Skill Button Management

So with a new, interesting sounding League almost upon us, I find my thoughts turning not to new League content, but rather to if managing my skill buttons is going to be more tedious or not (spoiler alert: since it includes Delve content, less tedious seems out of the picture). With this in mind, two proposals follow.

There have already been several posts requesting that skills (typically auras) be togglealbe within the skills menu. That is, one could turn their skills on and off from the skills menu without having to play with their button bindings. (And several replies saying not in our lifetime but hey, one more time into the breach.)

I'm not sure how often this second idea has come up before, but I would also like the option to lock down my skill button bindings so that
(a) they are not affected if I enter the Delve and then leave (yes they can be overwritten by flare and dynamite while in the Delve, but they are faithfully restored when I leave), and
(b) they are not affected by equipment shuffling, particularly weapon swap.
This might be as simple as adding a "automatic skill button assignment y/n" option (with the extension that a button assignment to a particular skill gem remains in place even if the gem is not equipped - you would have to reassign the button to effect a change).

So far, I have used my second set of weapons exclusively to bake quality into skill gems but I realize that some players may actually have things like portal, or movement skills there and hence the "optional" part.

I have noticed that some things can be done in town without messing up your skills (that if done where skills are active like your hideout, will mess things up).

I presume that the annoyance of trigger only skills getting auto assigned to a button would also become history.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2018, 7:10:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info