Calculating Effective life total.......

So ive been doing some math to see if Blood Magic Gems would allow me to have my mana for reserving auras and i want some one to help me double check my work to make sure this is accurate:

Life calculation: Life = 44 + (0.5 X strength) + (6 x Level) + (passives and gear that give flat life) x (1 + % of passives) (in this case you get 1 8% life passive and it becomes 1.08, not sure how this would be represented on a mathematical formula)

so looking at my passive tree summary (before gear and this is full build using all points as an example) i have:

350 Strength(+ 175 life)
+ 100 levels(600 life)
+ 60 life(from passives)
= 835 life before % bonuses
219% increased maximum life

so..... i have 1828.65 life.........

this means that life % is added multiplicatively(as in per % node not as a whole, so 8% of 100 life makes it 108 life, and if we get another 10% node as an example it would be 10% of 108 instead?) because ive seen people with much more life than that total. And if thats the case, is it multiplied as the nodes are aquired? How does this affect life from gear if so, or from Oaks addition?
It does affect Life from gear and also Oak's bonus. You can have up to 300% Increased maximum life and you can easily have 400-500 + flat life from gear. So maximum life = 1200 + 3*1200 = 4800.
"
Tarngold wrote:
[...]
this means that life % is added multiplicatively(as in per % node not as a whole, so 8% of 100 life makes it 108 life, and if we get another 10% node as an example it would be 10% of 108 instead?) because ive seen people with much more life than that total. And if thats the case, is it multiplied as the nodes are aquired? How does this affect life from gear if so, or from Oaks addition?

No.

If something says increased it will be added to every other increased mod before it is applied. If something says more it will be multiplied as is.

Example: increased fire damage, increased elemental damage, increased spell damage will all be added to each other before being applied to a fire spell.

So all N% increased maximum life nodes are added together then applied to your modified base value.

Getting Oak's reward and HP mods on equipment makes up for most of the difference.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Last edited by AnnanFay on Mar 5, 2013, 1:47:21 PM
"
JesusVII wrote:
It does affect Life from gear and also Oak's bonus. You can have up to 300% Increased maximum life and you can easily have 400-500 + flat life from gear. So maximum life = 1200 + 3*1200 = 4800.

You can have more than 300%
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
"
JesusVII wrote:

You can't go much above that without turning into a walking beef cake. I would consider 300% a bit too high even for HC.

By picking up every life node on the planner I got to 771% increased maximum life, though that uses 185 points.
Last edited by AnnanFay on Mar 5, 2013, 1:50:57 PM
"
AnnanFay wrote:
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
"
JesusVII wrote:

You can't go much above that without turning into a walking beef cake. I would consider 300% a bit too high even for HC.

By picking up every life node on the planner I got to 771% increased maximum life, though that uses 185 points.

You said you can have up to 300% which implies that is the most you can get. I was simply correcting your false statement. Another false statement you made is if you go above 300% you turn into a walking beef cake. Also not true. Keep spreading false sentiments.
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
[...]

You said you can have up to 300% which implies that is the most you can get. I was simply correcting your false statement. Another false statement you made is if you go above 300% you turn into a walking beef cake. Also not true. Keep spreading false sentiments.

True, that term was badly used, lmao. I actually didn't know it's precise definition because I've only heard other people use it to refer to hulk-like people.

However, it was not me who said you can have 300% at most! So stop spreading falsities
Last edited by AnnanFay on Mar 5, 2013, 2:09:06 PM
"
AnnanFay wrote:
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
[...]

True, that term was badly used, lmao. I actually didn't know it's precise definition because I've only heard other people use it to refer to hulk-like people.

However, it was not me who said you can have 300% at most! So stop spreading falsities

"You can have up to 300% maximum life"

Sure sounds like you did.
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
"
AnnanFay wrote:
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
[...]

"You can have up to 300% maximum life"

Sure sounds like you did.

The Quote you are looking for is:

"
JesusVII wrote:

Your reply was:

"
jonnyj03 wrote:
"
JesusVII wrote:

Last edited by AnnanFay on Mar 5, 2013, 2:22:02 PM
"
JesusVII wrote:

ok, thats what i was missing, so if its 219% added to 839 life it actually = 2676.41 before gear, which doesnt seem like much since ive seen people with upwards of 6000hp so how are people getting up that high, and this is before Kaom's Heart.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info