And I died again ...

"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

either way, this "technical issue" bs is moot.

As long as you are not on the development team and do not have sufficient knowledge of the game engine internals, you are unqualified to decide. It appears to happen more often than once every full moon and thus is no coincidence. You don't seem to have that issue. fine, just accept that others have it.

With people experiencing this issue, it is a valid suggestion to reduce its damage or spread radius if the players can not reliably assess whether they are inside the effect or not. Again, its up to the developers to decide whether they want to follow this suggestion.

in my post i didint mean its a technical problem,its more like running so fast that turn too early and go kinda back in again before its duration is done.

its a selfcreated problem that started with the insane movementspeed powercreep
Softcore shouldn't have exp penalty on death.
That's why it's called soft.

Hardcore should have a full exp reset to 0% on death and keep the char and all items in the league. It's far too easy to die ten times every day on random shit, lag, and the insane dmg alone which guardians and uber bosses do.

That's punishing enough to waste players time by constantly resetting their exp while they try to finish the 90-100 grind. It's a race against time.
The same dozen of people will always hit 100 in a week, nothing is taken away from them.

"
DudeTheLegend wrote:
Softcore shouldn't have exp penalty on death.
That's why it's called soft.

Hardcore should have a full exp reset to 0% on death and keep the char and all items in the league. It's far too easy to die ten times every day on random shit, lag, and the insane dmg alone which guardians and uber bosses do.

That's punishing enough to waste players time by constantly resetting their exp while they try to finish the 90-100 grind. It's a race against time.
The same dozen of people will always hit 100 in a week, nothing is taken away from them.

that just your opinion and that is totaly fine,but the majority of the hardcore fanbase wants a perma death.
the only reason for your suggestion is that you 1) dont play hardcore and 2) dont want an exp penalty on death in softcore.

if they would just remove the exp penalty for softcore i would stop playing because i want some punishment for dieing the only reason i dont commit to perma death is the limited time i have to play during a league.
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
...Oramin clearly said that he was visually out of the circle when he was killed, yet everyone is acting as if he had stayed right in the middle of it...

I get similar problems lately. The graphics effects seem to be a bit behind the action they are supposed to show. This has been happening quite a bit since about 2 patches ago, maybe it's a new bug.

Examples I've had lately:
1. Trying to run into a trial corridor while the spike traps are still down. The game prevents me from running in and almost a second later only the spikes come up.
2. Fighting the factory boss: Nothing close to me, the lightning arcs are well off, the boss is on the other side of the room. Boom, dead, out of nowhere. Almost a second later a lightning arc is over my corpse.
3. Red balls dropping from above in delve fights: They sometimes hit me instantaneously, without giving me time to get away from underneath them.

Maybe GGG messed up the threading in one of the latest patches. I notice that my inventory only shows images after a few seconds of waiting when I just started up the game. For loading assets, this is good. But maybe they also started threading more stuff and now we get delayed graphics effects occasionally.

I play on lockstep, but feel that's not enough info to start a bug report.
On topic: Yes, the death penalty really hurts when dying to bullshit. But they should rather fix the game than remove it.

those things only seem to happen at a "very" high movementspeed (speaking of 70%+)
i never seen these if i dont spamm movementskills and/or are over those 70% wuthout flask

Well, if it happens above 70% move speed, and you are capable of achieving above 70% move speed within the parameters of the game, than it is a game issue , not a player issue. isn't it?
"
robmafia wrote:
...so you want the devs to build a time machine, so they can go back in time to fix a "technical issue" they fixed in like 2015?

It is by no stretch of the imagination "fixed", they just made it a little better. I have seen it plenty, I just accept it as part of the game. The game is fun. always has been , probably always will be, but that doesn't take away from the fact it has some issues. All games do, and they would never get better if it weren't for feedback like this.
"
Xtorma wrote:

Well, if it happens above 70% move speed, and you are capable of achieving above 70% move speed within the parameters of the game, than it is a game issue , not a player issue. isn't it?

not really
the 70% movementspeed isnt the number for everyone,its the point where it starts happening to me,bcause i start moveing back in too early.

i have no problem switching around movementspeed between 0-70% i kinda never fail to dodge skillshots i´m used to dodge in that area (ofc the the 1 screw up once in a while duo to a "realy" player error is something different)
i can easily adjust to it when i play a different charr.

above 70% it keeps happening (even though i dont die to those hits since i have the gear to take that hit when i reach that movemenspeed point)
this is purely a player error

we or rather i have gotten so fast with the super speed powercreep (talking about movement and dmg here) that there is so much time left after dodging

a result of that powercreep is btw that boss skills cover nearly the full screen these days just to make them even remotely difficult for the "faster" builds
this wouldnt be a huge problem if there werent many ascendanycies that have a lot less movementspeed than others

i.e. its easy to reach that 70% with any pathfinder and deadyeye has a good option too, but raching that mark with a occultist isnt that easy

i´m at no point saying that things arent doable with all classes,but some have it easier than other and the gap seems to grow with every league
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:

not really
the 70% movementspeed isnt the number for everyone,its the point where it starts happening to me,bcause i start moveing back in too early.

i have no problem switching around movementspeed between 0-70% i kinda never fail to dodge skillshots i´m used to dodge in that area (ofc the the 1 screw up once in a while duo to a "realy" player error is something different)
i can easily adjust to it when i play a different charr.

above 70% it keeps happening (even though i dont die to those hits since i have the gear to take that hit when i reach that movemenspeed point)
this is purely a player error

we or rather i have gotten so fast with the super speed powercreep (talking about movement and dmg here) that there is so much time left after dodging

a result of that powercreep is btw that boss skills cover nearly the full screen these days just to make them even remotely difficult for the "faster" builds
this wouldnt be a huge problem if there werent many ascendanycies that have a lot less movementspeed than others

i.e. its easy to reach that 70% with any pathfinder and deadyeye has a good option too, but raching that mark with a occultist isnt that easy

i´m at no point saying that things arent doable with all classes,but some have it easier than other and the gap seems to grow with every league

Yea , but that has nothing to do with the animation and the damage box not syncing. From what I gathered from the op's post, this was their issue, not the fact that they moved back into range after moving out. I have seen it happen , not only to me, but to streamers. As I stated before though, I have long since accepted it as part of the game, and don't play hardcore because of issues like this.

As far as the detractors, I hear them, I just don't agree with them because feedback is important. There are always ways to make a product better, and as a player of this game, I want that.
"
Xtorma wrote:

Yea , but that has nothing to do with the animation and the damage box not syncing. From what I gathered from the op's post, this was their issue, not the fact that they moved back into range after moving out. I have seen it happen , not only to me, but to streamers. As I stated before though, I have long since accepted it as part of the game, and don't play hardcore because of issues like this.

As far as the detractors, I hear them, I just don't agree with them because feedback is important. There are always ways to make a product better, and as a player of this game, I want that.

and thats what i dont belive even though thats what the op is saying or rather that he only thinks it was "desync" and not a player error.
dont get me wrong ggg makes so graphical "errors" but i have never seen it on that boss.
Ciel289:

Fair enough. As I indicated, I'm pretty sure I was outside of the circle (I was certainly trying to be just be on the safe side) but I'm not absolutely certain.

As for the "player error", I suppose it depends on how you define player error.

As a pedestrian, I have a choice about how I cross streets but I don't have control over how people drive their cars. Crossing a busy freeway is obviously idiotic. But even if I cross at traffic light controlled intersection in a crosswalk with the lights in my favor, I can be hit by a car. I'm sure there are some people out there who would claim, if I got hit, that it is my own fault for daring to cross a street when I know there are bad drivers out there. Note that I'm not saying you are one of those but you probably understand my point about the range of reactions to risk mitigation.

So, even assuming that there's not a technical problem, there's still what I believe to be a balance issue with the Flameblast used by that particular Boss and the penalty for the alleged player error.

Specifically, I can easily tank a Tier 10 Boss (Wasteland Map) with a slow one-hit style attack which I can easily get out of range of and that I have virtually no resistance to (just the physical damage reduction from Arctic Armour). But I get one-shotted by a Flameblast from one of multiple Bosses in a Tier 9 Map when I was trying to get out of range , when it wasn't at full power (I think), and when I have maxed/stacked fire resistance. Also note that I'm running around with an approximate 7.5K buffer which, from my understanding, is on the high side.

Now I can (and probably will) simply make more of an effort to avoid this situation in the future (in fact, I wasn't even going to fight them; I got tagged on a lower tier of the lighthouse when I couldn't initially see them), but I think the balance is off when damage output of lower tier bosses is dramatically higher than damage output of higher tier bosses.

"
Oramin wrote:
Ciel289:

Fair enough. As I indicated, I'm pretty sure I was outside of the circle (I was certainly trying to be just be on the safe side) but I'm not absolutely certain.

As for the "player error", I suppose it depends on how you define player error.

As a pedestrian, I have a choice about how I cross streets but I don't have control over how people drive their cars. Crossing a busy freeway is obviously idiotic. But even if I cross at traffic light controlled intersection in a crosswalk with the lights in my favor, I can be hit by a car. I'm sure there are some people out there who would claim, if I got hit, that it is my own fault for daring to cross a street when I know there are bad drivers out there. Note that I'm not saying you are one of those but you probably understand my point about the range of reactions to risk mitigation.

So, even assuming that there's not a technical problem, there's still what I believe to be a balance issue with the Flameblast used by that particular Boss and the penalty for the alleged player error.

Specifically, I can easily tank a Tier 10 Boss (Wasteland Map) with a slow one-hit style attack which I can easily get out of range of and that I have virtually no resistance to (just the physical damage reduction from Arctic Armour). But I get one-shotted by a Flameblast from one of multiple Bosses in a Tier 9 Map when I was trying to get out of range , when it wasn't at full power (I think), and when I have maxed/stacked fire resistance. Also note that I'm running around with an approximate 7.5K buffer which, from my understanding, is on the high side.

Now I can (and probably will) simply make more of an effort to avoid this situation in the future (in fact, I wasn't even going to fight them; I got tagged on a lower tier of the lighthouse when I couldn't initially see them), but I think the balance is off when damage output of lower tier bosses is dramatically higher than damage output of higher tier bosses.

for the traffic thing, you wouldnt be at fault if you have the green light and get hit by the car. but ofc it would be in your best intrest to still check it since you will get the short end of the stick even though you are right.

what i really meant is,poe boss skillshots are always the same so you should know their range after some time. while the design or balance of the skill can be questioned,
when i say player error, i´m not saying that its the players fault but the player should be aware of it. it doesnt have to bis his "fault", he (like with the car) will suffer the consequences that could have "easily" been prevented.

it doesnt make the skill good or fair,but since you know the result avoid it.
Last edited by ciel289 on Nov 18, 2018, 2:29:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info