Essence Drain & Contagion = PERFECT!

I'm using Blight because I wanted to try a Channelling skill for a change.

ED+Contagion gets used when I can't stand still or there are annoying ranged enemies. Or bosses, which get all three at once.
"
Frostride wrote:
It doesn't kill bosses fast, yes, but its extremely safe.

Couldn't you say similar things about other playstyles too, though? Like a summoner, or a facetank? How about 4-totem Hierophant that can both clear and boss, safely and quickly? And then there's the ultra-DPS crowd who can clear the screen, boss and all, without they even become a threat...

Imo it gives you a taste of the "clear speed meta" without being "1-click-destroy-everything", so I find it hard to disagree with the OP's assessment that it is perfect, and not just because I'm emotionally invested (though I am, truth be told).

"
666lol666 wrote:
Hmmm, at lvl. 27 Ed & lvl. 22 Contagion things die fast enough so that you do not need any hindering at all and investing into two more jewels? No thank you! ^^ I do not even use temp chains or enfeeble anymore, the only aura that I use is despair because thanks to impresence it reserves no mana and so I have 100% unused mana for mom. That way I have almost 11k ehp.

Not a big fan of MoM, so I went with a lot of defensive mana reservers instead. With a 'complete' build I would have: Discipline, Arctic Armour, Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Despair and (low-level) Clarity. Needs a lot more work, especially in regards to total ES, but it worked well enough so far.

And we can't all have lvl 27 ED, but I'd sure like to know how you achieved that. :) Like I said, the build was far from complete the last time I played, so lots of room for improvement.

"
ciel289 wrote:
i didint notice until later this leauge that the new option to scale over minion dmg and the templar area was a gigantic buff to that setup (around 20% more dmg at level 90)
its easy to get a bone helmet no need for the enchant anymore

Huh. Interesting angle. Thanks, I'll probably investigate this at some point.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
Frostride wrote:

Couldn't you say similar things about other playstyles too, though? Like a summoner, or a facetank? How about 4-totem Hierophant that can both clear and boss, safely and quickly? And then there's the ultra-DPS crowd who can clear the screen, boss and all, without they even become a threat...

I don't know if those builds cost 5 chaos to make though.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"
NemoJr wrote:

Not a big fan of MoM, so I went with a lot of defensive mana reservers instead. With a 'complete' build I would have: Discipline, Arctic Armour, Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Despair and (low-level) Clarity. Needs a lot more work, especially in regards to total ES, but it worked well enough so far.

And we can't all have lvl 27 ED, but I'd sure like to know how you achieved that. :) Like I said, the build was far from complete the last time I played, so lots of room for improvement.

I don't think that mom is better or worse than defensive mana reservers for me it is just a matter of taste.

Well, lvl. 27 ED is quite easy to archieve all you need is a +3 staff or chest (+1 to all gems and +2 to duration or projektile gems for example I use a shadowstitch) a level 21 ED gem and a lvl. 3 empower. Once you are willing to invest in a lvl. 4 empower gem you'll have lvl. 28 ED. Right now the only reason why I don't buy that lvl. 4 empower gem is because I need every single exalt to buy things that I believe will become legacy with 3.5. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 20, 2018, 7:11:38 AM
"
666lol666 wrote:
Well, lvl. 27 ED is quite easy to archieve all you need is a +3 staff or chest (+1 to all gems and +2 to duration or projektile gems for example I use a shadowstitch) a level 21 ED gem and a lvl. 3 empower. Once you are willing to invest in a lvl. 4 empower gem you'll have lvl. 28 ED.

Ah, I see. I considered using a staff at some point (mainly for the extra 6-link), but wasn't willing to give up on shield defenses. That could change in the future.

"
Frostride wrote:
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
Frostride wrote:

I was under the impression that, other than the 'ultra-DPS' one, they were all quite affordable. Is this not the case?

Besides, I doubt the setup 666lol666 just described would be that cheap. imho, this only supports the "it's good, and gets better with investment" argument. Something all builds should aspire to be like. :)

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
Well, lvl. 27 ED is quite easy to archieve all you need is a +3 staff or chest (+1 to all gems and +2 to duration or projektile gems for example I use a shadowstitch) a level 21 ED gem and a lvl. 3 empower. Once you are willing to invest in a lvl. 4 empower gem you'll have lvl. 28 ED.

Ah, I see. I considered using a staff at some point (mainly for the extra 6-link), but wasn't willing to give up on shield defenses. That could change in the future.

"
Frostride wrote:

I was under the impression that, other than the 'ultra-DPS' one, they were all quite affordable. Is this not the case?

Besides, I doubt the setup 666lol666 just described would be that cheap. imho, this only supports the "it's good, and gets better with investment" argument. Something all builds should aspire to be like. :)

the "only" blight version is rather cheap to get going,it only needs the gloves. any spelldmg rare cann fill the weapon slot for the start.
the goves only give you a 5link yes but the skill is level 22 (like with a level 2 empower 6 link)

another good thing with this build is,that is has enough room to grow with good uniqs that are a bit more expensive. (elder despair amulet and breath of the council for aoe + duration bonus)
you can get the jewel(s) as quest reward so you get 1 yourself and the other one is kinda cheap or just rush a 2nd charr to act 5 (even without gear it doesnt take long if you know what you are doing)
all other items are rares and dont need stuff like ele dmg or crit on them so they are easy to find or buy if you want to.

the last uniq i would aim for is Cherrubim's Maleficence it has a ok life roll (if you go a life based version) and a good chaos dmg boost. with it i might be a bit harder to max resi though.

i have beaten shaper and red elder with good rares ,breath of the council and the gloves (no uniq chest or elder amulet)
the dps isnt the best but its good enough for me to not fail even 1set
i dont runmany in sequenz though since its very doable but you have to dodge skillshots for some time.

the ed staff version (using a +2 chaos +1 level of gems 6link) is far superior in boss dmg and safty but its a lot more expensive and the cheaper uniq +2 chaos staff isnt used or sold by many as a 6link

a good shadowstich with the right colors is hard to get since it needs corrupted mods and changing socket colors can be very expensive
"
ciel289 wrote:

a good shadowstich with the right colors is hard to get since it needs corrupted mods and changing socket colors can be very expensive

It's really easy to get the right colors because it's str, dex & int based. I rolled a few this league and it only took me about 3-4 tries every time just use the "has at least 1 xxx socket" mod of the color you need the most sockets from. That way every roll only cost 4c & 4vaal and because we need all 3 colors it's really easy.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

It's really easy to get the right colors because it's str, dex & int based. I rolled a few this league and it only took me about 3-4 tries every time just use the "has at least 1 xxx socket" mod of the color you need the most sockets from. That way every roll only cost 4c & 4vaal and because we need all 3 colors it's really easy.

ofc you are rigth with that,but that needs level 8 vorici (atleast until next patch)
the bigger problem are the corrupted mods imo.
i never tryed obtaining a good shadowstich so i cant say for sure how hard it is.
i didnt do the math for it since i dont trade for rare items (only use rares i find/craft/gamble) and the idea to vaal those items to really profit from shadowstich didnt seem very appealing.

since i prefer a more SSF playstyle, using trade only for uniqitems i wanna try and currency conversion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info