New to Witch: Highest single target DPS?

I've only played 1 season and really only played 1 char. It was a tanky AOE build. With the friends I play with now I'm looking to try something different. I'm hoping to find a high single target dps witch, decently tanky and around the 5-15 ex range. Any thoughts ?
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 1:17:32 PM
Zombies
Still play SSF on my main account :)
"
BasilWood wrote:
Zombies

Is there a way to tell them who to attack? My concern is you are facing a boss and there is a bunch of other enemies. The zombies would be spreading out their dps?
You can control their attention, mostly, by clicking (or attacking, or casting a spell) where you want them to go.
- here's my sig
I find using SRS helps with the Zombie's focus.
I have also used Arc/Vaal Arc too.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The highest Witch single target is by far and away Zombies plus Skeletons with Umbilicus, Baron, and potion abuse (10 million+ dps), but in nasty encounters both you and the pets are squishy. Moreso the pets because you have insane leech and regen, but you have mid tier EHP. If the Zombies start going down, you're toast. And there in lies the issue. Any Zombies outside of Montre'guls just get murdered when it really counts if there aren't stages involved so that you can DPS race to the stage change before the boss deletes your squad.

And this was pre-Betrayal.

Now the Betrayal bosses outright ignore your minions and often delete them out of existence merely as a side thought while they are chasing you.

The meta has changed. You really need solid defense, leech, and kiting skills or you're basically f***ed. And even then....

Playing without leech right now adds a MASSIVE increase to the difficulty. Vaal Pact feels almost mandatory TBH.

"
Malbidion wrote:
The highest Witch single target is by far and away Zombies plus Skeletons with Umbilicus, Baron, and potion abuse (10 million+ dps), but in nasty encounters both you and the pets are squishy. Moreso the pets because you have insane leech and regen, but you have mid tier EHP. If the Zombies start going down, you're toast. And there in lies the issue. Any Zombies outside of Montre'guls just get murdered when it really counts if there aren't stages involved so that you can DPS race to the stage change before the boss deletes your squad.

And this was pre-Betrayal.

Now the Betrayal bosses outright ignore your minions and often delete them out of existence merely as a side thought while they are chasing you.

The meta has changed. You really need solid defense, leech, and kiting skills or you're basically f***ed. And even then....

Playing without leech right now adds a MASSIVE increase to the difficulty. Vaal Pact feels almost mandatory TBH.

Thank you. Extremely insightful.
Skeletons/Zombies with that passive where they get benefits from your shield along with the shield that gives allies charges after kills has to be one of the most fun playstyles in the game.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Anything with fire seems best for so single target, Arc for aoe and faster clears but fire skills wrek so single target. Go elementalist brands. Brands are waaaaaaay more fun then minions and you got flamethrower for bosses
Last edited by yudhehvavheh on Dec 13, 2018, 9:21:17 AM
There are plenty of extremely high single target builds that can sustain with VP leech and very easily reach 10-12k ES pools. Whispering Ice builds for example.

Oh, and about that 5-15ex range, try 5-15 chaos. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info