Rolling my first HC Char, any advice on my build?

Here is my passive tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVCBVsRLRRNFm8ZLhmFGjIaOB0UJKon7SycNuk62DwFPV9BlkNjRtdNQU3YT31QUFFgUlNUSVWuVcZYY1j1WfNaa18_YG1irGZPZp5wfXFNfIOAVoFJgW-DOIuMjHaMz45kjr6PRpBVl5WX9JrPnYCdxJ48n9-hbaIApwinhKmVrKqus7I4tvq3MbiTud28ecAaxtjN-s9l0NDUj9ad4XPjaudS6XPsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI96b60v3P

So far I've been using Ice Nova (I was never rich enough in D2 to make a proper Nova Sorc) exclusively with Raise Zombie for help when needed. I plan to ditch the Zombies when I get a good single-target spell like Ice Spear, and a good totem. Ice Nova is great for clearing rooms but not for killing unique mobs.

I totaled it up and I have +191% to Life, is that going to be enough? To back up my health pool I will have high natural elemental resists with boosted maximums, high armor and energy shield +% bonus, and a shield boosted by that nice shield node cluster with spell block.

I worried that the added damage isn't enough even though everyone says build for defense first.
I'm starting from scratch with this build and I don't know how to trade yet (although I probably should, RNG hit me with a unique amulet in the Fetid Pool). Am I going to hit a wall without good gear after a certain point? I was thinking the natural ele resist would help because I can prioritize other stats and not worry if I can't roll resists to survive.

Any critiques or corrections to my build logic are welcome, I'm still a beginner at this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info