Best Class for RF?

What's the best class for a RF build for a non-noob? I have over 500hrs played, I have just never used RF but I want to, but I also want to do good and not kill my self with it. I know most of the classes can have viable RF builds, but idk what class I should do.
Last edited by Nightmare509 on Nov 20, 2018, 7:02:40 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 6:19:30 AM
There are three very efficient and successful ascendancy choices that I know of and/or played:

Jugggernaut - Very tanky, especially against physical damage which makes uber lab farming with very little investment a joke. Okay to good clear speed. Can do uber elder somewhat reliable/deathless. Gear is somewhat expensive but still manageable.

Guardian - Extremely tanky. With ok to good gear you will have 10-13k ES and about 40-60k armour. Slow clear speed. This is a boss killer, its hard to mess up. Core gear is only expensive in the first two weeks of a league since it requires uniques which only drop from elder guardians and shaper. I'm talking here about the LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian.

Trickster - More of a faster but still very tanky mapper, not good for uber elder but can do T16 bosses reliable. Relatively easy to gear all around the league.

There are other choices but those are the top three from the builds I know of.
Last edited by TheVoid on Nov 20, 2018, 7:40:27 AM
Thx I'll try that Guardian one when Betrayal starts.
"
Nightmare509 wrote:

This build is very hard to gear in a fresh league, I do not recommend it.

I did start out in Delve with it and it was very hard to come by in the first couple of days.
Last edited by TheVoid on Nov 20, 2018, 7:46:56 AM
"
TheVoid wrote:
There are three very efficient and successful ascendancy choices that I know of and/or played:

Jugggernaut - Very tanky, especially against physical damage which makes uber lab farming with very little investment a joke. Okay to good clear speed. Can do uber elder somewhat reliable/deathless. Gear is somewhat expensive but still manageable.

Guardian - Extremely tanky. With ok to good gear you will have 10-13k ES and about 40-60k armour. Slow clear speed. This is a boss killer, its hard to mess up. Core gear is only expensive in the first two weeks of a league since it requires uniques which only drop from elder guardians and shaper. I'm talking here about the LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian.

Trickster - More of a faster but still very tanky mapper, not good for uber elder but can do T16 bosses reliable. Relatively easy to gear all around the league.

Juggernaut is a nobrainer Tier 1 build for sure. That said I want to add my favorite to that list a life & str based Chieftain. You end up with about 12 - 13k life (without legacy kaoms), the tankyness is good and the clearspeed is okay but the endgame gear isn't cheap.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
TheVoid wrote:
"
Nightmare509 wrote:

This build is very hard to gear in a fresh league, I do not recommend it.

I did start out in Delve with it and it was very hard to come by in the first couple of days.
Is the Jugg one fine to do in a fresh league? thx
"
TheVoid wrote:

Which one of these is the best league starter? The Trickster? I'm looking for something that's a beefcake/doesn't die as easily as an arc witch for example.
Juggernaut is the best league starter due to better access of life regeneration nodes, I believe.

Trickster probably has better damage scaling options and Guardian has the highest ceiling, but requires significant investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info