And I died again ...

Right, so I'm trying to level my L93 Ice Nova Inquisitor.

He has 5,510 Life and 2,015 Mana available for MOM (and 510 ES).
He also has max Fire Resistance (121% actually) and Arctic Armour.

So, I'm doing a Zana Daily in a rare L9 Lighthouse Map with no dangerous mods. One of the bosses tries to hit me with a Flameblast. I decide that it is safer to run rather than to tank it even with Arctic Armour. From what I could see, I was outside the circle when it went off.

I got one-shotted.

Now, my ES was down already but I was at virtually full Life and Mana and I got one-shotted even though I was running out of the circle and I thought I was clear.

If you're going to make it do that much damage, it should expand *much* slower. Of course, you should make it expand slower anyway since from what I have observed (admittedly not recently) monster Flameblasts expand much faster than player Flameblasts (yes, I tested it on a fast casting character).

Ok, that's suggestion/feedback one. Here's number two.

Do you know how much experience this character gets from doing my daily full set of Dailys (generally 5 masters)? About 1% to 2%. Do you know how much experience he loses when he dies to crap like this? That would be 10%. So, that's about a week's worth of experience down the hole.

I realize that you want to make the game challenging for those people who play Path of Exile obsessively and can get to L99 in a single week, but there has to be a better way to balance the ability to level with penalizing somebody for dying.

If I had been doing something obviously risky with a poorly tanked and under-leveled character then I would deserve a 10% experience penalty on death. Based on what I've read, this character is over-leveled for a Tier 9 Map and has a lot more buffer than most characters.

Perhaps changing the experience penalty (either on death or earning in lower level areas) for Open characters compared with League characters might be an idea? Or you could just make it easier to get high level Maps (white ones up to Tier 15) from Zana? For that matter, how about always giving us the option of doing Untainted Paradise in Zana Daily missions? I would be happy to forego drops for the bonus experience.

There's already enough of a grind to get 1,500 Fusings (that's a 3 to 4 month investment). That combined with the grind to level makes this game a lot less fun than it should be. It also makes me less likely to buy additional character slots if I have to spend weeks/months getting a single level for a character - something to keep in mind.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Nov 21, 2018, 8:35:33 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 8:37:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Stop dying?
Play better?

Player error here nothing more.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Player error, get better or go home exile.
I think experience penalty works perfectly fine. Letting players know your mistakes have consequences is a must have in an arpg.
I say nail em up!!! -monthy python life of brian
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
you obviously don't know the mechanics if you're mentioning 121% res (apparently only 75) and 1500 fusings (huh? what does vorici 6L have to do with anything?)

you were hit by flameblast. unless you're in predictive mode and were out of sync, there's pretty much no excuse to be in that gigantic red circle.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 17, 2018, 3:38:44 AM
You better get used to it. Somehow GGG cant ban them. I guess this has something to do with being horrible torwards others on the forum is not against the terms.

They are right though, it was a player error. Dont stand in a flame blast ever, if you dont KNOW that you can take it.
As to the grind concerning exp and fusings. This game is a grinding game, thats what people do and what the devs want it to be, especially in the endgame. If you dont have the time to do that and if youre not able to stay alive to level up, well you simply wont progress. Thats just Path of Exile for you.
Lol I have done NOTHING wrong all I did is say it was a player error and to to play better so he can stop dying.

What more do you want me to say? If you can't improve yourself as a player itself and you constantly keep dying that means it's the player but some of you seem to refuse to accept that and go omg you're bullying me.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 17, 2018, 5:41:22 AM
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
You better get used to it. Somehow GGG cant ban them. I guess this has something to do with being horrible torwards others on the forum is not against the terms.

waitwaitwait what the f are u talking about ?
why would ggg ban us? for what reason?
this is not a safe space for snow flakes.
if u come shit on the things i find exciting and fun in a game i play every day, i am going to roast you like a peeled chicken on a grill for that poop u left here.
dont expect to be safe from criticism in this section.
we are watching you O.O
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Lol I have done NOTHING wrong all I did is say it was a player error and to to play better so he can stop dying.

What more do you want me to say? If you can't improve yourself as a player itself and you constantly keep dying that means it's the player but some of you seem to refuse to accept that and go omg you're bullying me.

I'm going to have to hand it to the dinosaur on this one, guys. She's not bullying, the truth just hurts sometimes.

A good friend tells you what you want to hear, a great friend tells you what you need to hear.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I clearly agree with HerrImHimmel.
There is this "git gud" brigade that come to bully out of discussion anyone trying to come up with a complaint.
Oramin clearly said that he was visually out of the circle when he was killed, yet everyone is acting as if he had stayed right in the middle of it.

It's a shame that moderation doesn't do its job, as this breaks the ability to have any meaningful conversation.

The experience penalty is an issue that is going to come forever back in this forum, as long as GGG doesn't tackle the issue. It could be that the penalty needs to be reworked. It could be that the penalty needs to be optional or removed. It could also be to apply some psychological trick like Blizzard did with WoW's rested bonus. Or maybe some other solution that aren't thinking of.

But the only way to make the situation better is to actually attempt to make it better, rather than bullying people that complain out of discussion.

Seriously, GGG. Work on your community.
seriously bro, you got hit by a flameblast by a shaped boss. You said you were at the edge of it while it was at his biggest size (at his biggest power also)

ofc you got one shot

Glowing green mouse cursor plz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info