derailed expertly. Delete this thread please.

Before I go and make a total arse of myself and boldly state that iiq is garbage, I figured I would ask. Am I doing it wrong?

Here are my observations:

I have two characters I play currently. One is a melee cycloner with zero iiq, and the other is the standard windripper ranger with 170iiq.

The non iiq char can do t16s with any mods and 5 sextants usually. This is the build I usually play as I enjoy it so much. This build has ZERO iiq and yet drops significantly MORE currency, maps, and other loot than the windripper.

The windripper is too weak to run the same set of maps as the cyloner, so I have been running my shaped t10s on her with very little investment. I will chisel and alc, but no sextants as the return from t10s just isn't worth sextants to me. Each map I would average around 6 chaos worth of drops. Normally, maps roll around 75% quantity + my 170iiq and another 15 quant from windripper. So even though I cannot run super high quant maps like the cycloner can, I actually have higher total iiq in maps (theoretically). Why then, does my cycloner average about double the amount of currency drops?

Am I doing it wrong by not sextanting my windrippers maps? Or is it that she is too weak to run the maps where iiq can actually make a difference? How are you guys actually making profit with iiq builds?

Thanks for your input!

~Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Nov 17, 2018, 7:39:41 PM
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2018, 6:36:50 AM
Should I make fun of you or give you advise my walrus clan tells me both <.<

/hug

RNG will be RNG and nothing more but I will tell you Sex'ing is like gg god tier for an IIQ char it's unreal.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 15, 2018, 7:47:00 AM
I just have a hard time thinking that dropping 20 chaos into sextants for t10's could actually profit. I have no issues doing it in t15s+ since maps sell for so much. But t10s? I would be praying that 20 more chaos worth of currency will drop by simply adding sextants. That would be about double what is currently dropping.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
yep i have like full mf gear didnt find much extra drops at all
In my opinion IIQ is overrated and only worth doing if you are farming low level maps for cards. Otherwise you are much better off with a strong character that can clear high content fast.
i run only guardian T16 maps with ALWAYS 2-3 red sextant, or white maps with 4-5 sextant using elder zana mod.

loot is much higher in T16 2-3 red sextant compared to 4-5sextant with elder zana mod.

-elder zana mod u can't use any other zana mod
-guardian maps are going to have 50% iiq average more than using shaped/elder zana mod.
-elder/shaper influence.

even if i always roll pack size with my white sextant since the cost is low rerolling the mod, loot is still much higher in guardian maps while not rerolling mods like additional invasion boss or map boss drop an additional unique

maps with shaped/elder zana mod of zana suck cause sextant mods increase the loot much more if the map has high base iiq/pack
IIR works.

If you kill 1 million mobs with 170% IIR you will find 170% more blue, yellow or unique items than a person with 0% IIR.

This doesn't mean that the blue, yellow or unique items will be better. Some of them might even get filtered out by your loot filter.

Most of the time IIR on equipment comes at the expense of an affix that can increase DPS or improve survivability.

If you can kill at the same speed and difficulty with IIR compared to without IIR you will find more 'rare' items.

I find this especially noticeable when you do the ACT1 through ACT10 playthrough with a new character. If you have IIR to start with (Goldrim/wondertrap combo, for example) you will have many more uniques at the end of ACT10 than if you play without.

All things being equal killing 50% faster with 0 IIR at the same tier is going to yield better results than killing at normal speed with 49.9% IIR.

You need a large sample size for the RNG to become statistically significant - probably ~100K monsters or so.
Alright... I just rolled a couple runs of decked out t14s since that is the absolute highest this windripper can do (died 3 times lol). 5 sextants of "good" mods, chiseled, 85+ map quant, and harbinger zana.

It is literally no better than my zero iiq char. It took longer since she is weaker, and the drops were the same if not worse. I'm convinced that iiq has almost no effect. But at least I can get some exalts from this mf gear haha.

Perhaps if my clearspeed were higher along with this iiq, the result would be different. But the very clear winner here is clearspeed and harder maps. Hands down. At least for me.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Nov 15, 2018, 8:46:24 AM
curious why is your mf char so horribly... um optimized XD
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
curious why is your mf char so horribly... um optimized XD

How so? I didn't make this build, just followed a guide. What can I improve?
DISCLAIMER!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info