At my wit's end with Syndicate one-shots

I too would like to know, since you apparently know what you are doing (or so you claim)
lol.. the guy clears a T15 map and claims the Syndicate is ok...

With that few challenges done, it seems like he must have not been grinding maps and instead just buys them. So hasn't run many maps to experience the ripiness that can and will occur at some point.

Here's something you might not know. The one-shots don't happen all the time in every map and with every syndicate member. If you play enough it will happen guaranteed at some point no matter your defenses.

Go check on reddit the veteran HC streamers getting one-shot with over 6k life and barely being able to see how it happened when they replay the video on slow-mo.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Dec 17, 2018, 4:22:28 PM
...riiight.

the only map i ever cleared was that guy's t15. you got me. /s
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
lol.. they guy clears a T15 map and claims the Syndicate is ok...

With that few challenges done, it seems like he must have not been grinding maps and instead just buys them. So hasn't run many maps to experience the ripiness that can and will occur at some point.

Here's something you might not know. The one-shots don't happen all the time in every map and with every syndicate member. If you play enough it will happen guaranteed at some point no matter your defenses.

Go check on reddit the veteran HC streamers getting one-shot with over 6k life and barely being able to see how it happened when they replay the video on slow-mo.

I'm pretty sure oneshots are due to skills capable of dealing from 1.5-2k (T1) to 3-4k (T16) damage crits. Well, if all Syndicate members have just +50% to damage on crit it might be ok. But a map with increased crit damage would probably result in a oneshot.

While playing on maps with such modifiers is definitely not a wise choice, there are some other problems. Like being heavily hit from outside of screen when there is no clue for that. I saw that It-that-fled vid where I could understand that skill is used only when looking at the corner of the screen. There was no ground telegraph for that: you must look at It-that-fled! Which is weird becaise there are pretty many other soircss of danger as well.

By now the strat for me against them is deploy decoy totem, use movement skill until enemies are aggroed by the totem, use arc for a few times until totem is down and then use movement skill until I can repeat. This is not challenging as people might say. It is just a boring routine. So, I find battles with Syndicate on maps too lengthy, too boring and too risky.

BTW, labs are the least dangerous ones to me. I guess that's because masters are fighting me alone. So, I'm pretyy sure mob spawn rate on other encounters should be smaller.
"
robmafia wrote:
...riiight.

Just read the rest of my post and play a lot more. Come back to this thread when you get one-shot.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
lol.. the guy clears a T15 map and claims the Syndicate is ok...

He literally has more challenges done than you.
You also don't seem to have gone farther than lvl 72 in Betrayal so far.

Just saying ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...riiight.

Just read the rest of my post and play a lot more. Come back to this thread when you get one-shot.

Well, he might've show his Atlas. Anyway, he plays as a totemist and that is much simpler since most oneshots go to totems and not to him.

But this only shows that there is a huge problem in the balance. For example, non-summoner witch is quite a glass cannon against physical damage dealers.

What is wrong is not the difficulty (aside from visual problems and something like Tora's barrage insta-kill right after spawn) of Syndicate itself, I'd say, but how unbalanced it is to other content.

Anyway, there certainly are pro-guys to whom the content is not hard. They tell that in standard they are forced to pay for the private league to face a challenge. Well, otherwise non-pro-guys are forced to die and die in the areas they were not supposed to. Even Dark Souls has a "harder mode" for such people.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...riiight.

one-shots never happened in poe before syndicate encounters, apparently.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
I don't get what all the crying is about. GGG has given you new gear. Upgraded crafting. Lots more health and mana.

Syndicate encounters are not that hard... Its simple... move and use the terrain. You stop... You get hit. You die.

If my old ( almost to great grand father ) handicapped arse can do this any one should. You young pups should be eating this up.

If your builds not working think out of the box... Thats what poe is about. Build diversity.

filled out a bunch of red maps today and figured I would video them. Starts with a mugging on the beach ( the reef ) and ends with a trans port in the dark forest with lots of beyond adds.

good times

https://youtu.be/rDe2x6B5SNs

NS

For some people, like me. It really isn't that hard to get you their wits end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info