the biggest weakness of POE is...?what stops you from playing POE!

2 things get me everytime....

1] When playing SSF there always seems to be a skill gem i can't buy from the vendor or a unique i need for the build i want to play.
I always loose interest playing something i don't want to play
just to get a gem for the character i do want to play.

2] I hate the trade system [even more now there's private leagues]& would play a ton more if it had a WoW style auction house.

I enjoy PoE & love the constant additions of content/leagues , but these 2 things always in some way cause me to go play other games.

My honest feedback take it or leave it...
I said it on more threads but here it cumulates so why not suggest it also there.

1. Very stereotyp mid-endgame. Well league content + special maps or areas. All of that requires some rare pieces or actually sulphite to enjoy it and break that stereotyp mapping.

2. There is NOTHING to farm on bosses anywhere until I play a build that requires specific item dropped etc from atziri.

3. Too much trade deppendency. Can´t imagine playing SSF as a casual player that plays 1-3 hours a day.

4. Once I reach level 93+- I loose reason to play because there is no gear progression - damage treshold already reached

5. Well death penalty is sad but i like some sort of it. But I got laggs a bit often to be able to level up while I keep doing enjoyable part of the game.

6. "Premium builds". Very sad when I would like to play any build as the game marketing SAID (like sweep CI) compared to BF 13 mil dps. Or any build failing only because of getting easily killed (while damage is no problem) compared to super tanky RF jugg (that I surprisingly enjoyed because of ability to survive many hits).
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Biggest weakness = Labyrinth

Absolutely agree, the only time I stopped playing PoE since Open Beta was because of Labyrinth. I came back in 3.0 when GGG reduced the loathsome Labyrinth content. Even with all the improvements made to PoE since Labyrinth was introduced, PoE is still not as good of a game as it was before that loathsome content was introduced.

For me Laby is one of the funniest parts of the game. I always start a league with cheap character focused on the Uber Lab runs.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Constantly having to manage inventory. No hotkey to dump the stuff like maps, currency, and any other of those specialty tabs in one go.
"
ZombieOtter wrote:
Constantly having to manage inventory. No hotkey to dump the stuff like maps, currency, and any other of those specialty tabs in one go.

That's a good one. You can multiply frustration by far more on standard league when you coming back after few leagues and you want to do some cleaning out activities. Try to vendor out your 5000+ jewelers. This sucks as hell.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Nov 19, 2018, 3:39:13 AM
"
_phlv_ wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Biggest weakness = Labyrinth

Absolutely agree, the only time I stopped playing PoE since Open Beta was because of Labyrinth. I came back in 3.0 when GGG reduced the loathsome Labyrinth content. Even with all the improvements made to PoE since Labyrinth was introduced, PoE is still not as good of a game as it was before that loathsome content was introduced.

For me Laby is one of the funniest parts of the game. I always start a league with cheap character focused on the Uber Lab runs.

Absolutely agree.

Also, what I like most about the Lab is the amount of controversy it generates annually while remaining completely unphased. A pillar of hope in an ocean of all-consuming flames.

It serves as an example to us all, showing us that despite all negativity, there can be fun, there can be challenge and it doesn't have to take the same shape we're used to.

You'd think Izaro has a monopoly on all the wisdom from the Lab, truth is, he's just been there long enough for its wisdom to rub off on him.

Thank you, Lab, for being the content you are. Lab is love, Lab is life. <3
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Played poe for a long time and from my experience, PoE's biggest issue is having to run all the 10 acts on every new character. Getting your hands on expencive stuff and making the perfect character that can do the stuff that other people can do with their version is challenging. If ggg were to allow private servers to make the game easier, apply all kinds of league and temp event mods as well as choosing the start point for making new characters as well as the levels, then that would surely give me the motivation to keep playing as i have gotten burnt out on the game. I also want something in game dedicated to me as a loyal fan, but that's no longer an option and will probably be way harder to make a fitting suggestion and get credited for it. Besides from all these things, PoE is next to perfect, it's just a shame i have gotten burnt out on it. I'm not very critical to what ggg does with their game, more critical to people who are critical... if that makes sense.
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Nov 19, 2018, 4:21:18 AM
xp penalty is the sole reason I'm not interested in this game anymore

second would be lack of any permanent mode worth playing (temp leagues are utterly outdated after 5 years of poe)

and the lack of ANY ui and qol improvements since beta. you still have to manually pick up every scroll and orb which leads to extreme hand strain, totally unacceptable
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Nov 19, 2018, 5:34:42 AM
Sometimes I quit it for weeks and play MMORPG and then come back. The only reason is because I feel alone in this game.

Because of map system I play less with people, also the loot system which is shared with everyone is bad, you should have your own loot that only you can see, but I understand it's more "RP" if everyone can see the drop. I dislike it anyway, it feels like other players in "your" map is stealing your drops.

I miss the old Dock farm, where players were playing together, that was fun to see each players build.

I guess I play less, it's because of the map system wich I hate, they could have done the same but with acts instead. The progression is suddenly stopped by a grind wall and when I finish the last act, I suddenly get bored...

And yes I'm waiting as well for lost ark because of its MMORPG aspect.

I still like poe, but for me it's more a singleplayer experience where people trade their loot.
Last edited by valbanil on Nov 19, 2018, 2:54:41 PM
"
Damac0101 wrote:
What is the biggest weakness of POE what stops you from playing it?

Today I watched Quin69(he is streaming Lost Ark with many POE streamers) and I agreed how uninteractive and barren Path of Exile combat system feels.

I think it's going to be biggest hit to POE community when Lost ARK going live for EU and NA regions.

agree
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info