Need help with my Ice Shot Ranger

Hi POE-Community,

I am pretty new to POE, so I appreciate every help you guys give me.
First of all, I didnt knew where to post such a Thread, so forgive me if I am wrong.

At the Moment I am playing a Ice Shot/Barrage Deadeye Ranger.
This is my Tree:
https://www.poeplanner.com/AA0AAPMADSIBAHYAXgMeBS0FtQguES8RgRR1Fr8Zjh9BIXYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgrCi5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51EMxR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtW-luvXfJh4mHrYqxjp2VNZ6BsCGyMbydwUnTtdct293fXePl6U3rvfXV-3X8rgayGzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2Caapsmm42dqqCfpMKpebTFtUi9Nr6nwTPC7MjMzZjPetNv037UI9rB2-fdRt9v45_kaudU6NbqYutj7T_tg-4O73rvj_GK_W7-uv_eMHHdqEt4OkKv6wHRz14VQxPasQHpvfC78rhhEAAAAAAA

This is my Equipment at the moment:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Necator007/characters

As you can see I am playing with 2 5-Links, because I couldnt afford much more at the moment.

I got some core problems/questions:

1. What Item, Jewel, Flask (whatever) should I try to improve and what do I need to aim for?
2. Is the fastest way to farm Currency for me to spam 5-10 Tier Maps?
3. Why does my Barrage only so little damage? I read everywhere, that it is the best single target DPS skill in the game. But for me it isnt :(

I thank you very much for your help
Necator
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 5:20:44 PM
Your profile is private, can't see character.
Thanks I corrected that
1. What Item, Jewel, Flask (whatever) should I try to improve and what do I need to aim for?

A) Get a diamond flask. Drop the mana flask and one of your life flasks. You could replace one of the life flasks with a defensive flask for better survivability (Stibnite, Jade, or Quartz flasks). You're lacking in life/resists on your gear. Consider picking up a 1 socket Tombfist and slap a Murderous eye jewel in there with 30+ life and a flat damage mod or crit multiplier. Swap your belt with a high life (at least 80+) Stygian Vise and throw another abyss jewel with 30+ life in it.

Max your resists and get at least 70+ life in every slot. Make your uncapped cold resist a little higher than the rest so you can make use of a Wise Oak at a later time.

2. Is the fastest way to farm Currency for me to spam 5-10 Tier Maps?

A) ...Sure? Just run whatever the highest tier map you can consistently clear in a timely manner without dying. If you're not working atlas progression, it's okay to skip bosses on maps you've already completed.

3. Why does my Barrage only so little damage? I read everywhere, that it is the best single target DPS skill in the game. But for me it isnt :(

A) You need +1 arrow stuff everywhere, more crit multipliers, and more attack speed. You can get a shaped quiver with +1 projectiles on it, and you can play with your Ascendancy to get another arrow. Then just stack attack speed, flat cold damage, ele damage with attacks, and crit multipliers anywhere you can get it.

I'm not really a POE pro, so others can probably give more detail, but that's the direction I'd head in.
Last edited by gotlolz on Nov 15, 2018, 3:22:54 PM
Hi and welcome,

First of all you should fix your cold and lightning resistance.

Tombfist gloves are great but I would prefer Hrimburn till you can afford two socketed Tombfist with two great jewels.
It should boost your barrage dps by 18% bcos of 90% conversion to cold damage.
You should also put Abyss jewel into your belt.

Barrage build is quite expensive for endgame use.
As mentioned before you should get items with an extra projectiles.

You have access to legacy stuff in standard theoretically but it will be even more expensive and probably out of your budget.

+1-2 barrage enchant on helm, arrows +1, Dying sun are not a cheap items.

You need to combine it with very good jewels and flasks to reach really high numbers.

In fact your gear is fine for yellow/red tier mapping but you need some practice in fight.

You should stay very close to the enemy to get full potential from this bow (close range bonus) and Point blank passive.

Point blank is contra productive while shooting from long distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info