Number of arrows stuck in a wall needs fixed.

Currently it appears you can stick an unlimited number of arrows in / on to a wall and they do not de-spawn. When fighting a long drawn out battle, this causes there to be an unnecessarily absurd amout of arrows. Which in turn causes the game to lag extremely bad. Eventually it will crash the instance and Xbox to the dash board.

Had this happen multiple times today, of which was on a guardian map (rip 30c). Even got a clip loading of this stacked with unlimited minion spawns from a fortress crash.

https://xboxclips.com/Corrison/75132914-c232-4245-83ce-5bcd9bb79b9c

You see when that clip ended there? That's when I crashed to the dashboard, only to come back and see that all portals were gone since the instance crashed aswell. This wasn't even one of the longer battles I have been in, which produced many more arrows.

I am thinking you have 3 ways you could do this:

1. De-spawn after X seconds.
2. De-spawn after X number of arrows.
3. Don't let the arrows stick in the walls in the first place.

Tested again with no cosmetics of any kind, solo, no party chat. It had no different of an effect...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Dec 31, 2018, 10:57:25 AM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2019, 1:27:30 PM
my personal experience is that the lagspikes are not caused by the amount of arrows that get stuck in a wall..
though this could still be the case for the slower connections among us.

the fortification syndicate however, can produce some extreme lag spikes.. especially with all the smoke particles and unlimited monster spawn.

maybe it's the combination of both, which im not a 100% sure about.

are you using chain support on any arrow-projectile skill?
because my chained ice shot creates lag spikes too when encountering big groups and 1 shotting them.

barrage never was a problem..

it could be your connection depending on how much phones, pc's/laptop's, ipad, etc.. you have connected on your modem/router.

maybe some bad port forwarding or none at all ?

it could be your cable too.. i'm using a cat7e S/FTP cable with golden connectors.(about 10-15$ per 3-5 meter of cable) the S/FTP part is for blocking wifi signals that can penetrate your cable and interfere with your connection(s) (i've had this problem with older cables)

i'm using a 200mbps connection on a xbox one elite and i also have these lag spikes when encountering a fortification syndicate but never had lag spikes due to too many arrows sticking in a wall. (or at least not yet) not sure if people on xbox one X are experiencing this issue too.

everything is hardwired on my network, wifi completely shutdown and im only using 3 out of the 4 ports my modem/router has.

btw, the lag you're experiencing in the video you made..
it's never been that bad for me.

though i've noticed, if you're not able to 1shot packs of monsters
the amount of lag will ramp up drastically!!

hope this helps a bit to understand where the lagspikes are actually coming from.

Last edited by graass on Jan 10, 2019, 5:15:40 AM
"
graass wrote:

barrage never was a problem..

it could be your connection depending on how much phones, pc's/laptop's, ipad, etc.. you have connected on your modem/router.

12 devices total, never more than 5 on at a time. DMZ static IP set on Xbox, with priority Mac address filtering. +150 Mbs hardwired cat6. X1X.

No lag issues on any other game and only a few other chars on PoE. Barrage + GMP + LGoH + Wither + (elder gloves Faster attacks + poison). 5.7 APS with Quill rain. It really only happens if you are in the same area for extended amounts of time (more than 5 mins) or with other people.

I know the main issue in the video I provided is the syndicate stuff, but together it is completely unplayable. Switched to wand version with shield and dropped to 2.5 APS, not a single issue with FPS since, even around Forts... While it may be more related to APS, the visual clutter of so many arrows has got to have some impact on it also.

I OOM too fast with my buffs and HoA on, but I have turned those off with no mobs or players around me just shooting into a wall. It takes roughly 6.5 mins for it to start becoming laggy. With no MTX of any kind on it takes just over 7 mins.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
i would try shutting off 1 or 2 devices and see how that works..

unless you're an active streamer then you probably can't turn em off.

but the rest seems fine to me.

i usually only have my main pc and my xbox on..

i'm gonna try out your skill setup and see what happens for me.

Last edited by graass on Jan 11, 2019, 1:53:16 PM
"
graass wrote:
i would try shutting off 1 or 2 devices and see how that works..

unless you're an active streamer then you probably can't turn em off.

but the rest seems fine to me.

i usually only have my main pc and my xbox on..

i'm gonna try out your skill setup and see what happens for me.

Xbox

My pc, which I normally have a build on or my stream chat.

Main pc, that wife is normally streaming movies / tv from (could be a culprit but happens even when this one is off).

Both our phones.

I do have a separate dedicated router for my home security stuff, but it rarely connects to the internet for external backup.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
streaming movies always takes a lot of data.

a friend i used to play monster hunter world with got extreme lag on a 1000mb connection whenever his wife started streaming movies/netflix.

but you can't just say to your wife stop streaming i wan't to game LOL XD

anyway, he fixed the issue by buying a solid state drive and putting his games on the external harddrive to decrease load times and lag wherever it was possible.

i still have to do this for myself too btw.. but i'm not sure if it would decrease the fps drops for path of exile.

i hope it does because that would be an easy+quick fix untill GGG upgrades their servers.
Last edited by graass on Jan 11, 2019, 2:10:51 PM
so i tried out your skillset in my hideout too..
mine is pretty full of decos, but indeed about 5-7 minutes before it starts to get laggy because of the amount of arrows stuck in the wall.

it definitely is a part of what is creating the lag! a small part though.

despawning arrows when they hit a wall would be a great solution to this!

but they also need to dumb down the smoke particles a bit on fortifications.

the combination of the 2 is just overkill on your fps and a reason for it to crash the game.
"
graass wrote:
the combination of the 2 is just overkill on your fps and a reason for it to crash the game.

Yeah, it's pretty bad..

I decided to drop $100 on a 500gb external SSD that should be here next week. Hopefully this will improve things even more than the jump from OG xbox to X1X did. Will post an update about it probly next weekend.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
haha nice, for most games it really does!

i do hope it works for you and big parts of POE, so i know i'll have to get one too :P

can't wait to hear how much it did change for you.
"
graass wrote:

the fortification syndicate however, can produce some extreme lag spikes.. especially with all the smoke particles and unlimited monster spawn.

I think you may be onto something with the smoke particles also... Just had a large group of not Fort members with smoke on death and holy balls was it bad. Using my new golem build with 9 golems, and I thought I was going to crash soo many times.

https://xboxclips.com/Corrison/64d22900-2f2e-498d-8942-fb87c2529c9f

I like that you can see after it starts lagging bad and I run away that game game speeds up super fast. Then it struggles when I get close to the smoke again..
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info