PC crashing and restarting while on PoE.

Since 3.5 I've randomly been having my PC completely crash and restart while on PoE but seems to happen only while playing with a friend of mine. It seems to been random when it happens. Sometimes we play for a hour or two no problem ad sometimes it'll happen twice in like 10 minutes. It only happened once on league launch day but today several times now.

I first thought it might be a PC problem but it's only happened on PoE and only while leveling with my buddy. Another friend that plays had a crash exactly how my crashes, just black screens out of no where, no error, no lag, just black screen crash > into PC restart. He said it happened to him when it logged for the first time for this league and changed his Shadow settings to high and instantly crash. My shadow settings are on low, so not really any direct connection but thought I would share the info in case it helps.

For me specifically, I have updated vid card today, monitor heat of my CPU (I guess that might be the problem) but the CPU is running fine. Tried to turn off Engine Multithreading, read that could be the problem, but didn't help either. I read to try putting the game on DirectX 9, auto has it on DirectX 11, but I haven't tried that yet.

So, any advice? I find it strange PoE would be causing this, I'm not computer person, but it seems to be the only constant variable with the crashes so far.

Oh PC info(can provide more info if needed): Windows 7, Intel i5-4590, 3.30 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 960, 16 Gb RAM.

Thanks for any help.
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2019, 5:47:06 AM
I have been having that same issue.

I have been getting a BSD every couple hours when playing the game.

Doesn't look at though my GPU is overheating as the highest I have seen it get is 70 degrees Celsius.

I am playing a Molten Strike build in Act 8 now.

My computer is:
i5-6600K @ 3.5GHz
16Gb Ram
Nvidia 1070 8Gb
I am also having the same issue.

Did not have this issue pre patch 3.5

I have tested on many games and none give this problem.

Computer Setup
i7-4770k 3.5GHz
64GB of Ram
evga GTX Titan
Try altering the screen resolution by trial and error.

POE can make your pc hang, changing screen res can re4solve this.
out of my monitors normal resolution?

i had it crash on both my resolutions

1920x1080 and 2560×1440 should i drop it futher down?
I have tried changing my resolution, have tried changing some of my other settings. Such as multi threading and ambient occlusion.

Still running into the same issue. Getting a BSD intermittently while playing.

I can play Witcher 3 on the highest settings. ESO, BDO, Deus EX:MD, Civ 6 all of them for any amount of time with no issues.

I have installed multiple programs to monitor my hardware, and have not seen anything getting too hot.

I am not sure what is going on, but have only started running into this issue since the 3.5 release.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
same here !
Same problem...PC just shuts down. Most times I'm just in my hideout or a town. Never happened prior to path 3.5. Only happens while POE is running.
changing resolutions to much smaller and going to full/window or any other setup does not seem to matter.

My computer crashes upon starting poe, only in DX11, but when I run the game in DX9 there is no crash. This just started happening yesterday, I had no problems through the launch of betrayal. And I definitely never had this problem before. Any other games run fine, all my temps are cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info