec calculator and both have great synergy with my core so the last question is what card from this two have better tehnology to boost up the graphic engine of the Path of Exile

time to introduce our player's:

In green corner:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB GDDR5 (192 Bit) 2xDVI-D, HDMI, DP, BOX (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)

In red corner:

Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+, 8GB GDDR5 (256 Bit), DVI-D, 2x HDMI, 2x DP (11265-01-20G)

Who will be better??
Last edited by RocketDragon on Jan 6, 2019, 3:32:45 AM
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2019, 4:13:30 PM
Both cards are very similar. I think it's consensus that Nvidia runs PoE a bit better but I haven't tried AMD in quite a while so dunno.

If you have a Freesync monitor I'd still pick AMD over Nvidia tho.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 6, 2019, 10:27:31 AM
I have tried something other than Nvidia for POE and I HATED it, returned it and got what I wanted. The difference in the graphics and lag was substantial even though they were comparable in price and supposedly performance. I will stick to Nvidia for all my computers for now on and I really enjoy the GEForce software for updating and stuff, it's easy to use. I'm computer stupid so easy to use is important to me.

Let's be honest, I play other games occasionally but if my computer won't give me good performance on my absolute favorite game addiction then to me, it's completely useless.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

The graphic card is not the most important here, what you need is mostly a good:

Joke aside, i would go without a doubt for Nvdia card as usual, at least they just burn, and won't explode.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 6, 2019, 5:38:31 PM
This just in, from next week on Nvidia supports Freesync displays (with some caveats tho). So my comment about Freesync above is invalid. Buy Nvidia if you're mainly gonna play PoE.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I have only played PoE on Nvidia cards, but I've not had any problems and always hear whining about lag etc, so maybe go for the Nvidia card. That said, I have 1080 Ti, so its a pretty high tier one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Well some coincidences i guess i got punished by the previous gif i posted above, was relaxing with my CoC build yesterday and suddently got a black screen.
With some additional research after restart ( and because it's the third video card that die in few years ) i ran a little furmark test, ended that card jumped from 30 to 95°C in less than 3 mins, wich is almost impossible regarding the cooling setup i'm using. And then tested the card on another computer to confirm my doubts ( it was hope actualy :'( ).

I changed thermal paste and cleaned fans without much hopes tho, and no result after that soo yeah hope the guarantee work ( usualy it often end with a deal with it ).

Not implying here that PoE is the responsible, i have enough activities on this computer that can be really heavy for components, but yeah, rip 980.

I call it a league :)
Hf :)
What is the rest of your PC?

PoE feels more CPU intensive. I doubled my framerates with a CPU upgrade.

I went from a I5 2500k, to a Ryzen 2600 and went from 30-70 fps to 140+ fps.

My GPU is a 970gtx, so pretty similar to a 1060.

I only ask because you may or may not see the kind of improvements you want if your CPU is an older one like mine, and spending 250 bucks on a cheap cpu/mobo upgrade might be worth it, too, while you are upgrading if PoE Ultra is your goal.

"
RocketDragon wrote:
Helo Girls and Boiiiiz. I'm gonna upgrade my PC to play PoE on ULTRA graphic without a fart. i have two pretender's to take a throne in my motherbord.

I chceck out bottlenec calculator and both have great synergy with my core so the last question is what card from this two have better tehnology to boost up the graphic engine of the Path of Exile

time to introduce our player's:

In green corner:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB GDDR5 (192 Bit) 2xDVI-D, HDMI, DP, BOX (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)

In red corner:

Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+, 8GB GDDR5 (256 Bit), DVI-D, 2x HDMI, 2x DP (11265-01-20G)

Who will be better??

Always choose nvidia geforce...

Difficult to explain...

Most gamers will choose nvidia...

Go with majority if u wan less problems...
34pre98qua
Top of the line, then double it. This software will melt whatever you throw at it. GLHF, exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info