Update stash features (+server)

Tl;dr at the end, a little bit of story at the beginning.

With the new expansion coming up and maybe a boom in playerbase (I for sure will be coming back and play a lot for the remaining days I have on land), wouldn't it be better to "ease up" a little bit on the stash features?

What I mean is, when I started PoE, I noticed right away that storage management would be a pain in the ass, I'd probably have to create multiple accounts just to hold loot if I were ever to remain "F2P" and active, I'm not a "master" when it comes to games of this genre, I played Diablo just for the lore and after beating...Diablo...I stopped playing comepletely, but here it's different, the content is truly "Neverending" and the amount of loot, be it either currency or gear is enormous, and for that reason, I think it would be more "friendly" to do some changes in the stash.

-----------
1- Make the currency stash "free":

Wow wow wow, hold up, this stash is probably one of the reasons GGG gets some funding, the currency stash is really important, and this is why it should be "free"...with a limiter or at least increase with challenges completed at the current league.

Instead of telling the exiles to separate a tab of their storage to drop their currency, give the currency tab with a limiter (Ex: Around 100 alchemy) and put a button to allow it to be upgraded, in this case, unlimited as usual.

I believe this would be a great way to promote the currency stash tab AND help out some F2P players, making it easier to craft and manage some resources, specially some unusual ones such as fragments and rarer currency.

The way it would be promoted would be through the button in the stash, giving a "warning" when stash limit is reached and by actually being there.

2- Make at least one of the stash tab premium

This way players will have acess to the "market" and more items may circulate, also increasing player to player interaction, if not possible, even a single "mini tab" with this feature would be good enough.

I know I said player to player interaction but it's usually:

"buy your X for Y"
"K"
"Thanks bye"

But believe me when I say this, most of my "fun" memories are from some trades, it also makes tuning up your hideout meaningful, I even remember one worthy being called as "Piety's hideout" from the amount of details in it.

3- Prepare for the expansion, expand your servers

When I used to play, I'd often have problems with the servers, I believe upgrading it with the expansion will be helpful, specially if the number of players increase due to this being one hell of an expansion that is coming.

As for now, those 2 "upgrades" would be amazing, I'm no pro in the marketing area but I believe it would also benefit sales of at least currency tabs, as for the server upgrade, do it at least for the beginning, if the playerbase didn't increase that much or reduced a lot after the expansion, go back to normal, but when I played I'd often have server problems.

Tl;dr: Make a "freebie" and mini version of currency and premium stash tab so that F2P players may have a taste of those features and decide if they'll want to get more or stay with the limiter. Also upgrading server capacities expecting more players to join/comeback after this expansion.

Sorry for any mistakes in english or wrong information of the game, I never managed to accomplish "End game" content (never had 6L) so I might be saying some stupid stuffs, but this also helps my point of view, if someone "average" like me thinks this way, someone who starts right around expansion may think even more things to make the game more appealing.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2018, 3:31:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think the "taste" thing is already in the game. You are encouraged to buy more tabs the more you wish to hoard. If you do not want to be selective in what you keep, you need to buy more tabs. I have over 100. I don't need more than 10 I would guess, but I decided to support the game, and my proclivity to hoard worthless uniques.
Indeed, but they have no idea what a currency tab is unless they watch streamers and/or actually search for it, having this "freebie" currency tab would lure attention and also act as a more "freebie" friendly game.

I myself have bought some tabs already, not a problem for me.
"
3- Prepare for the expansion, expand your servers

When I used to play, I'd often have problems with the servers, I believe upgrading it with the expansion will be helpful, specially if the number of players increase due to this being one hell of an expansion that is coming.

Would you look at that and the 18k users in queue...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info