The future of the standard league.

Greetings, fellow Exiles!

I have always been playing standard, and I will continue to do so, for a very simple reason. I do not like having to start all over with absolutely nothing. If you like that, good for you, but everyone is different. For me, I get very bored and always want to go back to standard, when i start a league. I like having my stuff, I like keeping it.

I have been playing PoE on and off for a long time now and as I said pretty much only in standard and I have been wondering: Are the standard players going to see some love? I am of course talking about all the uniques I will never ever even touch anymore, but also the fun and enjoyable mechanics.

I faintly remember reading somewhere, that GGG was planning on implementing league mechanics into standard, should the community like these mechanics, here a rough overview of things that I'm missing:
- Where has Perandus gone, that was fun. My coins are useless now?
- Talismans were pretty cool and opened up new options.
- Reliquary league was VERY interesting. I was very disappointed not to have access to legacy items.
- Harbingers were my favorite, legitimately the only league i ACTUALLY enjoyed, and the last one I personally played.
- Incursion... I ahven't played it, but I read up on it and would love to play the content, even though many say it isn't end-game relevant, it's still nice to have.

Now, of course we have been getting a few drops of the league things, like Abyss, Breach, Essence, Prophecy, and everything before 2016. But this is my point, why has GGG stopped implementing everything fun after 2015?

With the announcement of the Betrayal league, I was wondering:
Are we going to get the azurite mine? PLEASE! I haven't played Delve, but I have watched videos. I would love to have something new for my characters to do in standard. Something COMPLETELY new. The league ends in about 20 days and I don't feel like grinding a new character in delve :(

Please, just incorporate the fun stuff for us standard players. Please stop handling people that play standard like they are not even worth the effort. We buy microtransactions too, we give you money, we enjoy the game too. It's just... as a standard player I sometimes feel completely ignored by GGG. :(
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2018, 1:23:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"

With the announcement of the Betrayal league, I was wondering:
Are we going to get the azurite mine? PLEASE!

Apparently you haven't followed all the announcements as close as you should have.

Everything (Delve, Incursion) and masters changes will be in STD apart from the League only things which is Betrayal.

And no, coins aren't useless. Perandus comes back from time to time as Zana mod.
Last edited by Funkjoker on Nov 17, 2018, 7:26:45 AM
"
Apparently you haven't followed all the announcements as close as you should have.

Everything (Delve, Incursion) and masters changes will be in STD apart from the League only things which is Betrayal.

Sorry, I might have missed this information, but I did try and google this and haven't found any develpoer confirmation on this. If we really ARE getting Incursion AND the azurite mine in standard as well... that would be awesome, because from what it sounded like, only betrayal was going to get this.

Please, can a dev confirm or someone send me a source so I can sleep at night?
"
"

Sorry, I might have missed this information, but I did try and google this and haven't found any develpoer confirmation on this. If we really ARE getting Incursion AND the azurite mine in standard as well... that would be awesome, because from what it sounded like, only betrayal was going to get this.

Please, can a dev confirm or someone send me a source so I can sleep at night?

http://www.gggtracker.com/
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
The future of standard actually seems bright.

Unless we uncover more info the only difference will be that you will not get league-specific uniques, and veiled modifiers will not be available for crafting in standard. Forsaken Masters 2.0, Incursion 2.0, and Delve 2.0 will all be identical between standard and Betrayal.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
As a mixed Standard/league player I echo most of the OP’s sentiments, but as others have stated I’m actually pretty optimistic about the direction our beloved “trash league” is taking. More players are diluting the legacy items and the myth that everyone is rich in Standard (wish I was, but I keep spending my ex on stuff), not to mention reviving the economy.

Crossing my fingers the horizon stays bright; permanence isn’t as bad as many players think, and I’ve found Standard great for returning to once I get bored of my league characters.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Assuming delve goes core in a reasonable state, I'll just play standard moving forward. Never understood the appeal of 'start over ever 3 months' thing, but was the only way to play new content.

I think standard should be in a pretty good place right now.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Nov 17, 2018, 3:59:11 PM
Agreed; I grew tired of the "keep up with the Jones's" mentality and cycle of leagues quite a while ago. Standard league is looking great now.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info