PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Can challenges get some QA?

This time they have gone overboard with RNG and hardcore grind challenges.

Endgame Grind
Complete these maps (300 corrupt and Zana)
Deadly Encounters

Delve IV
All 3 Delve Bosses
Delve Boss I
Delve Boss II
Delve Boss III
Use all 4 resonators

9 challenges that are horrible to complete for players like me (not casual, but also not crazy).

Also there's some weird stuff in the "easier" challenges:
*Kill Elder, Atziri, Igna Phoenix... sure. Oh, and also please kill the Pale Council. Because this is totally on the same level as the other 3.
*Complete an encounter in delves you will complete when you just play the league a bit... and also in primeval ruins, only spawning at 200something depth.
*F...ing cartographer box.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
This time they have gone overboard with RNG and hardcore grind challenges.

Use all 4 resonators

truely RNG, i had 2 before hitting Delve lvl 200. needless to say both gave me shitty crafting rolls...

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Also there's some weird stuff in the "easier" challenges:
*Kill Elder, Atziri, Igna Phoenix... sure. Oh, and also please kill the Pale Council. Because this is totally on the same level as the other 3.

Not sure if I can follow you here - igna is RNG but was never a problem to me in a fight. Aziri is the ability to concentrate on those cursed flameblasts, and you'll get plenty shots at her because all the maps throw "her Mask" at you and you can try to convert the common fragments to midnight by playing them.
Leaves Elder and Pale council. Both are a pain to get, because the RNGness of that stupid time consuming propecy chains (no i don't enjoy to go to the Northern Forest between two red maps) and the need to actively cultivate elder areas because he can't stand his Ground against the shaper without my help. not good for SSF because you need the right maps at your disposal. Plus for Delve: pale Lockboxes. Love them. In terms of a fight, I'd rather do 10 Councils than one Elder, so yes they are on one level, with the elder slightly worse for me. Sidenode to GGG: please don't allow the already spawned Guardians and the elder to leave the Atlas just because you can't get the needed Maps in time.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

*Complete an encounter in delves you will complete when you just play the league a bit... and also in primeval ruins, only spawning at 200something depth.

yeah, just what I thought.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

*F...ing cartographer box.

Strange one - i had none last league, but this time, I've got 2x the unique one from Zana Missions and one or two normal ones. quite random.

I meant that the first three are pretty easy to get. Just from natural mapping, you will eventually kill Igna, have the 4 fragments for Atziri and get an Elder spawn (white or yellow is enough for the challenge).
But the pale council is a completely different story.
I find it weird to put this next to the other three.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
The challenges made me leave the league after 3 weeks and not play the game at all. I dumped all my currency into reaching my goal and did not bother even starting the game any more.

Fucking disgusting challenges this league.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"
golan4840 wrote:
Sitting on 39/40 for almost a month, trying to get Aul to spawn so I can have my level 100 40/40 SSF moment. :')

Did the countdown instill a little bit worries already? :)
I applaud your determination. Doing this during this league is a particular feat.
What gets me is that these challenges are counter to the entire point of the league. In Delve, your goal should be to delve as deep as you can manage...unless you want to complete Delve Encounters IV, in which case you're better off just going sideways at level 100 so you don't waste as much sulphite. (Which is extremely boring.)

Also, seriously, I have almost 200 hours in this league, and I've found exactly 0 of these areas. Warbands aren't even that unbalanced! Why are they so rare? And don't get me started on "Use following Fossils". This basically requires you to spend an exalted to finish because you need one of the super-rare fossils.

Look, I've played Diablo III, and the challenges there are actually good. These aren't challenging, they're just annoying.
"
whengreg wrote:
What gets me is that these challenges are counter to the entire point of the league. In Delve, your goal should be to delve as deep as you can manage...unless you want to complete Delve Encounters IV, in which case you're better off just going sideways at level 100 so you don't waste as much sulphite. (Which is extremely boring.)

Also, seriously, I have almost 200 hours in this league, and I've found exactly 0 of these areas. Warbands aren't even that unbalanced! Why are they so rare? And don't get me started on "Use following Fossils". This basically requires you to spend an exalted to finish because you need one of the super-rare fossils.

Look, I've played Diablo III, and the challenges there are actually good. These aren't challenging, they're just annoying.

meh not really. i tried side delving. its not the best for finding delve encounters 4.
going down is the best way.
after 1k you get 4 fossil stashes every screen so yeah.
dont go side kids go down.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Im glad I wasnt the only one who felt this way about Delves challenges. Now if only devs do something about it.
Topkek
Btw, anyone got any tips to find one of these ********* 4 sockets resonators ?
Because I don't know how many hundreds of walls I've blown up, I'm close to 400 depth, went sideways at many different depths, always trying to explore everything, and ..... NOP, not a single ******* one -_____-".

Do they seem to spawn more often the deeper ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 22, 2018, 3:21:12 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Btw, anyone got any tips to find one of these ********* 4 sockets resonators ?
Because I don't know how many hundreds of walls I've blown up, I'm close to 400 depth, went sideways at many different depths, always trying to explore everything, and ..... NOP, not a single ******* one -_____-".

Do they seem to spawn more often the deeper ?

I found 2x 4socket resonators. One from depth 150ish and another 300ish. Not sure if there is min depth they spawn in.
Topkek

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info