Every day I am supposed to download 12GB+ running on wine/linux

Hi guys,

I have a problem: when first starting PoE running with wine on linux on a day, I am supposed to redownload 12GB+. As I am sure the Content.ggpk file which I backupped is not corrupt, I just uninstall and reinstall copying the Content.ggpk file into install folder.

Afterwards I have to redownload some minor patches 70MB or so and am ready to play. The strange thing is this happens only on initial strart of the day, restarts work just fine.

So I want to file a BUG report that your resource check is not working as intended. This is becausee the same Content.ggpk file is when not freshly installed apparently corrupt so it wants to redownload. But when freshly installed it is checking resources and the file is considered valid. This did started to happen with the last hot fix or the one before.

I wonder if your resource check is considering a valid content.ggpk file as corrupt no matter what when its from a previous day filestamped or something alike.

As I do not intend to wait for a 12GB+ dowwnload for time reasons, I do not know if afterwards the problem would reoccur. The reinstall takes just 2 minutes, but still.
Your resource ccheck must be somewhat broken since it considers the file corrupt after downloading the newest patches and shutting down the system for the night.
The backup Content.ggpk file I have is considered valid. When reinstalling with the Content.ggpk fresh from the PoE folder, it is considered invalid too.

Maybe u should check the resource after a patch download again and see if it always wants to redownload, since after the patching of my backup file I think it is not checking resources again.

Please advise further steps or fix this bug it is really annoying. And please do not advice me to just redownload. I am very cerrtain that then I would have to download 12GB every day and that for sure is a PoE client problem.

By the way when I restart PoE it will not fail the resource check and redownload. Thus a power off of the system might be what triggers this. Have not checked though since I consider this official people who get paid work. Thats what you are for.
I do not kmnow if running on linux in wine is supported or not, it should be anyhow, and thus I wonder if you will answer but u have an official wine thread which I did not use on purpose since tthis is not a wine/linux issue per sé

regards,

Chris

PS: I would really like to read an official opinion on this matter.

EDIT: Just deleting Content.ggpk and copyingh it into ionstallfolder is triggering the 12GB also, so I have to reinstall very often which piosses me off, but yet it is faster to get gaming when doing so and not waiting for 12GB to be downloaded.
Last edited by mitvitaminen on Nov 15, 2018, 12:57:28 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2018, 5:19:46 AM
Non windows OS's are not supported, so problems you encounter while using non windows OS's are not going to get an answer.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
well I assume it is not OS related... and actually steam just launched proton and you do not support linux thats quite outdated. well I be not playing your gamne then and not recommending it to anyone but telling everyone to stay away from suich consumer unfriendly buizness what the wine thread is for I wonder u could actually just delete it
I just tested to download and guess what iut wants to redownload 12 GB right away AGAIN...fix your freakin resource check WTF
have a good day
You should understand that wine is not a 100% accurate/complete windows representation. Stubs & different (than expected) behavior is (relative) normal.
Since you are on linux you should (read: have to) be able to find & understand the problem by yourself, GGG does not officially support linux (or just wine) so don't expect anything from them if you don't pinpoint the problem itself incl. technical details.
"
mitvitaminen wrote:
well I assume it is not OS related... and actually steam just launched proton and you do not support linux thats quite outdated. well I be not playing your gamne then and not recommending it to anyone but telling everyone to stay away from suich consumer unfriendly buizness what the wine thread is for I wonder u could actually just delete it
I just tested to download and guess what iut wants to redownload 12 GB right away AGAIN...fix your freakin resource check WTF
have a good day

Lagwin1980 is not a GGG employee.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info