Destroy the World with Armageddon

This is my first time creating a build guide, so bare with me and provide any tips you can to help me improve!

This build capitalizes on the new skills; Armageddon brand & brand recall. I was going to make a crit version, but once I saw the numbers I knew it was unnecessary. I took a couple pages from Mathil on improving it, and in time might even switch it to an energy shield build just to experiment.

I'm currently level 87, running any map (cannot regenerate NOT recommended), with 6.1k life and 25% chance to evade attacks.

How the build works
Spoiler
It's not really complicated. We grab all the +1 to maximum brands on the tree, so we can slam enemies with 5 brands. You wanna spawn them all in right away, then press your brand recall whenever you have it. This brings all brands to you, slams meteors where you recalled, then reattaches to enemies.

Important mods for this build are fire damage(Spell or elemental works) and cast speed. We don't use attack speed, it has no real effect to Brand skills. Cast speed not only helps you create brands faster, but also effects the frequency of the meteors.

We use elemental overload for the build, but we don't build crit in our Armageddon brand. We trigger overload by running orb of storms with increased critical strikes, and place it whenever we get the chance at enemies, because not only does it trigger EO, but we use support gems to reduce enemies fire resistance and increases fire damage, ignite chance and burning damage.

As stated before, I run this build with full evasion on all my gear. We don't grab any evasion nodes in the skilltree, nor armor for that matter, so either choice is up to you. I just like evasion because there's a chance of negating any damage, and even if I get hit I have the HP to endure it.

We use Carcass Jack because we can maximize damage and add range potential by throwing the gem "Concentrated Effect" with our setup. A lot of the variations of brand builds seem to maximize on ignite/shock and ailment support, but I prefer to add flat damage to the meteors, so we stack as much spell/fire damage as possible.

Gear
Spoiler
My gear (Endgame[ish])

First off, it's important to note that I chose to make this build a full evasion setup. This isn't required at all, in-fact it's probably recommended to build armor, I'm just a big fan of running evasion+life, I find it much easier, but it's all opinion!
It's important to note, if you go evasion it's VERY costly to get the gem colors. We only use a couple of green gems, the rest is red & blue, so you have to gamble with 2 blue/red rolls on the crafting machine over & over until you get it. It took me around 300 chromas to get it.
Helmet: Resistances and life. If you can find a good helmet for it, the enchants you'll want is either resist penetration or flat damage. Activation frequency isn't bad, but I feel like 8% frequency isn't worth in comparison. I went with elemental penetration.

Body Armor: Carcass Jack. Explained in how the build works, we use concentrated effect in our gem setup, then grab carcass jack to get that area of effect back, and then some while maintaining over +50% more damage. I got a 6 link right away, but you can go 5 link and take out either immolate or faster casting.

Gloves: Resistances and life! If you can afford it, get something with cast speed, DO NOT spend the extra currency on attack speed, it does nothing. I got a pretty good deal on my gloves that I consider endgame, with cast speed/projectile damage(Gripped gloves) and a moderate amount of life.

Boots: Typical boot setup, movement speed with res and life. If you can't afford it, don't go for 30% movement speed, settle for 20 and focus on your life and resistances.

Weapon: FIRE DAMAGE + CAST SPEED. I'm using a wand with 95% fire damage + 22% spell damage, and 20% cast speed. I see a lot of people using staves or scepters, it's all up to you.

Offhand: I use a spirit shield. I grabbed it for extra life and resists, with some spell damage (75% on mine) and mana regen to keep it relevant. If you can afford it, cast speed goes well on it as well. If you don't need or don't want the extra life/resistances, dual wield using the weapon example, or a two-hander (staff)

Amulet: Spell/fire damage, cast speed, life.

Rings: Life, resist, elemental damage and if you can afford it; cast speed.

Belt: Stygian if you can afford it, but either way you want life, resists, and elemental damage. If you can fit fire damage & elemental damage, that's awesome!

Jewels: With four slots open, I'm running % maximum life & fire damage primarily. try to go for 6% maximum life (7% if you can afford), and 14% fire damage (16% optimal). From there, find other stats you can take advantage of. For example, I have cast speed, projectile damage/speed, and an important one; ignite/burning damage. Same thing with the jewel for your stygian; # life, fire damage, then anything else.

Flasks: Wise oak is the only unique I'm using for now. As for the life flask, I use increased recovery with bleed immune. From there I use a silver with movement speed and +duration, a quicksilver with freeze immune, and a mana potion with 99% evasion during flask. You don't need a mana flask for the build, you can use any evasion flask in its place, I just like the mod and the comfort of having it available.

Ascendancy, Bandits
Spoiler
Elementalist: Shaper of Desolation + Beacon of Ruin + Pendulum of Destruction + Paragon of Calamity. You can use Mastermind of Discord if you'd like, or even the Elemancer tree instead of Calamity, but Calamity helps map clearing and sustainability, while adding in quite a bit of damage and survival options.

Bandits: Kill all, the skill points are way too important not to take. By level 90 everything is a perfect fit (as you'll see in my skill tree)

Skilltree

Gem Setup
Spoiler
(Primary)Armageddon Brand: Armageddon brand + Concentrated effect + Immolate + Combustion + Controlled Destruction + Faster Casting

(Weapon 1) Summon lightning golem + Flame dash + Faster casting

(Weapon 2/offhand) Brand recall + Empower + Arcane Surge

(4 socket) Cast when damage taken (level 7) + Immortal Call (level 7) + Increased Duration + Vaal Grace (Note: We don't use Grace, only the vaal activation for those tough bosses and syndicated, or anywhere you need it!)

(4 socket) Orb of storms + Increased critical strikes + Combustion + Unbound Ailments

(4 socket) Blasphemy + Warlords mark + Herald of Ash + Portal

Leveling
Spoiler
Standard elementalist leveling, grab arc ASAP and use it until about level 50, then you can start using brands if you wish.

If the build gets any popularity, I'll post videos. Currently level 87, but leveling FAST (I made the build a couple days ago). I did my uber lab at level 72, so the damage is definitely there (Just don't let Izaro hit you!). This is easily one of the best builds I've ever worked on though, and it's a lot of fun, and the skill feels so good.
Last edited by L1ttleRabbit on Dec 24, 2018, 10:21:38 AM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2018, 10:03:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info