Vitality gem - conception bug

hi

Vitality gem gives us 1.6 life regeneration per seconв nonetheless just any passive skill tree "warrior's blood" gives us 1.8 regeneraton per second. this is the same! How we can compare these two thing: - just "little" node and such of big value thing like 35% mana rerservtion ability.
Of course 35% mana reservation ability should give us much bigger life regeneration , for example, equals to 5% of life regeneration at least. We cant spend 35% of mana just for 1.6% of life regeneration - absurd.
There are people who rejects using vitality gem cos of little amount of percentage. And they are right.
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Nov 18, 2018, 8:55:34 AM
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Vitality has stuck in the stone age, there is no doubt about it.
I don't really like it either but ... according to poeninja, 13% of the players in Delve are using it, so it's not as bad as you think it is imo.

Now the watcher's eyes that can go with it is very strong, so there is definitely that, but you need to remember that it can also be used for minions, as an example (or as a pure support).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
I don't really like it either but ... according to poeninja, 13% of the players in Delve are using it, so it's not as bad as you think it is imo.

Now the watcher's eyes that can go with it is very strong, so there is definitely that, but you need to remember that it can also be used for minions, as an example (or as a pure support).

I didn't know some information you delivered.
I used vitality and was glad doing it deeming that it useful for my character until some expert proved me that percentage is extremely low. May be these 13% of the players in Delve behave like me meaning it is useful and being glad until...

just think - only 1 insignificant-passive-skill-tree node is better than whole vitality "system"
Yeah, It does feel a bit underwhelming, and having items that make it scale or requires it isn't great balance to make it attractive imho.

That said, you can also scale it a little bit with %inc buff effect or %inc aura effect, to make it slightly better.

Another thing is, Righteous Fire builds are really strong at the moment, they have soooo much regeneration available from so many sources, and just buffing Vitality's numbers would make them even stronger.
I think that there is an overall balance problem regarding that to be honest.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Yeah, It does feel a bit underwhelming, and having items that make it scale or requires it isn't great balance to make it attractive imho.

That said, you can also scale it a little bit with %inc buff effect or %inc aura effect, to make it slightly better.

Another thing is, Righteous Fire builds are really strong at the moment, they have soooo much regeneration available from so many sources, and just buffing Vitality's numbers would make them even stronger.

Its no defence for the vitality gem, the vitality gem is stuck in a age when all you wanted was to outregen chaos clouds on the ground.

RF builds only use vitality because why not, they dont need heralds to spend mana on, it should be fair to state that the skill tree and items have followed the evolution of the game to hard while vitality has been forgotten.
An aura should be designed as hatred so no mather what happens in the future, vitality should be the one clear regen aura, which means multiplying the weaker items and nodes on the tree.

Its clearly a designe flaw in my mind.
"
Viljan wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Its no defence for the vitality gem, the vitality gem is stuck in a age when all you wanted was to outregen chaos clouds on the ground.

RF builds only use vitality because why not, they dont need heralds to spend mana on, it should be fair to state that the skill tree and items have followed the evolution of the game to hard while vitality has been forgotten.
An aura should be designed as hatred so no mather what happens in the future, vitality should be the one clear regen aura, which means multiplying the weaker items and nodes on the tree.

Its clearly a designe flaw in my mind.

you are right,but i dont see any possible changes that would keep the function of the aura and wouldnt break the game.
yes in nearly all cases those 1.6% seem meaningless when you can reach 2% + regen from tree without any trouble on any class.
the problem are the cases where life rgen is stacked to reach certain goals like susatining rf.
turning degen into regen has a lot of meaning to these builds even though there are different way to reach these threshold.
everything that a player can "abuse" in poe will be abused and its actually the goal of the game.
why GGG doesn't read this topic (Feedback and Suggestions) to improve the situation
The gem has it's purpose.
Those who go CI-ZO don't have much place to get regen on the top part of the tree and thus it can be important part to get more Energy Shield regen.

But I agree it is very weak comparatively.
My suggestion is to keep the % same and add
"15-35% reduced physical and chaos damage taken from damage over time"

Phys/chaos so that it won't become insanely good on the already popular and powerful RF (keep the power level there the same). Minion builds that use vitality will see much stronger survival of their minions in caustic cloud maps and in lab against traps as well as helping them survive against bleed, since minions get elemental resist very easily but lack a lot in physical mitigation.

Can also be useful in certain niche builds such as Disintegrator, self-bleed / self-poison, or also help against Blood Rage / Berzerker rage if you have nothing else to spend your mana reserve on.

Also feels good thematically.
Last edited by SodanKerjuu on Nov 19, 2018, 11:04:13 AM
"
SodanKerjuu wrote:
The gem has it's purpose.
Those who go CI-ZO don't have much place to get regen on the top part of the tree and thus it can be important part to get more Energy Shield regen.

But I agree it is very weak comparatively.
My suggestion is to keep the % same and add
"15-35% reduced physical and chaos damage taken from damage over time"

Phys/chaos so that it won't become insanely good on the already popular and powerful RF (keep the power level there the same). Minion builds that use vitality will see much stronger survival of their minions in caustic cloud maps and in lab against traps as well as helping them survive against bleed, since minions get elemental resist very easily but lack a lot in physical mitigation.

Can also be useful in certain niche builds such as Disintegrator, self-bleed / self-poison, or also help against Blood Rage / Berzerker rage if you have nothing else to spend your mana reserve on.

Also feels good thematically.

That's actually a good idea imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info