Can we please get a response from GGG?!?!?!?!

I have seen a multitude of threads regarding the constant and debilitating crashes that have been occurring since this league has been live, yet I have seen little to no response from GGG in regards to when a fix can be expected or if one is even in the works. It seems as if the only time a bug for the Xbox is addressed is when it also affects the PC platform as well. Otherwise GGG is content to ignore the issue, which gives the Xbox community a feeling that they are of almost no importance to GGG.

Currently I have found the Northern Forest in Act 2 to be completely inaccessible. Every attempt to enter the zone results in a crash. I have tried rebooting my Xbox, deleting and reinstalling POE, and selecting a different instance in case the first instance was corrupted. None of these has fixed the error, and I am still unable to progress past the Vaal Ruins.

This is not the only report of such occurrences, and yet when looking through the threads in regards to other similar issues, GGG is silent on the matter. For those of us who have spent money supporting the game on Xbox One, this is not only a slap in the face, but a sign that GGG cares little about the Xbox One community, seeing us as more of a quick money grab than something worth their time and effort to care about. Yet a little communication on the part of GGG would go a long way to healing the ever growing rift between them and the community at alar
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2019, 12:43:13 PM
They need to fix it or they are gonna lose their Xbox players.
the problem is, our community is soooooo small. frankly im just glad to play this game on the only platform I own, xbox1. But, being that theres only about 150 to 200 active players all over the world on xbox, it really is impossible and implausible to address the issues :( I wish there were more xbox users of this game
What makes you think it is only around 200 Xbox players and even worldwide at that too?

And of you who is having trouble even just entering that place of yours in Act 2, then that is and may be unique to just you. Because that is not a problem for me.

But I also do believe that some of the issues lies in what kind of connection(s) you have yourself at times too.
Because many issues I have read about have never been any issue for me or other players. Am not saying I have never had some issues regarding my Connectiion, but it has been very, very few. At least when I am taking into account on how many hours I´ve been playing Path of Exile.

For all I know, it could be a issue with the equipment of some people are using. Maybe there´s a glitch in their Xbox.
So for GGG is not doing anything regarding this "issue" I can understand, because it is not an issue of all players of the Xbox.
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
the problem is, our community is soooooo small. frankly im just glad to play this game on the only platform I own, xbox1. But, being that theres only about 150 to 200 active players all over the world on xbox, it really is impossible and implausible to address the issues :( I wish there were more xbox users of this game

There are over 2000 characters over level 85 in regular Betrayal league alone according to the leaderboards on Xbox. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2264080 You have to download the csv to see them all. You can estimate the average player makes 3 characters per league, which still puts you at 3x what you stated, and those are only the ones over 85.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Kundarin wrote:
For all I know, it could be a issue with the equipment of some people are using. Maybe there´s a glitch in their Xbox.
So for GGG is not doing anything regarding this "issue" I can understand, because it is not an issue of all players of the Xbox.

If it were an isolated case or two, then this would be a valid point and something to consider. However, the issue is far to widespread across both classic Xbox One consoles and Xbox One X consoles as well. At the very least one would expect GGG to post some sort of reply to the effect that they have investigated and found x y and z to be true. It's the absolute silence on what appears to be a systemic issue that is the most frustrating.
"
Nervis_Wreck wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

If it were an isolated case or two, then this would be a valid point and something to consider. However, the issue is far to widespread across both classic Xbox One consoles and Xbox One X consoles as well. At the very least one would expect GGG to post some sort of reply to the effect that they have investigated and found x y and z to be true. It's the absolute silence on what appears to be a systemic issue that is the most frustrating.

I can to a certain degree understand you.

But think of this scenario:
let´s just say 12000 is playing path of Exile. Worldwide. 10000 of these players is experiencing some smaller and medium issues, maybe 1 or 2 bigger ones with their connection. This happens (let´s say) 12-15 times over a period of 8 months and playtime roughly around 700 hours. Now if 2000 of these players is having 500 hours played and something like 50 times of issues over the same period of time.
Surely 2000 of these people are gonna complain and or expressing issues and such. So therefore I also say. But what can GGG do about it? I mean, it can be those things I already said with Xboxes and equipment and all, but surely it can also be some of the servers around they are still using. Maybe even some have defect Routers or something. It could even be your internet provider that have given you some bad ass equipment too. Reasons can be many. Things like that needs to be looked into and checked.
"
Kundarin wrote:

I can to a certain degree understand you.

But think of this scenario:
let´s just say 12000 is playing path of Exile. Worldwide. 10000 of these players is experiencing some smaller and medium issues, maybe 1 or 2 bigger ones with their connection. This happens (let´s say) 12-15 times over a period of 8 months and playtime roughly around 700 hours. Now if 2000 of these players is having 500 hours played and something like 50 times of issues over the same period of time.
Surely 2000 of these people are gonna complain and or expressing issues and such. So therefore I also say. But what can GGG do about it? I mean, it can be those things I already said with Xboxes and equipment and all, but surely it can also be some of the servers around they are still using. Maybe even some have defect Routers or something. It could even be your internet provider that have given you some bad ass equipment too. Reasons can be many. Things like that needs to be looked into and checked.

I completely understand that those things need to be checked and evaluated on a multitude of fronts, and it might take time to narrow down the problem to the root cause. My question is would it be so hard for GGG to come out and officially say something to the effect of "Yes we know there is an issue. Yes we are looking into it." and then keep the community apprised of the situation every couple days or so? It would show that they care about us as a community, and that they are willing to communicate with us. It is not really all that much to ask for.

Silence has killed the good will of many a company, and it was never how GGG operated until they sold to Tencent. Is this the new GGG that we can expect to see as time moves forward. Do they not need to care now that they no longer depend on players for their revenue solely?
lol.... honestly starting to think the issue is with impale and the new cold dmg over time . after taking my mtx's off I had 3 good days of gameplay, then I added that stupid dread banner and noticed a little while ago after 40 crashes that it might be the banner and impale mechanic clogging up the system... u guys having issues with any banners or impale?
"
Yuroj344 wrote:
lol.... honestly starting to think the issue is with impale and the new cold dmg over time . after taking my mtx's off I had 3 good days of gameplay, then I added that stupid dread banner and noticed a little while ago after 40 crashes that it might be the banner and impale mechanic clogging up the system... u guys having issues with any banners or impale?

I am not using banners or impale on the characters that I am experiencing crashes with. In fact the character I have had the fewest of issues with has been running the war banner, but no impale mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info