Return now or wait for Dec 7th?

Hi,

Not sure where to ask this question but literally haven't played since 2012 and with recent developments here and elsewhere I would like to come back and wonder what the advantage would be to coming back now as opposed to waiting until December 7th. Thank you in advance.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 8:21:01 PM
Well, if Delve looks like fun, you can enjoy it for the next (nearly) 3 weeks before starting over in Betrayal. There's really no downside.
Really depends on what kind of player you are. If you want more surprises and care more about the process of levelling and exploring, you may wait for the new league.

Usually, though, I recommend to start earlier. Delve enounters will probably be toned down (you'll likely do less), so you could make a character now to enjoy more of it, in case Azurite Mine would be your thing.
Also, game has changed A LOT since 2013. It's like a new game and a lot of things were added. You may want to start faster to gain some knowledge before Betrayal release, so you're not overwhelmed by all the new systems and additions at the start.
You could also try to get 12 challenges for the free canary pet :D
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Thanks to both of you!
Standard is always there, when league is dead or not.
Really no reason not to jump in now. You won't have as many people to trade with, and the league will have died down quite a bit at this point, but that can be a bonus too. I don't know if you prefer to play solo or looking to make good friends, but you can jump in at the end of this league and learn the ropes before starting fresh in the new league. Consider it a practice run, so you aren't scrambling to figure it all out when the new league launches.

If you are concerned with getting attached to your character and not wanting to lose the progress in a few weeks, just bear in mind that is always the case in the temporary leagues, and as others have suggested, standard is always there. But that is a different beast all together. Totally different economy and builds that only work due to legacy items that are not available in temporary leagues.
I also played back when you did and returned recently.
Like the poster above me stated, you can't go wrong learning the ropes.
If you play through acts 1-10 before the next league, you'll be better off for when you start the Betrayal league.

Starting now is also a good way to try out any builds that you are thinking of starting the next league with.
"
kosem wrote:
I also played back when you did and returned recently.
Like the poster above me stated, you can't go wrong learning the ropes.
If you play through acts 1-10 before the next league, you'll be better off for when you start the Betrayal league.

Starting now is also a good way to try out any builds that you are thinking of starting the next league with.

This

Play acts 1 to 10 and maybe don't waste too much time on masters, they will die soon
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
also you might want to check your items for legacy ones (ones that have been nerved and cant drop as powerful anymore).
Increased quantity mods on jewelry or the increased quantity support which doesnt drop anymore for example. I recently found out that my low level uniqueboots are worth several exalts because of 30%iiq :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info