Crossbow... Crossbows !!!

Einhar got one and a lot of humanoids mobs get them also.

I think the rapid fire style and general steam-punk feel of PoE will be very adapted for our characters to use a crossbow.

I think, generally with a bow on PoE, I'm firing some kind of futuristics machine guns. And the bow arming is somewhat akward. Aesthetically it'll be more satisfaying (to me) to have a gun firing stance.

Crossbows will be a very fresh improvement to missile firing and they are already in game.

I don't like bows in PoE, I don't know really why... too bad the bow skills are really cool and powerfull. Hope to see X-bows someday in Wraeclast... in the hand of exiles !!!
... nothing
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2018, 1:39:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The just teasing

Won't get the crossbows most likely
Need more brains, exile?
Of course we don't get them now, but i seriously hope that Xbow will be introduced soon as a weapon for the Exiles.
And because it's already in the hand on NPCs there's no reason for not having them drops as a loot.

next year maybe ?
... nothing
Be careful what you ask for. There are fishing rods you can use but ... why would you. :)
I feel like crossbows would be pretty easy to add if they were essentially new bow types with the same skills/passive nodes, but different stats and animations. If GGG was going for realism they'd be slower but have higher damage than bows (although IDK how good that would make them). Give them implicits like reduced enemy stun threshold and chance to bleed, MAYBE their own bolt quivers. Why not.

On a related note, it'd be harder to add long weapons like spears/polearms; seems to me those would require their own skills/passives. I guess you could minimize overcrowding the tree with polearm passives distributed amongst other melee nodes which became shared (ie. one sword ring would become sword/polearm, one axe ring would become axe/polearm, one staff ring would become staff/polearm, etc. so you'd find polearm nodes distributed across the left side of the tree).

Perhaps long weapons could be added as part of a big 2h melee overhaul, something which is sorely needed right now.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 18, 2018, 2:36:21 AM
And of course, it could use the same tree as a bow user.
oubviously it'll add some flavors to the game and new item's to chase after.
We have the same weapons we had in closed beta and only the mobs have new weapons (Xbow, spear) hope to see some novelty around that somedays.
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info