I’ve had the worst customer support experience of my life from this game

First off let me tell you a little bit about me and this game. I’ve been playing this game nearly every season since beta back in 2012. I only play in Hardcore leagues and have multiple 80+ characters. I have well over a couple thousand hours in this game. I have spent over a couple hundred dollars in different micro transactions in this game. I stream this game when I play it. I have always talked good about Path of Exile. I feel the game is way better than Diablo. Having said that, I took a break and skipped a league recently. I tried to log in after taking a break and discovered that my account had been stolen. Tuesday morning in PST I contacted support. Tuesday afternoon a guy named AL from support started helping me a lot, asking me for different proofs to verify I’m the owner. [Removed by Support] At this point I’m thinking ok I’ll be getting my account back soon this is good. I’m happy with how it was handled at this point.

About 3 hours later nothing is going on. AL was no longer emailing me back. After this happened I tried multiple times to get an update on my account. 5pm PST on Tuesday (same day) I get my last email from customer support saying we’re working on your case but we have a lot of other cases going on. This email is the last email I’ve received from them. It’s now Thursday night at 4:15pm PST and I’ve heard nothing from them. Not a single update saying hey we’re still working on it. I’ve tried many times since Tuesday night until now to get an update on it. I heard they have a small support team. I get it but at the same time I feel like my case is taking way to long and how it’s been handled has been awful. I just don’t know what else I can do at this point. I want to play the game but I want to play on my account. I want to play in a private league that requires an established account. New accounts can’t play in them so I can’t just make a new character and play right now. If I could then I would but I can’t. Such a frustrating experience for these past 3 or 4 days now.
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Nov 15, 2018, 7:34:04 PM
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2018, 12:35:55 PM
"
SnoddyG wrote:
I want to play in a private league that requires an established account. New accounts can’t play in them so I can’t just make a new character and play right now. If I could then I would but I can’t. Such a frustrating experience for these past 3 or 4 days now.

Where are you getting that from? Unless I missed it I haven't seen anything about new accounts being restricted from playing in private leagues.

FWIW when you re-email them you're bumping yourself back to the end of the queue. You just have to let them do their thing, as frustrating as it is to wait. Would you rather them not be absolutely positive they're giving your account to the right person?

Hopefully they can get you your account back sooner rather than later.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
New accounts aren’t restricted you’re correct on that. The league that I want to play in , Kripparians League, is for hardcore players only no casuals. The only way they can verify if you’re a hardcore player is by looking at the account. A new account will not be accepted. As for the queue I have left them alone for awhile talking 26 hours now and still nothing. Also another point I would like to add the longer my account is in someone else’s hands the more likely my account gets destroyed. I don’t know how long this guys had my account for. I’m stressed out.
Last edited by SnoddyG on Nov 15, 2018, 8:18:25 PM
well I think you will need to look a bit on your internal security because when someone tries to login to your account from a other IP then the normal one, a confirm code is sent to the e-mail connected to the account. So the hacker needs access to this one also unless you have asked GGG to remove the account security check on your account.

Also, every time you send GGG a e-mail requesting a update on yoor account you place in the support queue is reset = it will take even longer before they will get back to you.

GL.
Question, It has been exactly 2 days now since I tried to contact support. I haven’t heard anything back. Do I try and contact them again to get an update or do I not do anything and have faith that they are looking into my case still?
Wait for their response. If you contact them again, you'll go back to the end of the queue. Different queries take different time to answer. I'd say 2 days is not so long.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Account investigations take time. If it takes a week and you email them after 2 days, you just changed a 7 day resolution into a 9 day resolution. Sounds like you already set yourself back several days. Be patient or you’re not going to have the account back before the next league starts.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Spoiler
MY SPPT FROM THEM IS NOTHING SHORT OF STELLAR !!
INDEED!!!!!!
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Natasha on Nov 19, 2018, 8:46:08 PM
Hey guys, it's been 17 days since I opened my ticket. My case is still unresolved AND I've not been attempting to email them. I've waited every single time for them to send me something. It takes them literally days to send me any kind of email. Still the worst customer support experience of my life! New expansion comes out in a week and I will not have my account back. I can't believe it is taking this long. I understand that they need to verify I am who I am but at the same time the process should not take 3-4 weeks to complete. That is a joke.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info