Update times

Does anyone else have really long update times on Steam? The downloading goes by normally but the part where preallocates space and installs take way longer. If this is a common issue does anybody now if the standalone client has the same issue? Thanks
Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong forum index
Last edited by Mccelobb on Dec 13, 2018, 10:28:58 AM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 5:00:00 PM
I have the same issue.

Whenever I see a..let's say 30mb update, i swear because i know, it will download the update in 2 minutes or so, but takes another 30 minutes to install it... every single time
What size floppy disks are you two using?
That has nothing to do with the size of the SSD or HDD, its a problem of the structure of the game.

This isn't a new problem. Closed beta supporter, and this problem has been around for years, even in the stand alone launcher
GGG - Why you no?
steam keeps a backup copy of the resource file, it's surely a problem for hdd users.

also, the resource file got substantially bigger over time ;)
Latest patch took over 1h30 to complete on Steam, of which the download itself was under 3 minutes. Why so slow, you? Steam is bad but POE is particularly horrible. I know, potato laptop doesn't help *sigh*
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I can't put into words what a stupid troll you are
"
Bisrob wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I can't put into words what a stupid troll you are

Put into numbers

P.S. the issue are within' both, GGG's file structure AND "how STEAM handles patching of the archives"
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
It's just how it is with Steam updates. I've come to grips with it because I'm too lazy to install the stand alone client again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info