GGG are "Wallet Watchers"

I love this game, I play it more than any other game ive ever bought. I started last season and GLADLY spent 600 to 800 dollars on tabs and skins, even though im on xbox and people say its much better on pc cuz the pc gamers get most of the fixes and attention and the skins can cause crashes on xbox… but idc I buy them cuz theyre cool looking art and it helps a group of ppl who made the best game the world will ever see, plus they changed the industry forever! so many companys adopting GGGs buissiness model when everyone told them they couldn't do it! their true entapreneurs and pilgrims and I along with hudreds of thousands of people are grateful, I only wish that they keep the game going until im dead at least as I enjoy this game forever! 12/10 game, SUPER AFFORDABLE, and extremely loyal company to their patrons! keep up your good work GGG and enjoy the fruits of your labor!!
Ok, Prettypanther. You know what? I see where this is going here.
Seriously, we players who does buy MTX do it because we in fact do want it. Not because we HAVE to do/buy it.

Quite a few of us agree with the fact that much of the MTX IS quite steep, but we still buy things that we actually want to have, and skip the ones we see too steep to get. We who does play this game also find it enjoyable and very entertaining that each and every 3 months there are a new League or Expansion or whatever you want to actually call it, and we also get patches and Hotfixes quite a few times I tell you within every new League. That means there are Developers working on it. And making new Leagues and throwing out patches and fixes does take time, it costs work, resources and money. In fact more money then many people actually care to think over, and are aware of.

Do you think Software is cheap? How about maintenance of everything? Do you think Developers wants to and bothers to work for F´ng free? And besides, how many Developers do you think are actually working in this title alone, each and every darn single month? 10-15? 100? 175? And you seriously think all these guys and gals wanna work their asses off for free?

And many other things in fact I do not mention here.

Yes, I too wished that a pair of Wings should cost 180 Pts instead of a whopping darn 320 Pts. In fact they would clearly sell more Wings likely, but overall, I´m ok with it. Because I buy those Wings I WANT. Not the ones GGG WANTS me to buy. And when all comes to all. If you don´t want to buy anything, then quite simply don´t. Just leave it.

But to go to the Official Xbox Club and start ranting and yelling and all kind of things I can only imagine of what you may did, makes me begin to understand why you actually got kicked from the Club altogether.

I too am against all this in many a game in-game Microtransactions thing, and I´ve seen & read about horrible and unnecessary things, and when some Companies charges you a so-called Microtransaction fee as they call it and charges me, say... $50 for something that´s not even near worth that (should be more like $20), and just the fact just having it present for purchase in fact just pisses me off, and other more people are even pissed off more then even I am.
Anyway, if you Prettypanther still moving and pushing on with this here, I actually just wish to see a GGG Moderator come in here, take this thread and... .

Other then that, take care.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975034/page/1#p14796549

If this is the "Xbox Club" you are refaring to ... it is a 100% PLAYER MADE/DRIVEN and PRIVATE something!! Not even Microsoft "officiel" or in any way related to GGG.

No freaking idear why people want to be in such a "Club" at all. Join this forum or if you realy have to use other sources go to reddit.

Go mail the owner of this "Club".

The smartest is to use https://www.pathofexile.com/forum ONLY and exclusive!! As this is for sure the ONLY madia GGG as 100% control over.

But well, I hate all this extra forum here, super duper private there, and to top it 10001 more useless click-bait sites made by either 10 year old kidos which seak attantion or criminals which all just aim for one think: get your private data to exploid it or make profit out of them.
Last edited by Schakar on Jan 7, 2019, 6:37:46 PM
"
Kundarin wrote:
Ok, Prettypanther. You know what? I see where this is going here.
Seriously, we players who does buy MTX do it because we in fact do want it. Not because we HAVE to do/buy it.

Quite a few of us agree with the fact that much of the MTX IS quite steep, but we still buy things that we actually want to have, and skip the ones we see too steep to get. We who does play this game also find it enjoyable and very entertaining that each and every 3 months there are a new League or Expansion or whatever you want to actually call it, and we also get patches and Hotfixes quite a few times I tell you within every new League. That means there are Developers working on it. And making new Leagues and throwing out patches and fixes does take time, it costs work, resources and money. In fact more money then many people actually care to think over, and are aware of.

Do you think Software is cheap? How about maintenance of everything? Do you think Developers wants to and bothers to work for F´ng free? And besides, how many Developers do you think are actually working in this title alone, each and every darn single month? 10-15? 100? 175? And you seriously think all these guys and gals wanna work their asses off for free?

And many other things in fact I do not mention here.

Yes, I too wished that a pair of Wings should cost 180 Pts instead of a whopping darn 320 Pts. In fact they would clearly sell more Wings likely, but overall, I´m ok with it. Because I buy those Wings I WANT. Not the ones GGG WANTS me to buy. And when all comes to all. If you don´t want to buy anything, then quite simply don´t. Just leave it.

But to go to the Official Xbox Club and start ranting and yelling and all kind of things I can only imagine of what you may did, makes me begin to understand why you actually got kicked from the Club altogether.

I too am against all this in many a game in-game Microtransactions thing, and I´ve seen & read about horrible and unnecessary things, and when some Companies charges you a so-called Microtransaction fee as they call it and charges me, say... $50 for something that´s not even near worth that (should be more like $20), and just the fact just having it present for purchase in fact just pisses me off, and other more people are even pissed off more then even I am.
Anyway, if you Prettypanther still moving and pushing on with this here, I actually just wish to see a GGG Moderator come in here, take this thread and... .

Other then that, take care.
[Removed by Support Dork]If you don't like the subject matter being discussed or don't like my opinion DON'T READ IT! A FREE game with a retarded pricing model doesn't make anything "enjoyable", or right, all it does is show the extent of this developer's greed, and how stupid they think us gamers are!
Last edited by PrettyPanther on Jan 8, 2019, 12:47:06 AM
"
Completed 16 ChallengesMesostelZe wrote:
I'm someone who early on in the game's development dropped $1000 on it -- not because of any microtransactions, but rather because I liked the idea of a quality ARPG that anyone can play for free, on a competitively-level playing field regardless of money spent.

I think of the microtransactions as just being a way that GGG thanks their patrons. As such, the "price point" doesn't really bother me too much. If you'd rather not spend your money helping Path of Exile succeed, you're still free to play it all you want -- from most people's perspective, that's pretty good value.

But GGG are far from greedy. They set up their monetisation strategy in such a way that they could focus on making the best game they could for the long-time players. If the game simply cost $60 up-front, they would have little incentive to make something that people would want to play for thousands of hours. Instead, the focus would be on getting the widest audience possible rather than trying to keep their existing audience satisfied. This would (and has, in other games) likely result in a much shallower experience that focused on ease of consumption, rather than on mechanical depth and complex interacting systems.

The existing playerbase of PoE includes many people who continue putting money toward the game and effectively are funding the development of new content out of their collective pockets. This is who GGG is really looking to get money from: players who have some extra cash to throw around and want to see them make more of this game. In exchange, you also get some stuff that doesn't hugely affect the way the game plays, but might add some additional convenience, or make your character look pretty... but the main thing you get is the continued development of the game itself, free for everyone to enjoy.

Over the past several years, GGG have repeatedly and continuously proven to their patrons that they're capable of making the kind of game that we'd like to see, and giving us value for our dollars. They keep putting out lots of great content on a regular basis, and have given patrons and non-patrons alike often hundreds or even thousands of hours of entertainment exploring this ever expanding world.

As an aside, I would say that I think it's about time they reconsidered the number of initial stash tabs, given the way that different sorts of items have proliferated in the game, and there's many more things you might want to collect than when they decided on the original amount of initial stash space. Giving everyone one additional premium stash tab to start with would perhaps be nice at this point, and it would remove any question about the additional ease of trade using premium tabs being "pay to win" (which is debatable given the software which exists to manage forum shops). But I know that many players manage to get by just fine in a totally free-to-play way, or more often spending only a small amount of money (the normal price of a game, for instance) and getting a few tabs.
Oh they're greedy, the amount of work that's done on this game is minimal, and you only need to play it see the proof, the ONLY thing that gets GGG's undivided attention is the STORE! ...period
Last edited by PrettyPanther on Jan 7, 2019, 8:37:23 PM
If you're not happy with the pricing, simply stop buying micros. They're not a prerequisite to you playing the game.
"
PrettyPanther wrote:
Oh they're greedy, the amount of work that's done on this game is minimal, and you only need to play it see the proof, the ONLY thing that gets GGG's undivided attention is the STORE! ...period


You are right. At the moment the work is minimal as most of them had HOLIDAYS over Christmess and New Year after month of hard work!

And you know what? It's their right to have holidays!
"
Completed 6 ChallengesSelfish wrote:
If you're not happy with the pricing, simply stop buying micros. They're not a prerequisite to you playing the game.
Why should i stop something i've never started ...you have comprehension issues?
Last edited by PrettyPanther on Jan 7, 2019, 9:20:14 PM
"
Completed 16 ChallengesMesostelZe wrote:
I'm not being paid by them -- as I said, financially, more than $1k has gone in the other direction. Pretty sure that's the opposite of a shill. I have played the game for probably as many hours as I've paid dollars for it though, which is decent value.

As I pretty much said before, if you don't want to pay, then just don't!
I don't take orders from people like you ...sorry [not]
I am absolutely amazed the the ridiculousness of this entire thread. And don't tell me that if I disagree with you I am wrong, I have been playing this game for years, in and out for months, which says nothing in on itself, but at least shows I have played AND paid for micros of my own free will because I LIKE the game.

Have you ever seen a free-to-play game that had no micro-transactions? Damn, look at all those fancy mobile games coming out, I wonder how they are able to develop updates, the games are free right? Well OMG they sell boosts, in-game tokens, all that jazz to keep the game going! But wait there is more! GGG does it purely for cosmetics so if you WANT TO LOOK COOLER YOU CAN FOR A PRICE THAT IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL!

You must be the pretty snowflake who thinks that your opinion is the only one that matters and that you are always right. Well booo hooo, guess what, the game is FREE-TO-PLAY! You can play the game as is with no handicap for free! And they update existing ingame armor with new models and textures, so even a complete free-to-play player can look awesome.

Nobody is holding your hands and forcing you to pay for micro-transactions, they are OPTIONAL! Don't like the prices, don't pay for them, don't buy them, play casually. You are just flaming because you are pissed. We don't need fortnite warriors here, go play your childish games that cost 10 times more in micro-transactions.

Ciao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info