unique items drops

I have grown to have issue with the way in which certain unique items drop on high tier maps. So far ive opened about 7 unique chests and had about 1000 unique drops from level 80+ maps and ive noticed that all of these uniques are lvl 20 and below requirement uniques, with the exception of like 10, which were still bottom tier items. I feel like, if you get lucky enough to spawn a unique koams chest or other unique chest, you shouldn't allway's get kaoms ring which sells for 1 chaos despite everyone still knowing about loreweave; there should be a higher chance to get some items that are lvl 60+ from these unique chests and these unique drops on t13+ maps. Does anyone else feel like these unique drops are extremely lacking but with great potential to be altered in a way? I heard GGG say they wanted to make these unique drops more valuable and make the items more powerful, but they're all exactly the same still, frustrating, disappointing, and a waste of stash space, only good for the alch shards....
Last edited by Yuroj344 on Jan 2, 2019, 11:21:31 AM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2019, 11:33:26 PM
All unique rings sell for 3c on Xbox for me. Most uniques that drop are trash and you either ID and vendor for alchemy shards or just ignore. Side note that chests don't need to be legendary to drop Koam's Heart, got one early tthis league: https://xboxclips.com/Corrison/152a9121-9ad1-4cd1-9bad-069955993100
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
@corrison

I wasn't saying that rings cost less than 3 c typically, I was saying that kaoms ring ofton times can be found listed for 1 c because of how frequent they'll drop especially from the unique kaoms chest. this season I bought about 200 rings listed at 1 c despite everyone knowing about loreweave recipe. Also I wasn't saying that certain uniques only come from unique chests, ex. kaoms heart. I too found a kaoms heart this season from killing at white monster. The point of my message was that the amount of crap tier uniques dropping is too frequent, as the unique chests statistically have a better chance to drop a good unique, yet out of the many I and friends have opened, the amount of good uniques dropping is too low. I am saying that itd be nice to see these crappy uniques either buffed or buff the chance for better uniques to drop by a percnt or 2. I know the chances for good uniques to drop needs to be low, but I feel like a percent or two in our favor could make gameplay a little more exciting, don't get me wrong its already exciting, id just like a littttle more ya dig?
Last edited by Yuroj344 on Jan 2, 2019, 6:03:22 PM
Uniques are a crutch.

Unique items are meant to be less powerful overall than high-level rare items, but offer unique gameplay and allow special character builds to be based around them.

Currently, there are 884 released unique items, including maps and items with modifier variants.
Of these 884 only about 20% of these are used. And that number might even be too high even then.

I am lvl 86 and my build does not have 1 unique on it yet.
I am playing SSF. I have 3 stash tabs full of crap uniques.
lol gg 20%, I like playing marauders and melee units and use 2 handers... ive crafted a lot of 2 handers that were relly good, but even after spending 100 exalts in delve league I couldn't make a 2 hander stronger than disfavor... sure theres a lot out there and I am noob, but I haven't even seen one bettr… my armor and boots and gloves and rings are mostly allways crafted also obviously jewels... but again certain items just have uniques that are better than you can craft I feel
Here's an idea, take out the complete shit useless ones for a start. That will lessen the pool of what can drop. POE is rewarding but could it be a bit more rewarding? Yes. That is one of the reasons most people don't stick with this game.

FWIW I was thinking the same thing 2 nights ago OP. Just in general. When I checked time played on this game, it was 20d 6h 36m, that's since the last week of Delve. Still have to 6 link after thousands upon thousands of fusings. Some shit is just not rewarding enough.

"
PitBullDogs wrote:
Here's an idea, take out the complete shit useless ones for a start. That will lessen the pool of what can drop. POE is rewarding but could it be a bit more rewarding? Yes. That is one of the reasons most people don't stick with this game.

Some shit is just not rewarding enough.

AGREED @PITBULLDOGS
These types of reward system games hinge on the very release of dopamines we release when we hear those exhalts drop or high tier items. Chaching, reward! Keep playing so we can feel that release again. Nothing new here but I have a feeling that is why most people don't stick with this game. It's just not rewarding enough. I'm not saying its terrible but it could be tweaked some.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info