Be careful when you trade people.

Just got scammed by IDontSpammer on HCladder. We agreed upon 2 gcps + 1 chaos for a gmp. He put it in then cancelled the trade and asked for more i refused we traded again and me and my stupidity i pressed accept without checking the gem he put in closely, it was an lmp.
The conversation that fallowed with him trying to get the lmp off me as well:

Making this post so more people don't get scammed by opportunists like this. I certainly learned my lesson and lost a lot of trust.
Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.
"
Cirvis wrote:
Making this post so more people don't get scammed by opportunists like this. I certainly learned my lesson and lost a lot of trust.

Hmm, yea I usually take 2-3 seconds before hitting accept because of how other trade systems in previous games screwed me over. Verifying the trade has just been automatic for me now it seems.
IGN: Mibuwolf
LOL, you have a trade system that FORCES you to check the item before you can even hit accept and you got scammed ? How dumb are you
"
khometmibro wrote:
LOL, you have a trade system that FORCES you to check the item before you can even hit accept and you got scammed ? How dumb are you

Rude. Immature. Troll?
Hmm maybe the "mouseover" verification should be changed so you have to mouse over each for at least 3 seconds.
Lol just kidding, that would suck.
But seriously, this is the oldest trick in the book, and there's really not much more that can be done to prevent it without seriously interfering with normal trades.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
mibuwolf wrote:
"
khometmibro wrote:

Rude. Immature. Troll?

He's right. The system is set up specifically to prevent scamming. He neglected to check the items he was trading for, it's his fault entirely.
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Mar 5, 2013, 11:12:08 AM
"
skinnay wrote:
"
mibuwolf wrote:
"
khometmibro wrote:

Rude. Immature. Troll?

He's right. The system is set up specifically to prevent scamming. He neglected to check the items he was trading for, it's his fault entirely.

OP already stated that. Calling someone dumb and rubbing in the fact he got scammed is just immature and rude.
I don't think slavery is illegal in Wraeclast, you don't need to be careful.
lol
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Come on this story is soooo old. People will try this again. I dont even get upset anymore if someone tries this. And its so easy to prevent. Perhaps everybody has to get tricked every now and then, because everytime you learn something. You can be lucky that you didnt loose much currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info