And I died again ...

"
Xtorma wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...so you want the devs to build a time machine, so they can go back in time to fix a "technical issue" they fixed in like 2015?

It is by no stretch of the imagination "fixed", they just made it a little better. I have seen it plenty, I just accept it as part of the game. The game is fun. always has been , probably always will be, but that doesn't take away from the fact it has some issues. All games do, and they would never get better if it weren't for feedback like this.

please cite examples.

edit: this thread is hilarious.

people are blaming ggg for someone standing in a flameblast. then they somehow jump to "desync" (when i was the one who mentioned it, ruling it out...) because of... someone literally running over degen piles while they're still active. which isn't desync. and which is purely player error.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 18, 2018, 3:32:44 PM
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
I get similar problems lately. The graphics effects seem to be a bit behind the action they are supposed to show. This has been happening quite a bit since about 2 patches ago, maybe it's a new bug.

Examples I've had lately:
1. Trying to run into a trial corridor while the spike traps are still down. The game prevents me from running in and almost a second later only the spikes come up.
2. Fighting the factory boss: Nothing close to me, the lightning arcs are well off, the boss is on the other side of the room. Boom, dead, out of nowhere. Almost a second later a lightning arc is over my corpse.
3. Red balls dropping from above in delve fights: They sometimes hit me instantaneously, without giving me time to get away from underneath them.

Maybe GGG messed up the threading in one of the latest patches. I notice that my inventory only shows images after a few seconds of waiting when I just started up the game. For loading assets, this is good. But maybe they also started threading more stuff and now we get delayed graphics effects occasionally...

those things only seem to happen at a "very" high movementspeed (speaking of 70%+)
i never seen these if i dont spamm movementskills and/or are over those 70% wuthout flask

I am nowhere near 70%, at maybe 35-40.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Why doesn´t it surprise me that our three forum bullies are once again in action here.

GGG, I ask you politely to please finally do something. So many new players are attacked by them, day in and day out. What´s the deal with them?

Gaming should be fun and not about being insulted and harassed 24/7. Each time a new player asks a question, each time a player has an issue with the game mechanics, they swarm out and drop their troll posts.

It´s impossible to have a conversation about anything in this forum.

Thanks!

@ OP

There are a lot of one shot mechanics in this game, GGG added them as people in HC have a macro that let´s them avoid death by logging out. You can only try to stay away from any corpse, AOE, Boss as far as possible.
It doesn´t always work, but it´s the only chance we normal plebs have in this game.
Last edited by Ygidua on Nov 18, 2018, 3:50:46 PM
"
Ygidua wrote:
Why doesn´t it surprise me that our three forum bullies are once again in action here.

GGG, I ask you politely to please finally do something. So many new players are attacked by them, day in and day out. What´s the deal with them?

Gaming should be fun and not about being insulted and harassed 24/7. Each time a new player asks a question, each time a player has an issue with the game mechanics, they swarm out and drop their troll posts.

It´s impossible to have a conversation about anything in this forum.

Thanks!

Since when was PoE newbie-friendly?

I don't remember anything from past, for the future, there will be nothing new aswell.

Sad but true aslong GGG does nothing, nothing will change.

Frustration and complaints on forums will ALWAYS be taken into AIM of those " PRO/VETERANS".

Cya Next League.
Last edited by ebeninami on Nov 18, 2018, 3:53:14 PM
it's one thing to be frustrated and/or complain.

it's another to literally blame ggg for someone standing in a flameblast/cold snap, call it a "technical issue," pretend it's "desync," and blame ggg for their own shortcomings in a video game.

ffs, when you can't take personal responsibility to the point where you piggyback someone else's complaint (flameblast) on top of another person's conclusion jump ("technical issue" [running on cold snap])... on top of yet another person's conclusion jump (desync)... you have this situation.

people here would clearly rather invent elaborate scenarios with e-boogeymen rather than own up to making a mistake.

it doesn't make one a bully to correctly state this.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Nov 18, 2018, 4:19:25 PM
Robmafia:

It does make one a bully to engage in name-calling and misrepresentation to make a point (see also: Donald J. Trump):

"

it's another to literally blame ggg for some genius standing in a flameblast/cold snap

1. While I might have been "in" the Flameblast, I was not "standing in" the Flameblast. In fact, as I've said, I was trying to get out of the Flameblast and thought I was out of the Flameblast.

2. I'm guessing you were being sarcastic when you called me a "genius". While I could provide evidence of my intelligence, I'd prefer to just point out that I was a Blizzard MVP for Diablo 2 because I generally tried to helpful and polite when I posted on the forums.

As I suggested earlier in the thread, if you can't make constructive comments or actually read what I wrote, perhaps your time would be better spent doing something else.
"
Oramin wrote:
Robmafia:

It does make one a bully to engage in name-calling and misrepresentation to make a point (see also: Donald J. Trump):

"

it's another to literally blame ggg for some genius standing in a flameblast/cold snap

1. While I might have been "in" the Flameblast, I was not "standing in" the Flameblast. In fact, as I've said, I was trying to get out of the Flameblast and thought I was out of the Flameblast.

2. I'm guessing you were being sarcastic when you called me a "genius". While I could provide evidence of my intelligence, I'd prefer to just point out that I was a Blizzard MVP for Diablo 2 because I generally tried to helpful and polite when I posted on the forums.

As I suggested earlier in the thread, if you can't make constructive comments or actually read what I wrote, perhaps your time would be better spent doing something else.

wow

you just proved my point and shot down your own.

you brought up diablow bs and pretended you're so nice and helpful. while you refused to hear reality and instead blame me (and trump? what?) for what - telling you the truth?

you just accused me of name-calling. please cite one.

you just accused me of misrepresentation. please cite one.

you think being a diablow "mvp" represents being a "genius." i can't even make this shit up.

you pat yourself on the back for being "helpful and polite" while making hilarious accusations to someone for pointing out facts.

"
Oramin wrote:
While I might have been "in" the Flameblast, I was not "standing in" the Flameblast. In fact, as I've said, I was trying to get out of the Flameblast and thought I was out of the Flameblast.

"
Oramin wrote:
misrepresentation

"
Oramin wrote:
It does make one a bully to engage in name-calling

that moment when you engaged in name-calling while baselessly accusing another of doing just that. this is some grade-a hypocrisy. kudos.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Nov 18, 2018, 4:44:31 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...so you want the devs to build a time machine, so they can go back in time to fix a "technical issue" they fixed in like 2015?

It is by no stretch of the imagination "fixed", they just made it a little better. I have seen it plenty, I just accept it as part of the game. The game is fun. always has been , probably always will be, but that doesn't take away from the fact it has some issues. All games do, and they would never get better if it weren't for feedback like this.

please cite examples.

edit: this thread is hilarious.

people are blaming ggg for someone standing in a flameblast. then they somehow jump to "desync" (when i was the one who mentioned it, ruling it out...) because of... someone literally running over degen piles while they're still active. which isn't desync. and which is purely player error.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Nov 18, 2018, 8:13:24 PM
This game IS frustrating in that no matter how safe you try to play, something can kill you at any moment.

I've said before that this game is unique in that a simple white mob can kill you quick if you AFK.

This is one of the several reasons why it is so hard to play HC in PoE (latency issues aside).

Experience comes into play here, though in this specific example. One thing you need to know is what bosses are difficult no matter what level - and that includes any boss in the form of rogue exiles/warbands. They are almost always more difficult than one off monster bosses. Shipyard. Lighthouse. That T10 map I cannot remember. The high tier map with that pair of chaos based exiles. You get the picture.

Also, latency is always an issue in SC. I died to that Delve skeleton bear boss that absorbs all the bear ghosts before it comes to life. It has a huge wind-up hit and I have died to it while behind the mob - obviously the game thought I was still in front.

I've actually been running through a delve by the cart and noticed the darkness damage effect kicking in - because the game thinks I am lagging behind the cart even though I am with it.

Welcome to "Always online". Love to hate it.

TL:DR - Know your bosses. You can, and will, die at any time in this game. Lag sucks, but will always be an issue.
Dunno...

I had 8k life, 79 max all res, +15% chaos res, 90% phys damage reduction with max endurance charges...

And I still got one shot. Ofc, that was in a poorjoy's, but I didn't get too angry about it...

What I've realized is, it doesn't matter how much life or defense you have, you will die if you're pushing your character too hard. And by "too hard" I mean doing things that AREN'T boring and repetitive just to stay alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info